$100 obc perk usable for CruiseNext certs?

fstuff1

$500 FREE MONEY for $150 - such a deal !

It is the best way to buy the CN certificates

Buy 2 $250 certificates @ $500 get $250 NR OBC

At check out you pay $250 on your account

AND then reduce that to $150 applying the $100 NR OBC

Have more OBC NR or refundable use it to reduce the $150 to zero 

8 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

now that most cabins come with at least $100 obc during this promo period, can it be used towards CN certs?

Well, the promo only started yesterday. I doubt that anyone has booked under the promo, embarked on their cruise, and attempted to buy CN with that promo obc to even give a definitive answer to your question.

I don't think you'll get any answers outside of speculation.

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

Well, the promo only started yesterday. I doubt that anyone has booked under the promo, embarked on their cruise, and attempted to buy CN with that promo obc to even give a definitive answer to your question.

I don't think you'll get any answers outside of speculation.

It doesn't really matter.  Both refundable and non refundable OBC have always been allowed to apply towards the purchase of Cruise Next.  The only restriction on non refundable credit that I am aware of is that it can't be applied to the daily service charge.  We have purchased cruise next multiple times with NR OBC.

Edit: here are the actual terms of the offer, so the answer is yes.

Onboard credit has no monetary value and is non-transferable. It may not be used toward on board service charges, pre-purchased activities or foreign exchange transactions.

Edited by KarlChilders
add info

8 minutes ago, KarlChilders said:

It doesn't really matter.  Both refundable and non refundable OBC have always been allowed to apply towards the purchase of Cruise Next.  The only restriction on non refundable credit that I am aware of is that it can't be applied to the daily service charge.  We have purchased cruise next multiple times with NR OBC.

Edit: here are the actual terms of the offer, so the answer is yes.

Onboard credit has no monetary value and is non-transferable. It may not be used toward on board service charges, pre-purchased activities or foreign exchange transactions.

My bad...I did not realize that the OP had asked whether or not refundable and/or non refundable OBC could be used to purchase CN. I thought that the OP had asked if the OP under the current promo that just started yesterday could be used.

The OP should have been more clear with the question.

4 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

My bad...I did not realize that the OP had asked whether or not refundable and/or non refundable OBC could be used to purchase CN. I thought that the OP had asked if the OP under the current promo that just started yesterday could be used.

The OP should have been more clear with the question.

The OP was fine, were you under the impression that this promo had some kind of "special OBC" that was different than other non refundable credit issued by NCL.  The terms I listed were from this specific promo.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, KarlChilders said:

The OP was fine, were you under the impression that this promo had some kind of "special OBC" that was different than other non refundable credit issued by NCL.  The terms I listed were from this specific promo.

No...I assumed no such thing. I didn't even offer my speculation as to the answer. I ONLY commented on the fact that nobody has had the time to try what the OP is asking. If anybody inferred that this promo's OBC was somehow different, it was the OP so perhaps you should direct your comments to the OP directly...it is their question on the table afterall.

I have a cruise booked with NCL in May and again next May.  Would l be able to use some NR OBC that I just got to buy a CN certificate and apply it to the already booked cruise in 2021?

5 minutes ago, mdsgu said:

I have a cruise booked with NCL in May and again next May.  Would l be able to use some NR OBC that I just got to buy a CN certificate and apply it to the already booked cruise in 2021?

Although technically the terms of the cruise next say they are to be used for new bookings, in reality people have been successful in applying them to cruises before final payment.