Wonder of the seas

On 9/5/2020 at 7:21 AM, Chiliburn said:

The outdoor movie screen is going to be something special with a high definition screen .. I can see everyone taking their blankets up there now for the late night show.

CE6B32B8-4BDE-41B7-9D1E-045DB7E4EC1B.thumb.png.013ebc3cdca559a15fe10d8ab902a753.png

Do RCI serve the popcorn at their MUTS, like Princess does? 990181979_th(1).jpg.e08a2469358ea4d44fa5f4e66887561a.jpg

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Do RCI serve the popcorn at their MUTS, like Princess does? 990181979_th(1).jpg.e08a2469358ea4d44fa5f4e66887561a.jpg

No that that I know of uncle Les,But they have a pizza place called sorento’s .

We sometimes get all the kids and they strip the doonas of the beds and curl up pool side with a pizza and a few drinks.

I feel sorry for the cabin attendant .

Edited by Chiliburn

36 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

No that that I know of uncle Les,But they have a pizza place called sorento’s .

We sometimes get all the kids and they strip the doonas of the beds and curl up pool side with a pizza and a few drinks.

I feel sorry for the cabin attendant .

Indeed, I can understand the cabin steward being upset, wheres the doooooooooooooooonas ! On Deck 18.

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Are you coming uncle Les?

We can sign you up to Crown & Anchor society if you want.

A8555F58-23F6-4E3B-B58B-C543EF27B027.thumb.png.b76adcb151628b741c9b4f9cc8145a2e.png

Sure mate, instant elevation to C & A, in for the free drink session, so coming over to the dark side.  Could get the GBenjo red carpet for 'spethial people.'  If he gets rostered for Botany Cruise Terminal, rather than OPT.

Edited by NSWP

• 3 weeks later...

Gidday all!

Chiliburn that is very tempting.

Our whanau (family) is awaiting the late 2022 release so that we can sail on Wonder of the Seas.

We were very blessed to have sailed on Ovation of the Seas in her first season in ANZAC waters, she is a lovely ship.

However, 2020 wasn't kind in that our cruise was cancelled the day before we were due to fly to Sydney.  I am still trying to recover accomodation costs...

Have heard a rumour that there are discussions regarding domestic sailings, would be happy to sail on one of those, although the draft conditions regarding Covid cruising look pretty scary.  All we need is for a couple of people to get sick and we wind up confined to quarters, DH not keen.  Level 4 in NZ was difficult enough, lockdown on vacation would be too much.

Resigned for a long wait at the moment, but very grateful as we are in a much better place than some.

TraceyG 🙂 

2 hours ago, dandtgeddes said:

Ovation was a blast,we were on one of the first cruises out of sydney.

Wonder should be finished and handed over next December-January.

With all going on between China and the USA, I sometimes think if it will go to China?

But it was financed by the Chinese .

If things escalate it may spend their season in Singapore and come down here for our season.

Keep you’re fingers crossed.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 10:36 AM, NSWP said:

Sure mate, instant elevation to C & A, in for the free drink session, so coming over to the dark side.  Could get the GBenjo red carpet for 'spethial people.'  If he gets rostered for Botany Cruise Terminal, rather than OPT.

Me thinks by the time Botany Bay is built and the Wonder comes here, I will have “retired”  but good chance I could be there as a passenger although I think it is physically possible to use the OPT So who knows.

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Me thinks by the time Botany Bay is built and the Wonder comes here, I will have “retired”  but good chance I could be there as a passenger although I think it is physically possible to use the OPT So who knows.

Graham,

wonder has a 10 meter overhang from the water line.Would that affect it berthing at circular quay?

I vaguely remember talking to some of the officers at a suite party last year and they were pretty firm that a Oasis class would be to big for OPT.

But I was woofing down the gin martini’s.

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Graham,

wonder has a 10 meter overhang from the water line.Would that affect it berthing at circular quay?

I vaguely remember talking to some of the officers at a suite party last year and they were pretty firm that a Oasis class would be to big for OPT.

But I was woofing down the gin martini’s.

I can remember being told (by someone who should know) when the refurb was being done at the OPT that the wharf was being extended enough to accommodate an Oasis class vessel.The terminal would be another matter.

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...