Buying Carnival RCL NCLH stock to get Shareholder Benfit OBC for Australasian crusers..

Carnival CCL  $29 down from year high of $57, Royal Caribbean RCL now $68 down from year high of $134. Down 50% and they are still trying to sell cruises.

What will happen to their stock price when they are no longer allowed to sell cruises?

On 3/6/2020 at 5:10 AM, amatuercruiser said:

What will happen to their stock price when they are no longer allowed to sell cruises?

One thing  Ifeel confident in is that's not happening with the Donald in charge - I think the whole virus thing is a Dem consipracy anyways, isn't it? 

On 3/6/2020 at 5:10 AM, amatuercruiser said:

Carnival CCL  $29 down from year high of $57, Royal Caribbean RCL now $68 down from year high of $134. Down 50% and they are still trying to sell cruises.

closed last week at $27.15 . Let’s see what this week brings.

I have never seen volatility like we are seeing now .

2 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

You could be Virgin Line's Richard Branson and have a Cruise Ship Scarlet Lady that could be very soon, the first TRUE "Virgin"  Cruise ship in that,  it never takes a paying customer.

3 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

It's certainly going down today, with the oil collapse over the weekend, and the US notice against cruises.

10 minutes ago, Phill.Hurst said:

Any particular reason. Holding off buying more until i think they are rock bottom 🙂

The US travel ban on Europe. It'll hit all travel shares hard.

As for the last, can you see any upside now? Until that happens they won't be at rock bottom. People are using put strategies to get around that but it's still 'catching a falling knife' as they say.

2 hours ago, Phill.Hurst said:

Any particular reason. Holding off buying more until i think they are rock bottom 🙂

Unfortunately, at rock bottom, there may be no way back up! 

I truly hope not for the sake of the industry but... you might be buying shares in an insolvent company.

If anyone can survive this, it will be RCCL and Carnival.  Even that will depend on how long this lasts and how nasty their creditors get.

Edited by banzaii

ought my shares in 2009 for 1400 sterling  They went up to 4700 sterling and are now down to 1800 sterling   But I am sure they will recover and anyone who cruises should buy now  A no brainer when I have had my money back in obc twice already   Also every year I have had 4 x about 28-33 sterling in dividends   Buy NOW

29 minutes ago, banzaii said:

If anyone can survive this, it will be RCCL and Carnival.  Even that will depend on how long this lasts and how nasty their creditors get.

I hope RCL and Carnival do not have the same creditors as Pan Am.

35 minutes ago, banzaii said:

If there is no way back up what happens?

Share holders are what kind of creditor? I imagine unsecured. Possibly at PAR value.

In my experience Travel / transport companies lease their planes, ships etc AND RELY on cash-flow to make the business work.

Without cash-flow these business's are just hollow house's of cards with nothing financial to hold them up.

How long can Carnival or RCL survive with negative cash-flow. They RCL just got a new 1 billion loan but how long can that go on for.

Can they survive no cash-flow for 3 months without a cure?

Can they survive no cash-flow for 6 months with a cure?

What will happen to the ships if they are would up. Will Chinese companies buy them all up and get a massive head start in the cruise industry?

8 minutes ago, amatuercruiser said:

If there is no way back up what happens?

Share holders are what kind of creditor? I imagine unsecured. Possibly at PAR value.

In my experience Travel / transport companies lease their planes, ships etc AND RELY on cash-flow to make the business work.

Without cash-flow these business's are just hollow house's of cards with nothing financial to hold them up.

How long can Carnival or RCL survive with negative cash-flow. They RCL just got a new 1 billion loan but how long can that go on for.

Can they survive no cash-flow for 3 months without a cure?

Can they survive no cash-flow for 6 months with a cure?

What will happen to the ships if they are would up. Will Chinese companies buy them all up and get a massive head start in the cruise industry?

check this out from when Renaissance Cruises declared bankruptcy  in 2001

https://europeforvisitors.com/cruises/articles/renaissance-cruises-bankruptcy.htm

• Like 1