NCLH Stock Price

Hrhbob

ncl cancel pride of america for hawaii.

i dont understand this.

pride of america ONLY sails around hawaii.

coronavirus reported in hawaii?

anyway, 30% stock price boost from this morning is crumbling.

now only up 6.5%

Edited by fstuff1

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

ncl cancel pride of america for hawaii.

i dont understand this.

pride of america ONLY sails around hawaii.

coronavirus reported in hawaii?

anyway, 30% stock price boost from this morning is crumbling.

now only up 6.5%

State of Hawaii is in the currently looking into the process of having their ports closed to cruise ships. It would be difficult to get there and then not be able to disembark anywhere.

All this bad news is probably priced into the stock at this point, after-all it is already down 80%. I loaded up on both NCLH and CCL on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm a big fan of NCL's product and prior to this temporary setback they had no problems filling ships at top dollar. People either love or hate to cruise, and I'm betting that those that love to cruise will be back after this passes. If NCL needs more cash to get through this rough patch I'm confident they'll be able to find it, considering money is cheap and easy to come by right now (this isn't 2008). Good news at the White House Press Conference earlier when Trump said that he'll help the cruise line industry if they ask.

Now that Frank Del Rio guy, well I wouldn't be upset if the board replaced him. 😄

Edited by cksv

47 minutes ago, kollegekreed said:

Do people truly think there’s a chance of bankruotcy here? Seems like these companies are too big to fail...it’s not like JC Penney where there were more employees in the store than customers...

I don’t think any of the lines will go into bankruptcy.  Today the government all but said they will help if needed.  And let’s face it, the political calendar will help.  These cruises are very important to Florida and Florida is very important in an election year.  

2 hours ago, kollegekreed said:

Do people truly think there’s a chance of bankruotcy here? Seems like these companies are too big to fail...it’s not like JC Penney where there were more employees in the store than customers...

If 2007 taught us anything, it taught us nobody is too big to fail.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

stock trading on NCL and RCCL was halted before the announcement was made.  Trading resumes monday.  Carnival made their announcement afterhours.
You can expect to see the price of stock drop on monday.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MaryZ said:

stock trading on NCL and RCCL was halted before the announcement was made.  Trading resumes monday.  Carnival made their announcement afterhours.

NCL was up 15% today and an additional 7% in after-hours trading after Trump spoke. Looking good for Monday, assuming the market doesn't sell off which is a very real possibility and will be probably be determined by the news this weekend.

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 6.38.04 PM.png

3 hours ago, MaryZ said:

agree NCL would mostly fall next week..I have a feeling too the Trump announcement euphoria will die down and reality would hit next week.. 

13 hours ago, MaryZ said:

13 hours ago, cksv said:

NCL was up 15% today and an additional 7% in after-hours trading after Trump spoke. Looking good for Monday, assuming the market doesn't sell off which is a very real possibility and will be probably be determined by the news this weekend.

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 6.38.04 PM.png

apparently ncl didnt stop trading after they announced.

they were only up +10% when they announced. they ended up +15%.

(after hours market is a different animal)

and lets see what news this weekend on the details on how the govt is going to support the cruise lines during the 30day shutdown.

On 3/10/2020 at 4:53 PM, ColeThornton said:

That's one heck of a bargain price.

Its not a bargain unless it stays at that level.

Now with the cruise cancellations and the UK travel Ban I think Chapter11 is inevitable for NCL - sad. The prepack may not work either 

On 3/9/2020 at 10:08 PM, LMaxwell said:

NCL becomes first major cruise line to shore up liquidity by taking out $675M of loans today.  Not a good indicator.  

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/nclh-secures-additional-675m-liquidity-amid-coronavirus-uncertainty

FDR might take a pay cut if they survive this. 

I wonder if  NCL is about to shelve the Leonardo project!

19 hours ago, kollegekreed said:

In order to fail, a company that loaned NCL money would have to call the loan in for default, mainly for a problem that is short-termed.  Now, if you cause them to default and file for BK, what assets do you have to sell off....oh yeah, the ships.  Whose can make the most money off of a cruise ship; the company that already owns and maintains it, or somebody who just up and decides to buy a cruise ship?  I get where you are going, but other than ship builds and refits, where are any of these companies bleeding money, especially now when they are sitting (relatively speaking, of course).  This isn't like the banks, where they got caught playing with other people's money; they will get the loan extensions they need with interest rates as low as they are, and just ride it out....and they would be totally idiotic to take a government handout and let Washington tell them how to run their business

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mightyjoey1 said:

Not cancel it....just readjust the roll-out schedule, due to unforeseen circumstances 🙂

I think it will be puled for smaller vessels and I can see the industry  going back to the days to the Jewel class ships....Costs are more mangeable in troubled times,

There is no way NCLH will be able to borrow the funds to build six ships in six years. The only way they can consider this is to sell the older ships but still are too highly geared. The issue is that they have lost the loyalty cruisers like us and some of the best crew so thy havea long way to go and will need to discount and this si something FDR will not tolerate.

2 minutes ago, bmwman said:

I think it will be puled for smaller vessels and I can see the industry  going back to the days to the Jewel class ships....Costs are more mangeable in troubled times,

Personally I prefer their Jewel class ships to anything else they have in their fleet; they seem so focused on piling on add-ons they can charge for, they are totally missing the concept of just having a decent lido deck with a decent sized atrium.  Given the current long-term planning seemingly employed by FDR, they will sell all the Jewel-class ships to build a ones that have no pool but offer 1000 Vibe passes and an Indy-car track 😛

6 minutes ago, Mightyjoey1 said:

Personally I prefer their Jewel class ships to anything else they have in their fleet; they seem so focused on piling on add-ons they can charge for, they are totally missing the concept of just having a decent lido deck with a decent sized atrium.  Given the current long-term planning seemingly employed by FDR, they will sell all the Jewel-class ships to build a ones that have no pool but offer 1000 Vibe passes and an Indy-car track 😛

Agreed we love the Gem!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Newleno said:

zero percent, cruislines are struggling just to "stay a float"

Agreed - I say this with a heavy heart but I feel chapter 11 is heading NCL way!!!! The greed of that few years will come home to roost and the growth plans finished ---say goodbye to the Leonardo class - I would suggest

BANKRUPTCY?  STOCK AND FUTURE CRUISE CREDITS?

I'd love to buy some NCL stock cheap but the possibility of bankruptcy is a concern.  Then stock will be worth nothing and I assume future cruise credits will be worth nothing.  Bermuda law allows for restructuring debt like Ch. 11 in the USA.  Not sure how that would future cruise credits.  I have $1000 of future cruise credits (paid $500) that would become worthless?  I'm sure others have more.  I was allowed to use two toward our next cruise, the other two applied to a cruise that is almost 2 years in the future.

On 3/14/2020 at 3:49 PM, Isabella Benjamin said:

Any chance NCL took out that massive loan to buy back its own stock? 

Just a thought.  

They already did. That was the reason the entire stock market soared. Corp leaders are compensated for higher stock price, buybacks raise the price at the cost of debt. Party is over, no more easy money. Time to pay the piper.