Where are you, my MSC shipmates?

shipgeeks

MSC Roll Calls are usually quite small; understandably so, as the majority of passengers will not be English-speaking.

But only three people signed up for an April Meet & Mingle?  Therefore, no M&M, no cake, no sparkly drinks, no conversations with each other and with the nice officers.  So sad.

If you have an MSC cruise coming up, how about checking out your Roll Call, and registering for your Meet & Mingle?  It's worth it, I promise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

MSC Roll Calls are usually quite small; understandably so, as the majority of passengers will not be English-speaking.

But only three people signed up for an April Meet & Mingle?  Therefore, no M&M, no cake, no sparkly drinks, no conversations with each other and with the nice officers.  So sad.

If you have an MSC cruise coming up, how about checking out your Roll Call, and registering for your Meet & Mingle?  It's worth it, I promise.

I agree!  I was very impressed and pleased with the CC Roll Call Party that the staff of MSC Meraviglia provided.  Live, soft piano music in the background, generous beverage service, high-end hors d' oeuvres, i.e. caviar, etc. including a Captain and Hotel Director willing to pose for pictures with their guests with the guest's camera being used.

On 2/17/2020 at 5:16 PM, agnesd said:

Happy!  We have 37 so far for Seaside 5/9.  Last cruise we were getting ready and my toe caught the sheet!!  No party and black eyes for the rest of the 11 days!!

Wow, what extremes of good luck and bad luck!  I hope your Seaside cruise is 100% good luck!

I have only 1 other person on our cruise Roll Call. It is a European cruise and only 1 person from France has signed up. There were 2 more but, they cancelled their cruise over the holidays.

It has been posted for 8 months. We sail in June to Iceland . I may just invite her for a drink , to put face to posts. 

Edited by phissy

My rollcall for our March cruise has very few participants. I registered for the meet and greet anyway, and to my surprise there are 70 people registered according to the page.

I guess more people are interested in the party on board then chatting before hand!

1 hour ago, Reds4life said:

I went to one of these meetings. I didn't go back because I don't drink and would've loved to have had a Diet Coke or a fruity non alcoholic drink. No such luck. 

I'm sorry you were disappointed.  I had a lovely fruity drink at one; just ask nicely.  Did you stay long enough to have some cake? I'm not a cake eater, but it got big smiles from all the others.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I'm sorry you were disappointed.  I had a lovely fruity drink at one; just ask nicely.  Did you stay long enough to have some cake? I'm not a cake eater, but it got big smiles from all the others.

Yes the cake looked good. I'm like you, not a big cake eater. But, I didn't know you can request drinks. That's a game changer for me. It was nice to meet the officers though. 

On 2/17/2020 at 4:01 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

It's even worse on the Mediterranean cruises.  Since people get on and off at almost every port, there is no 'there' there for a Roll Call.

There are roll calls for some, granted they are a pretty small group.  There is one for my embarkation date.  I checked for those that would start sailing before and after me but still be on while I was on and no luck for those.  So, if you are doing a Med cruise it is still worth looking and I'd look at those getting on just before and just after as well.

2 hours ago, Reds4life said:

I went to one of these meetings. I didn't go back because I don't drink and would've loved to have had a Diet Coke or a fruity non alcoholic drink. No such luck. 

There were non alcoholic punches set out among the other drinks at ours.  I think you probably just had really bad luck at yours, try again if there are no conflicts with something else you really want to do!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Reds4life said:

Did you try going to the bar and not asking for a Diet Coke from one of the Stewards?  When I attended, the bartender was at work and I saw people sitting at the bar.  Surely, the bartender could have supplied a non-alcoholic beverage for you if requested.

Re:  the cake.  It was very good!

14 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Did you try going to the bar and not asking for a Diet Coke from one of the Stewards?  When I attended, the bartender was at work and I saw people sitting at the bar.  Surely, the bartender could have supplied a non-alcoholic beverage for you if requested.

Re:  the cake.  It was very good!

I have no problem asking if they're complementary lol

1 hour ago, Reds4life said:

I have no problem asking anyone if the drinks are complementary lol. I went in 2017 on Divina and they only had champagne. We're not alcohol drinkers but love non alcoholic frozen drinks. Or just a plain Diet Coke. 

Well, a non-alcoholic drink requested that is not complimentary does not make much sense.  

Kind of like the $4 charge for me to watch a movie on my interactive TV as a YC guest.  

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Well, a non-alcoholic drink requested that is not complimentary does not make much sense.  

Kind of like the $4 charge for me to watch a movie on my interactive TV as a YC guest.  

I'm not sure what you mean. Can I get something other than champagne at the party for free? That's my reason for not going. If they're going to have what I would assume is more expensive alcoholic beverages for free then why not some cheap soda?

11 hours ago, Reds4life said:

Did you ask?  I don't drink alcohol either and have never had a problem getting something non-alcoholic to drink.

20 hours ago, Reds4life said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Can I get something other than champagne at the party for free? That's my reason for not going. If they're going to have what I would assume is more expensive alcoholic beverages for free then why not some cheap soda?

19 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Did you ask?  I don't drink alcohol either and have never had a problem getting something non-alcoholic to drink.

What I was trying to say was what Happy Cruiser 6143 posted.  I can't say with certainty, but the Stewards had flutes of what appeared to be Orange Juice on their trays.  They could have been Mimosas.  If so, then Orange Juice HAD to be available if nothing else non-alcoholic.

21 hours ago, HeavySeaman said:

I like Pina Coladas and Daquiris. Do they have those at these things? Can you order what you want?

Never have seen those ordered or given out during the M&M's I have attended. Diet Coke, yes, have had those many times.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

Never have seen those ordered or given out during the M&M's I have attended. Diet Coke, yes, have had those many times.

I agree with the previous poster.  But, since the M&M is in a Lounge with a bartender at work, if one would visit the bar and make a request for a Pina Colada, etc., what would he/she say?  If you try to do so, a report of your experience would be appreciated.