Final payment date reduced to 60 days...selected sailings

7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Why?

Reacting to concerns from clients who are unsure of finalizing vacation plans 

As we continue to vigilantly monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, it’s important to remain nimble as we respond to understandable travel concerns.
• With Coronavirus (COVID-19) now presenting itself in parts of Europe, guests on early season European departures have now been granted additional time to confirm vacation plans - moving the final payment deadline from 90 days to now 60 days prior to sailing.
• As we continue to evaluate further opportunities for our guests, we appreciate your loyalty and support. The safety and well-being of our guests and crew remains our primary focus.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

News of Vaccines being 30-45 days away from human testing means light on the horizon.

By letting cruisers wait another 30 days prior to making their final payments they can wait longer before making a decision to cancel which would negatively impact RCCL revenue.

22 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

News of Vaccines being 30-45 days away from human testing means light on the horizon.

By letting cruisers wait another 30 days prior to making their final payments they can wait longer before making a decision to cancel which would negatively impact RCCL revenue.

Probably 2021 before we have mass Vac's available...  I miss old days when 60 days or less was Final on all Cruises. Though I'd be happy if they run a $25 or $50 down payment like Celebrity has offered at times last 2yrs. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Probably 2021 before we have mass Vac's available...

True, but once reports of a successful vaccine being available/in human test the media frenzy will die down and move to the next big thing allowing the perceived risks of this to settle back down to reality. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

True, but once reports of a successful vaccine being available/in human test the media frenzy will die down and move to the next big thing allowing the perceived risks of this to settle back down to reality. 

Maybe. This is one that could slow down then easily pop back up months later. Many unknowns and more risks with this one compared other past scares. But, I.m doing same as did post 9/11/Anthrax scare. While many stopped Cruising and going Amusement Parks I hadn't and won't

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has reduced the final payment date to 60 days for European sailings.

Ships:  AL, AN, EX, JW, RH, VI

Sailing between May 29 and June 11

May 31st and June 7th Allure sailings are past final payment. Sigh...

I wonder if this has had any impact on their thinking.

"The United States has updated its travel advice for Iran and Italy, warning people to “avoid nonessential travel" due to the increased spread of coronavirus" 

Edited by Mark_UK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

U.K. final payment has always been 59 days.  

I thought it was 56? From the latest booking conditions on the UK site:

5 days or less 100%

6 to 14 days 90%

15 to 28 days 75%

29 to 56 days 50%

57 days or more Deposit only

7 hours ago, dodgestang said:

If protocols are followed, a year or more out in the USA. 

7 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Hopefully, when weather warms, fewer cases will be reported as is typical type A Flu. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Reacting to concerns from clients who are unsure of finalizing vacation plans 

As we continue to vigilantly monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, it’s important to remain nimble as we respond to understandable travel concerns.
• With Coronavirus (COVID-19) now presenting itself in parts of Europe, guests on early season European departures have now been granted additional time to confirm vacation plans - moving the final payment deadline from 90 days to now 60 days prior to sailing.
• As we continue to evaluate further opportunities for our guests, we appreciate your loyalty and support. The safety and well-being of our guests and crew remains our primary focus.

Booked on Brilliance out of Amsterdam on June 12 and my final pay is due March 14 so I guess I am out of luck.

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not necessarily.  This is only the immediate sailings.  Expect those dates to be extended to include other sailings in the coming weeks. 

Ken, first of all - thanks for updating. You've been quoted on the Celebrity board now too.

How can I find out if it includes Reflection June 5th out of Dublin? Where can I see the "selected sailings"?

Friends on the  above have March 7th as the FP. He has undergone chemmo until recently, but would very much like to cruise.

Thanks,