Refunds from Oceania

stageberglaw

5 minutes ago, Lucky O said:

image.thumb.png.4ca950aa7dfdfff6eed036fe79f1c258.png

Oh, I see.  Travel is the charge category and both are from Oceania.  So it looks like your deposit was was refund and the cruise fare was the other.  Does the cruise fare returned not the cruise fare listed on the invoice final invoice you received when you did the final payment? Did you have any excursions or any air add-ons you paid for?  Those would come separately.   If all these possibilities aren't the culprit,  I'd have your TA pursue the difference.

6 hours ago, Lucky O said:

Two came at once labeled “Travel” & “Oceania”

That looks like  your CC  that labels it Travel

I have  an account that puts my purchases into categories  also

11 hours ago, Lucky O said:

The invoice fare for two-$16,568 

Looks like you got shorted, but have you asked your TA to follow it up, or if you didn't use a TA, did you call Oceania directly and ask for an explanation?  I think you should give Oceania the opportunity to explain the difference.  They make mistakes and from previous posts, when the mistakes are brought to their attention, Oceania corrects them.  You shouldn't assume they're being nefarious.  They have thousands of refunds to process and mistakes happen.

Go to the source and ask for an explanation.  

• 3 weeks later...

Our flight and cruise have been suspended but Oceania is not refunding deposit. This is not fair. Why should Oceania keep our hard earned dollars. No incentive to travel with them once we are able to again. No one wants to talk to us from Oceania.

Assuming you paid the deposit with a credit card dispute the charge through your CC company. They pull more weight than you. That’s what we did and it worked out. We also will never travel Oceania again.

20 minutes ago, Frehar said:

Our flight and cruise have been suspended but Oceania is not refunding deposit. This is not fair. Why should Oceania keep our hard earned dollars. No incentive to travel with them once we are able to again. No one wants to talk to us from Oceania.

I think folks need a bit more detail.  Did you book through a TA or direct with O.  If through a TA, did you pay the TA who forwarded the deposit to O...what does your cc  and invoice say.  What are the T&C's that come with bookings in NZ.  Did you cancel or did O cancel?  Did you read through the threads here on CC to see what others have posted about refunds?  So far, O seems to have refunded both full payments and deposits in most cases, but there are long waits.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Frehar said:

Let me guess. Did you use a TA who originally charged your credit card to their account (does your credit card statement show the TA or Oceania as the deposit charger)? 

If so, you may want to read through this thread for the many stories of non-US TAs who do this and then, after Oceania cancels and returns money to the TA, keep or "sit on" the deposit amount.

Oceania returns money (per their T&Cs) to whoever paid OCEANIA.

2 hours ago, Frehar said:

As suggested by others, please take the time to read through this long but very informative thread.

When people have trouble with refunds 9 out of 10 times it has to do with their TA or T&C of booking in their country.

I have received THREE $1500 deposits in 43 days and a fully paid cruise in 53 days.

I booked through a TA but all charges were made directly to Oceania - none to TA.

Thank you all for your comments which I have read through. Had some contact with customer Services relations Asia Pacific Who keep saying we cancelled which we did not. The week our full balance was due Oceania posted the notice about all cruises suspended till 30 September. The agent cancelled our booking. It is all disappointing as we have received no service and lost $800.00, no incentive to travel with Oceania when we are able. Still working on some other approaches.

5 hours ago, Frehar said:

Thank you all for your comments which I have read through. Had some contact with customer Services relations Asia Pacific Who keep saying we cancelled which we did not. The week our full balance was due Oceania posted the notice about all cruises suspended till 30 September. The agent cancelled our booking. It is all disappointing as we have received no service and lost $800.00, no incentive to travel with Oceania when we are able. Still working on some other approaches.

From what you said, it seems the TA initiated the cancellation, without waiting for Oceania to do the cancellation.  If that is true, why blame Oceania? Seems to me, again if my interpretation is true, you should fault the TA and find a new one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frehar said:

When was your cruise ?    When was it  cancelled?

Are you saying they  are not giving you a refund  or not giving it to you fast enough??

Confused

27 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

From what you said, it seems the TA initiated the cancellation, without waiting for Oceania to do the cancellation.  If that is true, why blame Oceania? Seems to me, again if my interpretation is true, you should fault the TA and find a new one.

Does anyone else find it interesting that all of these TA-related refund issues seem to happen in countries where folks are required to drive on the wrong side of the road? 🤔

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Does anyone else find it interesting that all of these TA-related refund issues seem to happen in countries where folks are required to drive on the wrong side of the road? 🤔

You mean that they are LEFT to their own devices? 

• Haha 1