Well Our Bags Are Packed...

hllwdcruiser

I'm hoping that enough of the cruising public in a panic cancel and open up some cabins for upgrades.

Seriously though, our bags are packed for an extended land vacation followed by a cruise.  The only thing that will stop us in a knee jerk reaction by a government agency or a travel company.

How many people are infected by the seasonal flu every year?  How many people die from the seasonal flu every year?  Where is the panic there?

Keep Calm and Cruise On!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

I'm hoping that enough of the cruising public in a panic cancel and open up some cabins for upgrades.

Seriously though, our bags are packed for an extended land vacation followed by a cruise.  The only thing that will stop us in a knee jerk reaction by a government agency or a travel company.

How many people are infected by the seasonal flu every year?  How many people die from the seasonal flu every year?  Where is the panic there?

Keep Calm and Cruise On!

I'm with you on this. Still believe that the drive to the airport will be the most dangerous part of our trip.

• Like 2

Enjoy your cruise.

I just finished unpacking my suitcase for our trip schedules to go next week & don't regret it for a minute.

They certainly be other trips as soon as this immediate threat is over with. 

Thanks everyone for all the good wishes.

So things were a little different than last year when we boarded the Regal where we just showed our passports, scanned our medallions and walked straight on board.

After security, we did have the expected health questionnaire, we had to fill out a separate one for both of us. We then waited in a slow moving line and had our temperature checked before being sent over to the check in. Once checked in we were ushered into a small waiting room. I don't believe they had any priority boarding - they sure didn't for Platinum and I noticed a few Elites sitting nearby. We waited for perhaps ½ an hour before they started boarding. 

The usual rude people were disregarding the repeated instructions to take a seat and were lining up by the embarkation door. Too bad for them because the Port attendant called most of the people who were seated, by rows, first. Once our row was called we walked through the doors and our temperatures were taken again. Some who were sitting with us mentioned that their temps were not taken at check in. 

And then...we were on!!

The ship is absolutely stunning and our cabin, S202 has a very nice surprise. The balcony is larger than the norm - we can actually stretch out our legs while facing forward with room to spare! I'll try to take a photo - just no judgements please on my  poor photography skills!

We've already called Dineline and are on the list for the Winemaker's Dinner., had a snack at the IC and met Ryan from Good Spirits at Sea who promised to make Steve the best Dirty Martini he's ever had.

Ok we are going out to explore - more later.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, muffydawg said:

Won't get flamed from me. We sail her soon and it's full steam ahead unless Princess cancels the voyage. IMHO we have a self afflicted hysterical media.

As well hysterical CC members as a result of the hysterical media.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

The ship is absolutely stunning and our cabin, S202 has a very nice surprise. The balcony is larger than the norm - we can actually stretch out our legs while facing forward with room to spare! I'll try to take a photo - just no judgements please on my  poor photography skills!

We are on the Sky deck in a few weeks - a little further aft than your room. I would love to see photos of your balcony!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Thanks everyone for all the good wishes.

So things were a little different than last year when we boarded the Regal where we just showed our passports, scanned our medallions and walked straight on board.

After security, we did have the expected health questionnaire, we had to fill out a separate one for both of us. We then waited in a slow moving line and had our temperature checked before being sent over to the check in. Once checked in we were ushered into a small waiting room. I don't believe they had any priority boarding - they sure didn't for Platinum and I noticed a few Elites sitting nearby. We waited for perhaps ½ an hour before they started boarding. 

The usual rude people were disregarding the repeated instructions to take a seat and were lining up by the embarkation door. Too bad for them because the Port attendant called most of the people who were seated, by rows, first. Once our row was called we walked through the doors and our temperatures were taken again. Some who were sitting with us mentioned that their temps were not taken at check in. 

And then...we were on!!

We've already called Dineline and are on the list for the Winemaker's Dinner., had a snack at the IC and met Ryan from Good Spirits at Sea who promised to make Steve the best Dirty Martini he's ever had.

Ok we are going out to explore - more later.

Ryan is great!  If you like watermelon, you have to try the cocktail with watermelon and tequila.  It was my favorite and Ryan made plenty of them for me. 

Enjoy!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

say hello to Junella ( Good Spirits and Bellin's ) and Julius ( Vines ) they are the best

from the couple that gave out little bags of candies to them on the Sky Inaugural V.2.0 on 12/4/19

We'll look out for Junella and say hello for you. We don't normally frequent vines

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Peter, Paul & Mary pun or was that just a coincidence?

No coincidence for all my fellow baby boomers. 

I was going to continue with the following:

'cause Im leaving on a cruise ship

dont know when I'll return from this trip

But thought better of it as it seemed a little bit in bad taste. 😉

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Ryan is great!  If you like watermelon, you have to try the cocktail with watermelon and tequila.  It was my favorite and Ryan made plenty of them for me. 

Enjoy!!

thanks for the recommendation - I'll be sure to try it. That sounds more like my speed - not a big fan of dirty martinis. 

39 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

thanks for the recommendation - I'll be sure to try it. That sounds more like my speed - not a big fan of dirty martinis. 

watching the SKY leave now on the port webcam … wish we were on, too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hllwdcruiser said:

No coincidence for all my fellow baby boomers. 

I was going to continue with the following:

'cause Im leaving on a cruise ship

dont know when I'll return from this trip

But thought better of it as it seemed a little bit in bad taste. 😉

More John Denver in my head

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lazybeachbum79 said:

I’m curious to see what the crowds on the ship will be like. I wonder how many people canceled...we are all packed and ready to get on the Regal tomorrow 🙂 

Just came back from sail away. It definitely doesn't seem as crowded as last year on the Regal. It's very chilly and windy so that could be the reason but I noticed the buffet seemed less crowded as well. I'll keep everyone posted as the week progresses. 

The ship is really rockin and rollin. They had a small craft advisory this morning on the local news so I'm not surprised. Being high and forward as we are we are really feeling it. Fortunately neither of us gets seasick!

13 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

You are so right. John Denver

Per the Wiki - both kinda right

to search

"Leaving on a Jet Plane"
Leaving on a Jet Plane Peter Paul and Mary.jpg
Single by Peter, Paul and Mary
from the album Album 1700
B-side "The House Song"
Released October 1969
Format 7"
Genre Folk
Length 3:27
Label Warner Bros.- Seven Arts 7340
Songwriter(s) John Denver
Producer(s) Milt Okun
Peter, Paul and Mary singles chronology
"Day Is Done"
(1969)
"Leaving on a Jet Plane"
(1969)
"The Marvelous Toy"
(1969)

"Leaving on a Jet Plane" is a song written by John Denver[1] in 1966 and most famously recorded by Peter, Paul and Mary. The original title of the song was "Babe, I Hate to Go", as featured on his 1966 studio album John Denver Sings, but Denver's then producer Milt Okun convinced him to change the title. Peter, Paul and Mary recorded the song for their 1967 studio album, Album 1700, and Warner Bros.- Seven Arts released it as a single in 1969.[2]

• Like 1