Complimentary Laundry

AceVancouver

I will be in a Penthouse Junior Suite on an upcoming cruise. Description of this cabin says there is "Complimentary laundry, dry cleaning, pressing & shoe shine services" but nowhere can I find that they provide specific information. Their Live Chat seems to be pretty busy so I thought I'd try CC. Thanks.

33 minutes ago, just_dont said:

Pretty straightforward: you leave your clothes for your room attendant; they wash (press) and fold your clothes, and return them to your room 1-2 days later. And they don't charge you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks but I assume there are limitations.

1 hour ago, AceVancouver said:

Thanks but I assume there are limitations.

There were no limits on any laundry or dry cleaning in Explorer Suites however I would be sure to ask your cabin attendant for the. Jr Suite amenities. They do a great job in the laundry room and return your garments as if they were brand new.

4 hours ago, AceVancouver said:

I will be in a Penthouse Junior Suite on an upcoming cruise. Description of this cabin says there is "Complimentary laundry, dry cleaning, pressing & shoe shine services" but nowhere can I find that they provide specific information. Their Live Chat seems to be pretty busy so I thought I'd try CC. Thanks.

We've been in Penthouse Junior Suite on 4 cruises and love the included laundry. The process is simple - there is a laundry bag and a form. Put your clothes which require washing in the bag each morning, fill in the form showing how many of each item, and leave the bag and form on the bed. The bag will be collected mid-morning (a new form will be left for you) and the laundry is returned the next afternoon . So the only day you can't do laundry in is the second last day of your cruise (as you will disembark the next morning - so not enough time to get the laundry back).

The only limitation is the size of the bag - and we have never had more clothes than will fit in the bag if we do laundry every day.

Your laundry will be returned on hangers and will be hanging in the wardrobe, or neatly folded inside a cute square box on the bed.

We have never used the shoe shine or dry cleaning service.

Edited by Cleopatra99
error
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cleopatra99 said:

We've been in Penthouse Junior Suite on 4 cruises and love the included laundry. The process is simple - there is a laundry bag and a form. Put your clothes which require washing in the bag each morning, fill in the form showing how many of each item, and leave the bag and form on the bed. The bag will be collected mid-morning (a new form will be left for you) and the laundry is returned the next afternoon . So the only day you can't do laundry in is the second last day of your cruise (as you will disembark the next morning - so not enough time to get the laundry back).

The only limitation is the size of the bag - and we have never had more clothes than will fit in the bag if we do laundry every day.

Your laundry will be returned on hangers and will be hanging in the wardrobe, or neatly folded inside a cute square box on the bed.

We have never used the shoe shine or dry cleaning service.

Thanks so much for this info.

• Like 1

We saw on another thread about how to more easily remove those little (nearly indestructible) laundry ID tags.  It was passed along from a crew member (laundry gang ?) and was pretty simple, just take a warm iron and heat it up being careful not to damage the material it is on. It softens the adhesive and makes it easier to remove.

Can't vouch for it personally, but it seems  like a reasonable solution.

Senior Gators

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/17/2020 at 7:30 PM, photomom5 said:

You can leave clothes in the morning or evening, it is returned a day or 2 later. No limits, no exceptions, it was amazing. It was like having a laundry fairy. 

Which is it? Makes a difference. Viking must have a standard turn-around protocol.

Morning tended to be next day and evening one day later but sometimes next day.  If you work on 48 hours then you are more likely to be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed. If you need something back urgently then ask your cabin steward if it is possible.

On 2/19/2020 at 2:22 PM, Senior Gators said:

We saw on another thread about how to more easily remove those little (nearly indestructible) laundry ID tags.  It was passed along from a crew member (laundry gang ?) and was pretty simple, just take a warm iron and heat it up being careful not to damage the material it is on. It softens the adhesive and makes it easier to remove.

Can't vouch for it personally, but it seems  like a reasonable solution.

Senior Gators

It works!

10 hours ago, duquephart said:

Which is it? Makes a difference. Viking must have a standard turn-around protocol.

From our experience, leave your laundry bag on the bed in the morning and it will be back the next afternoon. I think you can pay for same day service, but we have never found it necessary. The included laundry is a great perk.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:40 PM, Emptynesters38 said:

They leave a small label with your suite number on each item of clothing. I am still finding 6099 on some clothes 3 months after my cruise bringing back memories!

I found one recently from when we moved to Paris in 1994 and my husband had his laundry done before we moved into our house there.  They don't fall off; you need to purposely peel them off.