How do you get your hubby to....

barbaraanne

On 2/15/2020 at 2:13 PM, ams1130 said:

I'm sure my answer isn't politically correct, but if I didn't look after my husband's wardrobe (day to day, not just for vacations) I'm pretty sure he'd be wearing the same pair of sweatpants and tshirt he had when I met him in 1980. And as far as underwear; let's not go there 😳 For reference, he's still working and I retired last month. He's a fantastic man who does a lot for me, so this is something I do for him. I've been shopping for him for our upcoming cruise for months.  My son, fortunately, doesn't expect his wife to do this stuff, either.

same here :)  we've been married for over 33 years, & I do the clothing shopping, & the packing for vacations...  I'm type A when it comes to packing, so it keeps both of us happy.   it's kind of the point of being partners, right?  Each one contributes whatever they're good at...  at least that's how it works for us :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

When she was alive my mother sometimes referred to my father as "hubby" and I found it sweet rather than childish🤷‍♀️ I'm guessing you really would have been annoyed with my grandparents who called each other Mother and Pop.  One of my aunts always referred to her husband as "Honey" enough so that I wondered if it wasn't a variant of his name even though we called him Uncle [First name].

I'm not sure if I've ever heard "wifey" or not but I think I have and I'm sure I didn't hear wifey or hubby as disrespectful terms for the person's spouse.

I just mean in a public forum.

FWIW, we don't shop for upcoming vacations unless there's a particular item that needs to be replaced. For Bob it may be golf shirts as he does play the game and they do get rather faded over time.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 8:39 PM, crystalspin said:

I make lists and then spreadsheets (!)

This isn't the first time I've seen spreadsheets mentioned and have intended to ask what do the columns after the first one have in them and what calculations do the spreadsheets do? TIA.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, clo said:

This isn't the first time I've seen spreadsheets mentioned and have intended to ask what do the columns after the first one have in them and what calculations do the spreadsheets do? TIA.

15 minutes ago, clo said:

I have spreadsheets of my own.

However, Between my TA and me Cruise Line , 

with all the money they compelled/ complicated, 

me thinks they could call me back with their services. 

Edited by $hip$hape

1 minute ago, $hip$hape said:

Between my TA and me Cruise Line , 

with all the money they compelled, 

me thinks they could call me back with their services. 

Did you mean to reply to me? If so, I really have no idea what you're saying 🙂

13 minutes ago, ams1130 said:

Pedantic comments

Unnecessary comments

Unhelpful comments

Today

Later today

Undoubtedly tomorrow

LOL!

I have spreadsheets for travel planning. For packing, I use Word and PowerPoint. It's helpful for me to put together my mix and match separates into different outfits by day (I keep photo files - easy when I do much of my shopping online - but it's still easy to find or even take photos of other items) 

That said, I have been known to use Excel for non-numerical purposes. It's still good for sorting and analyzing even without numerical calculations.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

I have spreadsheets for travel planning. For packing, I use Word and PowerPoint. It's helpful for me to put together my mix and match separates into different outfits by day (I keep photo files - easy when I do much of my shopping online - but it's still easy to find or even take photos of other items) 

That said, I have been known to use Excel for non-numerical purposes. It's still good for sorting and analyzing even without numerical calculations.

I've been retired for quite a while but thought Word was for word processing and Power Point for presentations. And you use Excel for non-numerical purposes. Is this actually just list making. I ask sincerely.

2 hours ago, Realblonde474 said:

This is an hysterical topic...thanks for the chuckle. 

I just pack and shop for my husband.

And I train him with cute high heels (for me) but that's just us.

OT but I went to Camp Fire Girl camp in Toccoa...about a million years ago. I remember it as very beautiful.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

@clo  This^^^

It's really just a more versatile table than Word seems to be able to do. Also when I do need to weigh items, it has the ability to SUM the totals. I will have MINE and HIS sub-tables for planning and then swap outfits and items between when it comes to cross-packing. If I use two colors (Blue for him and Red for me, as those are our suitcase colors), then I have a visual cue for what is swapped where!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, clo said:

OT but I went to Camp Fire Girl camp in Toccoa...about a million years ago. I remember it as very beautiful.

Thank you. My 3 children attended the same camp! It is beautiful up here. We purchased an old horse farm with 90 acres. My girlfriend's make lots of "Green Acres" jokes. Doesn't have the shopping that I am used to in Atlanta where I grew up but Toccoa is a lovely small town.

• Like 1

You can't sort or analyze tables or lists in Word. By "analyze", I often use excel to count the number of times a certain word is used in a column (like countries or cities) so I know the number of records in the spreadsheet assigned to different categories. I change the sort options all the time. Can do that with two clicks in excel, not at all in Word.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m fighting this battle now🙄. We sail two weeks from today. 

Hubby has lost weight. I suggested he get together some clothes 

he wants to take so I could begin the Tetris game that is packing. 

He responded “ we don’t leave for two weeks! What am I supposed to wear?”

now , granted, we live in Atlanta. But it is February and we are not wearing shorts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Chocolatemom2 said:

I’m fighting this battle now🙄. We sail two weeks from today. 

Hubby has lost weight. I suggested he get together some clothes 

he wants to take so I could begin the Tetris game that is packing. 

He responded “ we don’t leave for two weeks! What am I supposed to wear?”

now , granted, we live in Atlanta. But it is February and we are not wearing shorts. 

We don't actually pack ahead of time but maybe a week out we set up the "staging area" (our dining table that's been covered with a heavy cloth). We start putting out things that we won't be needing during the coming week. We'll usually do a couple of loads of laundry (whites and perm-press) quite close to leaving.

I got into the habit of packing early when we had a dog that shed like it was his job. It was just easier to put him out, clean all surfaces in the spare room while the laundry was going, then pack it straight into the bag. It was the only hope I had of not being covered in fuzz every day of our cruise.

😄

OTOH, I wait until the last minute/day before to get the suitcases out. Because the cats know what they are and get stressed! (I can segregate items going on an "X" hanging rod and use the ironing board for folded items in the spare room, because there are always things there so it goes unsuspected.)