Currently On Board Celebrity Equinox 2/15-2/22

keesar

21 hours ago, RickT said:

Not to start a discussion on dress code but I have seen people in shorts turned away and believe that’s the right thing for X to do.  The required dress code is fairly relaxed but shorts are not on the list of acceptance attire.

I think it is not enforced consistently. As I said we saw a fellow in shorts get seated last week.  When I hear people say they don’t want to dress up, I want them to know it is not something to be concerned about.  

13 minutes ago, Roo B said:

I think it is not enforced consistently. As I said we saw a fellow in shorts get seated last week.  When I hear people say they don’t want to dress up, I want them to know it is not something to be concerned about.  

My spouse wore shorts to Blu almost every night. She was never turned away. She did not pack anything other than shorts because we didn't realize there was a dress code.

23 hours ago, RickT said:

Not to start a discussion on dress code but I have seen people in shorts turned away and believe that’s the right thing for X to do.  The required dress code is fairly relaxed but shorts are not on the list of acceptance attire.

Posted outside Luminae three weeks ago:

E770D15A-8D59-4526-86B6-7410282F4888.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

On 2/21/2020 at 1:40 PM, martiniren said:

Envious that you were in Tortola.  When I booked the March 28 2020 cruise, Tortola was on the itinerary.  It has since been replaced with Samana, D.R.  We stopped at Samana, D.R. several years ago, and were extremely unimpressed.  This year, Samana day will be another Sea Day for us.  

We love Tortola.  So much beauty in the area.  Sights are fantastic and the people are friendly.

We were supposed to go to Punta Cana  last February and ended up in Samana.  We did the excursion to see the whales which were wintering there.  That was nice.  Otherwise, would be aboard the ship.  I noted that there was a port change and if it happened to me, I would be upset.

2 hours ago, candydane said:

How much was the Celebrity transportation to the airport?  We have lots more OBC to use somewhere.

The cost was $15.95 per person and you sign up at Guest Relations.    The bus was sir conditioned and filled up pretty quickly.  It leaves when all seats are taken.  First stop was Southwest, United, and a few others.  A nice part was that we were directed to a different exit  with a tour group and  there was no waiting in line to leave the ship.  

Just got back and want to offer some tips/observations from the Equinox:

- Being able to drop off your personal items in your room as soon as you board was fantastic.  The safe was open and ready for valuables as well. Your Sea Pass cards were outside the room in a sealed envelope.

- Bring a light sweater as it was cool in the common areas

- Prepare for rough seas the first and last nights.  There have been 15 foot seas off the coast of Florida.  

- Buy your excursions. from Celebrity before you board, especially with the 20% off sales.

- The iLounge had MacBooks, iPads, and iWatches for sale through the last night.  However, the items may not be the current generation.  iPads were May 2018.

- I had no problem getting a chair in the sun on any day.  That was shocking...

- Take advantage of the Sky Lounge.  Still intact with its great views and bar service.

- Make sure you get a burger from the Mast Grill and check out the Italian, Mexican, Greek, French, etc. stations which change daily in the Oceanview. 

- The App still needs work but is off to a good  start.

Overall, the cruise was one of the better ones despite rough seas in the beginning and end. Food, musical entertainment and service were outstanding.  Equinox got some needed refreshing in areas.   We love the S-class ships as they offer great value.  

• Like 7

On 2/18/2020 at 7:58 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

Could you post a picture of the balcony furniture? 

Here is a photo of the balcony furniture.  The table actually looks bigger than what it actually is.  Not much room for your favorite beverages.  Here is what is inside the tray.DSC02310.thumb.JPG.1b2725d870b315b9f87684c4aab9a7eb.JPGDSC02327.thumb.JPG.b05bcc4f1e870b3f2c557fc0b8ebc851.JPG

Here are some photos.  The first is the view from my cabin arriving in San Juan.  The lower one is the view from my chair on Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas.  You can see there is no one in the water---because there were few people there.DSC02219.thumb.JPG.a7292ade7859efd07f0cc3fdb94f793b.JPGDSC02245.thumb.JPG.89f4aff3bcc15471d9fbfdaf36b26213.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keesar said:

Here are some photos.  The first is the view from my cabin arriving in San Juan.  The lower one is the view from my chair on Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas.  You can see there is no one in the water---because there were few people there.DSC02219.thumb.JPG.a7292ade7859efd07f0cc3fdb94f793b.JPGDSC02245.thumb.JPG.89f4aff3bcc15471d9fbfdaf36b26213.JPG

Was this port or starboard side?

