Final payment date reduced to 60 days...selected sailings

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Ken, first of all - thanks for updating. You've been quoted on the Celebrity board now too.

How can I find out if it includes Reflection June 5th out of Dublin? Where can I see the "selected sailings"?

Friends on the  above have March 7th as the FP. He has undergone chemmo until recently, but would very much like to cruise.

Thanks,

You’re welcome.  I haven’t yet received the notice from Celebrity as to what ships and dates they have modified the final payment for.  Once I do I will post it.  In the meantime you could call and ask, especially if you did not book through a North American office.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not necessarily.  This is only the immediate sailings.  Expect those dates to be extended to include other sailings in the coming weeks. 

Ken,

In your original post you said sailings between May 29 and June 11.  Hope they extend to June 12.  Most of all I hope the virus goes away as it has already caused enough pain and suffering.  We have Eurorail passes paid for to go to Germany after the cruise, thus that too is a concern.  Health comes first for me.

Grace

Edited by Snit13
add

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In the meantime you could call and ask, especially if you did not book through a North American office.  

Thanks, Ken. Appreciate your quick reply.

Yes, I've booked my friends through my NA TA. The problem is calling them from Israel... it's not toll free, and though they have a system for "calling back and keeping your place in line", it does work with NA phones only. After one hour on hold and being told how my "call is very important to us", I gave up...

They still have one week... I'll follow your updates closely, thanks again, 

• Like 1

Just now, Snit13 said:

Ken,

In your original post you said sailings between May 29 and June 11.  Hope they extend to June 12.  Most of all I hope the virus goes away as it has already caused enough pain and suffering.  We have Eurorail passes paid for to go to Germany after the cruise, thus that too is a concern.  Health comes first for me.

I know I said between May 29 and June 11 as that is what the cruise line has so far agreed to do.  They are taking this slowly hoping that positive changes are coming.  They are not going to make that adjustment for cruises that depart 6 months from now. In the next week to two I expect them to extend the dates by another week or two and carry on like that until there is a clear indication one way or the other as to what will eventually become of the med season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has reduced the final payment date to 60 days for European sailings.

Ships:  AL, AN, EX, JW, RH, VI

Sailing between May 29 and June 11

Where did you find this info?  I am on one of these sailings, and my 90 day mark is a few days away.

We’re booked for the Explorer on May 7, in and out of Rome - we’ve already made final payment, but wouldn’t have done so if the policy had been 60 days.   We also booked the Air2Sea air.  Any ideas as to whether it’s worth a call to ask about our situation retroactively?  Thanks! 

16 minutes ago, hun said:

We’re booked for the Explorer on May 7, in and out of Rome - we’ve already made final payment, but wouldn’t have done so if the policy had been 60 days.   We also booked the Air2Sea air.  Any ideas as to whether it’s worth a call to ask about our situation retroactively?  Thanks! 

worth a call.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 hours ago, little britain said:

I believe some European counties are 30 days prior. 

Finland has final payment 42 days before and only half/full deposit (50 €/pp or 100 €/pp) penalty until 14 days before.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Haven’t all the Asian ones in the near future been cancelled entirely?

I'm not sure if all of them have, but I have a cruise at the beginning of June, so if they're giving other cruises a delayed final payment date for cruises that far out, I'd think they'd do the same for the Asia ones. My final payment is in March. It doesn't really matter because I'm planning to go anyway, just thought it was weird that they're making alterations for cruises further away from the problem, but not for the cruises in the heart of it. 

3 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I'm not sure if all of them have, but I have a cruise at the beginning of June, so if they're giving other cruises a delayed final payment date for cruises that far out, I'd think they'd do the same for the Asia ones. My final payment is in March. It doesn't really matter because I'm planning to go anyway, just thought it was weird that they're making alterations for cruises further away from the problem, but not for the cruises in the heart of it. 

What ships are still in Asia?  I thought Royal and Celebrity repositioned their ships after canceling their cruises.

On 2/29/2020 at 12:36 AM, dodgestang said:

True, but once reports of a successful vaccine being available/in human test the media frenzy will die down and move to the next big thing allowing the perceived risks of this to settle back down to reality. 

From your mouth to God's ears.  Both the US and Israel say they are close to a vaccine.  Also, there is some testing being done on anti-virals that have been created for other viruses.  Hope these are successful

1 minute ago, Bobbysjack said:

Yes, we are on the anthem on the 29th too. I made final payment on Friday, and no one at Royal ever mentioned that the final payment had been extended. I had no idea until I read this post just now.

Even though you have made final payment should you decide to cancel prior to March 30 you would still receive a full refund. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Even though you have made final payment should you decide to cancel prior to March 30 you would still receive a full refund. 

Please correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that if I decide I don't want to go, then I end up with FCC plus I lose $100 per person, but if RC cancels, I get a full refund of the method of original payment?  I think a lot of us are thinking the best decision is to wait out RC rather than get a partial refund/FCC.

6 minutes ago, feenix said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that if I decide I don't want to go, then I end up with FCC plus I lose $100 per person, but if RC cancels, I get a full refund of the method of original payment?  I think a lot of us are thinking the best decision is to wait out RC rather than get a partial refund/FCC.

With the final payment date moved you would would, if you booked a non refundable deposit lose $100pp and receive the balance of the deposit as a FCC.  If you had paid any other monies then those would be refunded.

if you booked a refundable deposit then everything would be refunded.

I just got off the phone with RCCL for our upcoming European cruise (Jewel departing June 7th- PIF date this coming Monday), and was told they were not included in the final payment date change. He could find zero information, and seemed clueless that any cruises were being changed. Any ideas how to confirm further?

On 2/29/2020 at 6:57 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

It was sent directly to travel agents.  

Thanks for this info.  Many people cancel right before final payment because of the uncertainty, and this concession takes that pressure off.  It would be nice to find a published text of the new policy and exactly which cruises apply.