Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You know everything. The people I work with know nothing.

My employer (healthcare) asked us to self disclose if we had been out the country in the last three weeks on March 1, 2020.  I did and now I have to go to employee health for a temperature check until March 23.  I understand the concern and the last thing I want to do is jeopardize their health.  

On 2/28/2020 at 4:12 PM, pamici said:

I think you have vindicated Spirit airlines for me. I always here how cramped and miserable they are.

Keeping in mind I bought the exit row aisle seats. I learned the lesson going to FLL in December. My knees were in the back of the seat in front of me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acheavacci said:

My employer (healthcare) asked us to self disclose if we had been out the country in the last three weeks on March 1, 2020.  I did and now I have to go to employee health for a temperature check until March 23.  I understand the concern and the last thing I want to do is jeopardize their health.  

Now that's a different story. 

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Mine doesn't know I was on a cruise.

I am my boss, so I already know I've been on a cruise.  

Got the laundry to prove it too!!

Edited by E@syPe@zy
fat fingers
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Here's a nice version of the fun times. I scanned in the day that I wasn't able to download. I threw in both the priority and regular water shuttle and debarkation information, the entertainment schedule, and the extra day for the next cruise I was able to download.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wQLOJI6Cf0cdl8Rvtsv_aOWjAGfnkSxh

• Like 2

Wasn’t able to follow you live as I was also on a cruise, but have really enjoyed having such a good read. I continue to be amazed at how much great stuff you are able to work in. Thanks again for sharing, and definitely chuckled over your workplace knowing nothing while we know everything!

Looking forward to your next cruise.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, five. said:

Miss this thread. It was the last time cruising was fun for me.

It's the last time anything was fun. I used to wish I had the time off to go on a longer cruise. Now I have plenty of time off and there are no cruises. I'm on day 16 at home. I have at least 28 more to go. I'm on episode 19 of the Sopranos. 67 more to go. This is my life now...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It's the last time anything was fun. I used to wish I had the time off to go on a longer cruise. Now I have plenty of time off and there are no cruises. I'm on day 16 at home. I have at least 28 more to go. I'm on episode 19 of the Sopranos. 67 more to go. This is my life now...

when was your next cruise supposed to be? @Saint Greg

1 minute ago, blarko said:

when was your next cruise supposed to be? @Saint Greg

This is my big break anyway...so August 29th. Magic from Miami to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Aruba, and Bonaire. Hopefully cruising will be back before then. But also...I don't currently have the vacation time for that cruise so I need to get back to work so I can accrue it. I've said if they start back cruising before my work starts back up I'd get on a ship. But that's looking less likely as they keep pushing cruises back.

Since I’m getting ready to drop my Cabo blog today I put together a better whale video than the ones I posted on the fly during the cruise. All the whaction zoomed in and reduced to one minute.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Since I’m getting ready to drop my Cabo blog today I put together a better whale video than the ones I posted on the fly during the cruise. All the whaction zoomed in and reduced to one minute.

Oh, man! Nice whaction!!

• Like 1

A couple weeks ago there was a rumor circulating that a Canadian on my cruise tested positive for covid-19. 

Now their CDC published a list of cruises with positive covid-19 cases and says the passengers were notified. My cruise is on the list and it seems nobody was notified.

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

A couple weeks ago there was a rumor circulating that a Canadian on my cruise tested positive for covid-19. 

Now their CDC published a list of cruises with positive covid-19 cases and says the passengers were notified. My cruise is on the list and it seems nobody was notified.

Well that’s a bunch of bu!!sh!t. What recourse do you have at this point? I think at least the author of this article should be notified that they are providing false information.

7 minutes ago, blarko said:

Well that’s a bunch of bu!!sh!t. What recourse do you have at this point? I think at least the author of this article should be notified that they are providing false information.

It seems that everyone is fine as far as I know which is good. But it could’ve gone really bad for a lot of people. Just over that next week I was all over the LA hop on hop off buses, a few Ubers, Santa Monica pier, LAX, DFW, work...I went to a family birthday party the next weekend. Glad I wasn’t infected. I could’ve passed it to a lot of people.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I wonder if it was the passenger that held up you getting off the ship. 

On 2/29/2020 at 10:47 AM, Jamman54 said:

Welcome to Platinum. What were you expecting? :classic_smile:

In the old Platinum building (just outside the parking garage) you got coffee, juice, croissant while you waited. Of course, there were only about 35-40 Platinums then. LOL 🙂

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 10:22 AM, Jamman54 said:

No worries! Not that long of a line and once they open the doors it moves quickly.:classic_smile:

Looks like the local Corvette Club was doing a weekender at the Queen Mary ! 🙂

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 11:29 AM, grandmarnnurse said:

Hooray! Another Saint Greg live review! I’m just checking in on your embarkation day! Gotta catch up! 

I just found this review and I'm reliving my cruise on the PANORAMA . . . . love the attention to detail, SG.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow,  it was fun to fo llow your cruise in quarantine (now not you thank goodness), hindsight is always 20/20 and I feel for you- we left for our cruise the day you got on (RCCL Dubai cruise on the Jewel) and while it started ok, by day 3 we were in the same boat as you, having passengers tested and praying it wasn't positive.( I did a  review if anyone is interested, click on my name to find it, we all.have time to read now...).

I wanted to ask you about having any luck with hotwire.  I am still trying to get the money back for the hotel we booked when they cancelled all cruises and then had to cancel the hotel when they shut down the country, so we were forced to leave.  They told me we had to wait for another department to "review it" and it would take 30 days to hear back, not for $ but just to see if we could get money back. Seems fishy to me....

Edited by bearette

Wow, what a crazy series of events, from your typical, awesome Saint Greg Cruise blog, to being held up on the ship for an extra day, to flying home during the craziness, to finding out someone was infected on your ship after all! Thank you for taking us along from start to finish, and I’m so glad you didn’t get sick! Can’t wait for your next one! 

• Like 1

Thank you for posting that great review.  I was on the Panorama on February 1, 2020.  I had a great time and it was fun to read this during my lock down.  (I found it late).  So glad you are well.  Sorry about all your unexpected trip issues.  I really hope you get to take your August cruise.  At this point I am not holding my breath to sail in November on Princess.

Candi

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, candigirl41 said:

Thank you for posting that great review.  I was on the Panorama on February 1, 2020.  I had a great time and it was fun to read this during my lock down.  (I found it late).  So glad you are well.  Sorry about all your unexpected trip issues.  I really hope you get to take your August cruise.  At this point I am not holding my breath to sail in November on Princess.

Candi

Thanks. So far my next cruise is still on. I’m a little torn on whether or not I want it to go on. If it does go I doubt we’re going to Aruba and Bonaire as planned. If it’s not the itinerary I wanted I’d rather just drive to Galveston than fly to Miami. 

I’m prepared to book one in the December timeframe. I’m looking at Vista to eliminate the flying this time. I had some cool new rooms I wanted to try out. I was just waiting for the NFL schedule release on Thursday before booking. But yesterday’s cancellations ate up all of those rooms. So I’ll still be booking but probably staying in the same room I was in on Panorama.