Celebrity Summit - newbie questions

tiggy85

Hi all! Despite all the talks about the Covid-19 I’m still pretty excited about our cruise in April and had a few questions as a newbie to Celebrity.

1. In-room refrigerator. Can this be emptied by the stateroom attendant so we can store our own items? 

2. Alcoholic drinks - does anyone recall there being anything like a “bucket of beers” or something similar when out on the pool deck? We do not have a drink package and on other cruise lines I’ve seen deals like this before. 

3. Does anyone have a current drink menu from any of the bars they could share - looking for prices mainly.

4. Entertainment - how is it? Are there a variety of shows? We love comedy and playing bingo - are those typically offered on the Summit?

Thanks in advance all 🙂

5 minutes ago, tiggy85 said:

Hi all! Despite all the talks about the Covid-19 I’m still pretty excited about our cruise in April and had a few questions as a newbie to Celebrity.

1. In-room refrigerator. Can this be emptied by the stateroom attendant so we can store our own items? 

Yes --- Just request your Stateroom Attendant

2. Alcoholic drinks - does anyone recall there being anything like a “bucket of beers” or something similar when out on the pool deck? We do not have a drink package and on other cruise lines I’ve seen deals like this before. 

Yes I have seen Bucket of Beer Offered. 

3. Does anyone have a current drink menu from any of the bars they could share - looking for prices mainly.

Will post in separate message from my IPhone

4. Entertainment - how is it? Are there a variety of shows? We love comedy and playing bingo - are those typically offered on the Summit?

Entertainment is subjective but have a selection of comedy, musical and shows.   Bingo is also offred

Thanks in advance all 🙂

We haven’t been on the Summit in the last two years, but looking forward to many weeks aboard this August, October, and next January. Very fond memories of top-notch staff and crew on previous trips. And...

1. Yes, they will remove and bag the cooler contents. Note, NOT a refrigerator, doesn’t get that cold.

2. Maybe bucket of beers. Sorta remember such offers but we always have packages.

4. Many seem to enjoy the shows. Not to our taste but seem to be good quality.

Enjoy!

Stan

Yes the stateroom attendant will empty the mini bar.

Yes the pool bar has bucket of beers.  No idea of cost as we don’t drink beer.

Try doing a search for sr menus, they are posted often in cruisers blogs.

There is 1 show (2 showings) per night.  Could be group, singer, comedian or production show.  Many nights there is a activity, party, game show or comedian around 10:30.  Music at various venues throughout the evening.

56 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes --- Just request your Stateroom Attendant

Yes I have seen Bucket of Beer Offered. 

Will post in separate message from my IPhone

Entertainment is subjective but have a selection of comedy, musical and shows.   Bingo is also offred

Thank you - the photos are excellent! 

55 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Yes the stateroom attendant will empty the mini bar.

Yes the pool bar has bucket of beers.  No idea of cost as we don’t drink beer.

Try doing a search for sr menus, they are posted often in cruisers blogs.

There is 1 show (2 showings) per night.  Could be group, singer, comedian or production show.  Many nights there is a activity, party, game show or comedian around 10:30.  Music at various venues throughout the evening.

Thank you! Looking forward to checking out Celebrity and what they have to offer!

57 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

We haven’t been on the Summit in the last two years, but looking forward to many weeks aboard this August, October, and next January. Very fond memories of top-notch staff and crew on previous trips. And...

1. Yes, they will remove and bag the cooler contents. Note, NOT a refrigerator, doesn’t get that cold.

2. Maybe bucket of beers. Sorta remember such offers but we always have packages.

4. Many seem to enjoy the shows. Not to our taste but seem to be good quality.

Enjoy!

Stan

Thanks Stan!!! 

On 3/1/2020 at 6:22 PM, tiggy85 said:

Thanks in advance all 🙂

We enjoyed the comedians and the stage shows.  As for Bingo, we only had it 1X.  A very fun activity is the silent disco.  You are given headphones and there are 3 channels of music to choose from to dance to.  It is great watching everyone dancing to their own tune.  Sometimes people who seem to be listening to the same song gravitate to one another.  It is fun to participate or to watch! 

1 hour ago, stjohncruisers said:

Can anyone tell me if Donovan is still on the Summit? We enjoy his enthusiasm in the morning on the back of the ship.

He is so much fun. I hope he is still there in May.