Refunds from Oceania

stageberglaw

3 minutes ago, vlthom said:

Yes, you also mentioned Carmine’s.  We wound up at Becco’s and enjoyed it immensely.  You are right about it being tight.  But the food was good and the people at neighboring tables were enjoyable conversationalists.  Thanks again.

When stuff is back to normal, try DeGrezia on E. 50th. Also Frankies Sputino downtown (though we prefer the one on Court Street in Brooklyn.

And, if you get out to SF, we like Perbacco for contemporary Italian and right here at home for Italian American "Sunday Gravy."

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 12:18 AM, Zesty Italian said:

We are still waiting for the $1000 rest of our refund.  O gave us 2 refunds which I've mentioned before that were not the total paid.  We had our TA called them several times now and all we have heard is "they are busy and things take longer."  I completely understand that, but how is it more efficient to send 3 refunds rather than total?  We are willing to be patient if I know it's actually coming.  Feel uneasy that O hasn't told us what the breakdown is and we got the first refund quickly, but now it's been weeks.  Anyone else waited awhile and gotten the elusive third refund?

Some of us in the UK dream of getting any refund from O! 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Why would anyone in the UK ever cruise with Oceania if they treat their British customers so poorly?

Maybe they never wanted a refund before and this is a "new" experience? They just might love the Oceania cruising experience?

If I've been reading the U.K. posts correctly, it appears that some folks' had their CCs charged by the TA (instead of directly by Oceania via the TA).

In cases like this, while Oceania may already have made (or will make) the refund to the TA, the TA has not made a refund to the customer.

So, is the perceived need to "dream" about Oceania or about a possibly unscrupulous TA?

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

11 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

If I've been reading the U.K. posts correctly, it appears that some folks' had their CCs charged by the TA (instead of directly by Oceania via the TA).

In cases like this, while Oceania may already have made (or will make) the refund to the TA, the TA has not made a refund to the customer.

So, is the perceived need to "dream" about Oceania or about a possibly unscrupulous TA?

Just looked and my full amount was taken by Oceania inc does this affect my refund ??

3 hours ago, rubyted said:

different  rules in the UK

Are you not protected with ABTA  to get a refund

Did you pay  your TA with cash/debit??

18 minutes ago, roger b said:

Just looked and my full amount was taken by Oceania inc does this affect my refund ??

I would not think so... it should be refunded to the original form of payment   Your CC

If you paid the TA  then the refund goes to them  as I understand  it...correct??

33 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I am not sure  the CC is charge to the TA  but if  they pay by cash.debit  then  yes  it is to the TA

As I understand it

Some in the UK  have to pay fees to use  a CC for services

That  practice  is illegal in Canada   not sure if the same in the USA

Regional differences 

It is nothing to do with the travel agent. They cannot get the money from O UK operation

It is nothing to do with the trade associations in the UK who step in when a firm goes bump.

We have a contract. O broke it. O are trading. O should reimburse and are not.   

It is particularly galling that we are being told to wait patiently ona cruise due to leave 20 March and there are posters positively purring that they have been reimbursed for cruises which in some cases were not even due to have departed yet.  

Having spoken to TA today, it appears O are not even stumping up the cruise credit certs yet.... If you are in the UK at least 

It all seems somewhat unfair.

Rant over. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rubyted said:

It is nothing to do with the travel agent. They cannot get the money from O UK operation

It is nothing to do with the trade associations in the UK who step in when a firm goes bump.

That is too bad   you are not  getting refunds

Is this  the final verdict  or could they be delayed due to World circumstances  ??

I truly would enjoy reading a complete cogent explanation regarding deposits made by U.K. cruisers.  If one cancels a cruise, no deposit money is required to be refunded ever?  In certain circumstances?  One solely relies on very comprehensive trip insurance?

Thanks in advance for your helpful responses.

1 hour ago, rubyted said:

Well, payments are being made. Just look at the posts above.... Its just that UK customers are second class when it comes to refunds.

I see some in the UK posting they have received refunds  on their CC  & some in the USA that have not

1 hour ago, CintiPam said:

I truly would enjoy reading a complete cogent explanation regarding deposits made by U.K. cruisers.  If one cancels a cruise, no deposit money is required to be refunded ever?  In certain circumstances?  One solely relies on very comprehensive trip insurance?

Thanks in advance for your helpful responses.

I hope  someone  will explain how it works

I have seen comments  in "normal" times that  if UK pax cancel   then no refund of deposits  they must claim on ins

Not sure how it works if the cruise line cancels  but looking at some of the rules in the UK  (ABTA)  they must receive a full refund within 14 days   in normal times

Just to add a spanner to the works  if they pay by Debit/cash  the refund first goes to the TA & they in turn pass it on to the pax

Someone will correct me if I have the wrong end of the stick as it were

8 hours ago, rubyted said:

I did not mean to be insensitive.  It is certainly not ok not to get a refund!  Can imagine your frustrations and hope it is resolved soon.  You have reminded me what I thought last night after hearing the news, it could always be worse.  When I complain here, it is to possibly get an answer, I know it is not as bad as many people.  

On 4/16/2020 at 2:48 PM, Paulchili said:

In the mean time I would dispute that 16K with your CC company.

Let Oceania explain to them what they did with that money - CC has more pull than you do 🙂

On The Points Guy I've seen many people comment that they got 'action' when they called an airline out on Twitter. Just a thought.

12 hours ago, rubyted said:

It is particularly galling that we are being told to wait patiently ona cruise due to leave 20 March and there are posters positively purring that they have been reimbursed for cruises which in some cases were not even due to have departed yet.  

Having spoken to TA today, it appears O are not even stumping up the cruise credit certs yet.... If you are in the UK at least 

It all seems somewhat unfair.

Rant over. 

The question is are U.K customers not getting reinbursed for cruises that have been cancelled by Oceania,  and although  I have been told that I will have to wait 3 months  to receive my money back.

I read tha Norwegian  are seeking to sell part of the company  and have instructed Goldman Sachs to find a buyer, this has been denied  by both companies,  but I have a bad feeling  about getting our money back.

Is it time to get my credit card company to ask for a charge back?

14 minutes ago, roger b said:

Is it time to get my credit card company to ask for a charge back?

Chances are that the CC company won't pay you back pending the outcome from Oceania but it might be a good idea to put in the claim so you don't miss the "deadline" for such claims as the refund - if any - might take longer than you think.

21 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

"Read?" A citation would.be helpful. 

Looked it up myself. Last week, Reuters did report that NCLH is looking to sell a stake in its business via a Private Investment in Public Equity (PIPE).

Hmmm? More itineraries to/from Dubai?