Just now, Purplsmurf said:

The port side.  In Nassau, we were on the ocean side looking toward Atlantis and the peninsula where the lighthouse is located.   The starboard side got to see and hear the Disney ship.  Did that once.  Below is the view  from our cabin balcony in Nassau.DSC02341.thumb.JPG.3ee5664ca51fc6d7da10bbef9b935496.JPGDSC02343.thumb.JPG.ef1104e374904ea4d3a55092e7566f2a.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

9 hours ago, keesar said:

Which pier did you dock at in San Juan? Will be on Equinox next Saturday and wondering how far the walk is into old San Juan. 

6 hours ago, CruiserN1 said:

Which pier did you dock at in San Juan? Will be on Equinox next Saturday and wondering how far the walk is into old San Juan. 

Expect to dock at Pier 21 right in Old San Juan.  When you walk off the pier and pass security, you will be right in front of Walgreens and the Sheraton in Old San Juan.  The historical district area.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 2:34 PM, Roo B said:

We are on Equinox now and were pleasantly surprised when they turn away a man in shorts last night in front of us...and this was a smart casual night...not a chic night.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:01 PM, keesar said:

Here are some photos.  The first is the view from my cabin arriving in San Juan.  The lower one is the view from my chair on Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas.  You can see there is no one in the water---because there were few people there.

How much was the taxi to Sapphire Beach and how much was the chair/umbrella rental.  We are thinking of going in May.  We have been to Magen's Bay and Coki, so we are thinking of trying something new.  Was there a vendor for food/drinks?

8 hours ago, elaineb said:

How much was the taxi to Sapphire Beach and how much was the chair/umbrella rental.  We are thinking of going in May.  We have been to Magen's Bay and Coki, so we are thinking of trying something new.  Was there a vendor for food/drinks?

We booked the excursion thru Celebrity.  We paid $29.25 each.   With Celebrity, there was transportation to/from,  clean beach chairs, snorkeling gear and vests, and one drink from the bar.  There were umbrella rentals for $15 but there was plenty of shade along the beach under the trees.  I did not see one umbrella along the beach on the sunny day.    I believe there was food for sale at the bar.

18 hours ago, keesar said:

We booked the excursion thru Celebrity.  We paid $29.25 each.   With Celebrity, there was transportation to/from,  clean beach chairs, snorkeling gear and vests, and one drink from the bar.  There were umbrella rentals for $15 but there was plenty of shade along the beach under the trees.  I did not see one umbrella along the beach on the sunny day.    I believe there was food for sale at the bar.

Do you remember what the name of the excursion was?  Sometimes they do not name the beach.  Thanks.

On 2/22/2020 at 2:04 PM, mac_tlc said:

Posted outside Luminae three weeks ago:

image.png.d1a2db54e779a0ea55bcc7d1ddfe2e63.png

Rotated the pic so that we all don't walk around with a crick in our necks  🙂

On the Smart Casual for men, I guess "long sleeve sport shirt" precludes polo/golf shirts then.  Which is kind of weird, since "sport shirts" can be non collared.  I would think a golf shirt is more chic than a "long sleeve sport shirt."

image.png.110f5eb47f64883ea405c74ce7fa7e4a.png

Edited by mpk

Just now, mpk said:

image.png.d1a2db54e779a0ea55bcc7d1ddfe2e63.png

Rotated the pic so that we all don't walk around with a crick in our necks  🙂

Thanks !. Maybe the staff can read it now and, I don't know, maybe enforce it.

It is right side up on my phone, but when I attached it, it rotated 90 degrees.

mac_tlc

11 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Thanks !. Maybe the staff can read it now and, I don't know, maybe enforce it.

It is right side up on my phone, but when I attached it, it rotated 90 degrees.

mac_tlc

I agree.  I'm not a stickler for a lot of stuff, and am quite happy go lucky.  But I prefer not to spend two hours viewing a hairy leg ending in flip flops in the MDR at the next table during dinner.  Yes, it's happened.  Thankfully, only once.  Wish he would have at least hid it with the tablecloth, lol

Edited by mpk