Wonder of the seas

Chiliburn, on the above video did you notice there are no tenders. It looks like it will have to go to ports where it can dock only. Also of interest is a presentation that was present Australian cruise association on the Oasis class and it shows that AU and NZ ports could handle an Oasis class vessel. 

27 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Chiliburn, on the above video did you notice there are no tenders. It looks like it will have to go to ports where it can dock only. Also of interest is a presentation that was present Australian cruise association on the Oasis class and it shows that AU and NZ ports could handle an Oasis class vessel. 

It looks like you are right but it’s a bit hard to tell as they have covers.

Tendering would be a nightmare with almost 6,000 passengers.

Theres enough ports that can handle a oasis class .

Brisbane,Sydney,Adelaide,Hobart ,Tauranga ,Picton and Noumea .

If they ever build Lelepa, I think it would be built with Wonder and celebrity Edge in mind.
A safe destination for Americans and Europeans.Plus a cooler destination in a warmer world.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Have you got a link for that presentation? That would be interesting.

12 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

PowerPoint Presentation (australiancruiseassociation.com)

Chiliburn, hopefully this is the link.

I don’t know about some of those ports???

Melbourne ,has bad crosswind and I believe the dock can’t take big ships over voyager or solstice class.

Cairns definitely not.

16FC68A7-0AA6-43EE-842A-75C20808E4C2.thumb.png.94aa6960a8635f64e1f4603212c234f7.png

16 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know about some of those ports???

Melbourne ,has bad crosswind and I believe the dock can’t take big ships over voyager or solstice class.

Cairns definitely not.

16FC68A7-0AA6-43EE-842A-75C20808E4C2.thumb.png.94aa6960a8635f64e1f4603212c234f7.png

I remember when Ovation came down here, they did say that she was unable to go to Melbourne because of the winds, hence on her maiden voyage she went to Hobart. So I would also no to Melbourne. I also thought some ports were questionable.

8 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

I remember when Ovation came down here, they did say that she was unable to go to Melbourne because of the winds, hence on her maiden voyage she went to Hobart. So I would also no to Melbourne. I also thought some ports were questionable.

I was on that first cruise to Hobart.

Maybe wonder doesn’t have it’s own tenders and will use the ports.

They are a lot more efficient and larger but it would be still unpleasant.

I remember once on Ovation in the bay of islands there was a couple of punch ups.The line went from Jamie’s the length of the ship to the theatre and then down to the tender area.

We just give up ,went and watched a movie in 270 and got drunk.

I wouldn’t bother again unless I had a ship tour.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

@gbenjo Look at this Graham.
You can be in windjammers and if the boss turns up  .Run out to the slide and be in the promenade and A security before they know it.
0C5172BE-571D-4AFB-9CE2-1FE9B7525213.jpeg.e35b75f028ffd6bed378977dd3965b7a.jpeg

image.jpeg.c77c6ebcad859a64f7a51e7d8cb15af5.jpeg

Not that it is your business, but if I were to sitting in Windjammers and my boss came along she would more than likely sit down and have something to eat with  me.

4 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Not that it is your business, but if I were to sitting in Windjammers and my boss came along she would more than likely sit down and have something to eat with  me.

Sounds like the kind of boss to have,where do we all sign up?

22 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Anyone notice,  no carousel like the rest of the Oasis class.

I read somewhere the company went bust and couldn’t supply it.

image.thumb.jpeg.aed2dda0cd900e64701a568cddb1ae15.jpeg

It will be there…its all about swings and roundabouts.

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It should be in the boardwalk.

image.jpeg.76b170f28d339cb24654a3521b860de0.jpeg

That looks awful, is that the Royal Easter Show or the Batemans Bay Carnival? It cannot be a cruise ship, surely.  Not a Princess ship anyway.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That looks awful, is that the Royal Easter Show or the Batemans Bay Carnival? It cannot be a cruise ship, surely.  Not a Princess ship anyway.

Uncle Les as you and everyone on this forum knows a cruise is what you make it.

A ship like this, as disgusting as Princess cruisers think .A ship like this cater to the whole family.

All the family ,find there little favourite place and meet through the day.
The bar , jazz music,the merry go round or just people watching and get together at the end of the day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Uncle Les as you and everyone on this forum knows a cruise is what you make it.

A ship like this, as disgusting as Princess cruisers think .A ship like this cater to the whole family.

All the family ,find there little favourite place and meet through the day.
The bar , jazz music,the merry go round or just people watching and get together at the end of the day.

No thanks, I am a traditionalist somewhat. What would the Cunarders say to this monstrosity..I know..'By Jove..what is that dastardly thing, it must be American by jove.'😂

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NSWP said:

No thanks, I am a traditionalist somewhat. What would the Cunarders say to this monstrosity..I know..'By Jove..what is that dastardly thing, it must be American by jove.'😂

‘’That’s what all the Princess cruisers said to Noah about his ark.

7992C918-6878-4F9E-BC01-180DD5B9712E.thumb.png.e549eecd2aac861aaae5c5541622bbf2.png

• Haha 1