Wonder of the seas

38 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

I think it returns on Tuesday,how would you like to be onboard??

I heard the suite bar is stocked up .

There will probably be a short cruise for the shipyard workers and family 

The pub looks nice.

image.thumb.jpeg.ac8a6c80acdb5abb60f31796527f38d8.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

The pub looks nice.

Would love to be onboard, but at present any ship would do!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The pub looks nice.

image.thumb.jpeg.ac8a6c80acdb5abb60f31796527f38d8.jpeg

It does look neat, that is high praise from a Princess cruiser, lol.

23 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It does look neat, that is high praise from a Princess cruiser, lol.

Going on the other oasis class there is some lovely venues.

One that you may say is ridiculous is a ice skating rink.

They have some really good ice shows.

image.thumb.jpeg.708d0c35c13a34beb6ecab01565b13b6.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 7:47 AM, woodscruise said:

Chiliburn, on the above video did you notice there are no tenders. It looks like it will have to go to ports where it can dock only. Also of interest is a presentation that was present Australian cruise association on the Oasis class and it shows that AU and NZ ports could handle an Oasis class vessel. 

I just found this , it’s a bit old but was just posted.

RCG boss said Oasis class will not tender.

5D314E65-BF27-4DC8-B553-0C0277E23FC9.thumb.png.f392ec151b52900a7bf2c62edbaa561c.png

35 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Very strange thing to post. Maybe they learnt their lesson with Quantum class vessels.

It was on wonder FB page.

6000 passengers would be a nightmare.

People get pretty edgy after a night of partying and then going through the tender process.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

6000 passengers would be a nightmare.

People get pretty edgy after a night of partying and then going through the tender process.

If Wonder does come "down under" and does the Pacific Islands, the ports I should image will be Noumea, Port Vila and possible Fiji (Suva and Lakota maybe). Lelepa, when built, I should image will be built to handle a Oasis class vessel. 

@gbenjo

Benjo what do you make of this?

Wonder of the sea?

You sound like a old military man ,are they trying to send a message in code? A distress code?

Maybe @NSWPhas seen something like this on a stakeout?

A distress message,the bar is dry?

1DDA5F97-0F9A-44DA-B674-809606D629AE.thumb.png.a6c926d411ac5d0cc2bea97183127739.png

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

@gbenjo

Wonder of the sea?

You sound like a old military man ,are they trying to send a message in code? A distress code?

1DDA5F97-0F9A-44DA-B674-809606D629AE.thumb.png.a6c926d411ac5d0cc2bea97183127739.png

Educated guess….sea trials……..I see your head is still in the same place.

On 8/23/2021 at 6:09 PM, Chiliburn said:

@gbenjo

Wonder of the sea?

I think the Captain and the entire bridge team need breath testing, lol. Too many Budweisers on the bridge.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2

• 8 months later...

Would not be surprised if Wonder heads downunder soon.  RCI have just comped a large number of Aussie you tubers and influencers on Wonder out of Barcelona and Odyssey cruising Greek Islands.  They wouldn’t spend this money comping trips unless plans afoot.  Just a thought 🤞🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kangakid said:

Would not be surprised if Wonder heads downunder soon.  RCI have just comped a large number of Aussie you tubers and influencers on Wonder out of Barcelona and Odyssey cruising Greek Islands.  They wouldn’t spend this money comping trips unless plans afoot.  Just a thought 🤞🏻

I would say 2024 sometime.

My thoughts are that wonder will leave Florida in April 2024 do a season in the Mediterranean and come to the Pacific.

But it could be earlier  there’s going to be 5 oasis and Icon in the Atlantic and another oasis on the way in 2024.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kangakid said:

Half of those influencers will have moved on by the time that would happen. For this to play a part in new bookings, they will need new itineraries for either of those ships to be announced in the next few weeks.

With all the buzz around the earlier restarts here for P&O and Princess, I wonder if this was as much about taking them away from that loop and getting them generally talking up Royal instead. With 5 months till they arrive here, it could also be as much about bull, er I mean influencing Aussies to take a Royal Med cruise while waiting for their ships to arrive here.

Wonder? I think next to no chance. They love having those big Oasis ships running endless lucrative Bahamas and Caribbean cruises, especially the brand new ones. IMO there's no chance they'll send Wonder, Symphony or Harmony.

If anything, I reckon it's just generally to talk RCI up, and see if they can boost sales and get support for having a ship in AU year-round (even if it's an older and smaller vessel)

Just a thought with Utopia launching next year and our market share 3rd largest and with China not proving the returns anticipated.  Not sure why you tubers and influencers got the guernsey over TA, did any TA’s get the gong to attend does anyone know?
It all may ride on the pax level on the 2 quantum class arriving this year…just food for thought.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kangakid said:

Just a thought with Utopia launching next year and our market share 3rd largest and with China not proving the returns anticipated.  Not sure why you tubers and influencers got the guernsey over TA, did any TA’s get the gong to attend does anyone know?
It all may ride on the pax level on the 2 quantum class arriving this year…just food for thought.

Not that I am aware of. Cruise Critic's socials also have bits about the Wonder cruise, so I don't think it was Oz specific. 

I can't fathom that either. Maybe there is truth that influencer clicks turn into cruise bookings, and the travel agent method of knowing their customer and fitting them to a cruise doesn't compare with the "look at me on the ship, everything is awesome" pitch. Ooh geez, I hope not! 😂

1 hour ago, losfp said:

Wonder? I think next to no chance. They love having those big Oasis ships running endless lucrative Bahamas and Caribbean cruises, especially the brand new ones. IMO there's no chance they'll send Wonder, Symphony or Harmony.

If anything, I reckon it's just generally to talk RCI up, and see if they can boost sales and get support for having a ship in AU year-round (even if it's an older and smaller vessel)

The penny dropped when I read the new captain of Wonder of the seas is Hendrik Loy.

I don’t know if people have followed his career. I have met him a couple of times ,from what I understand he is Royal Caribbean’s chef captain in the pacific.I believe he has been on multiple ships in our region and anyone who has talked to him ,he loves Sydney.

Maybe he has been promoted to the Atlantic but I don’t think so.
 I have been wrong before but I thought I would resurrect this thread.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1