NCLH Stock Price

Hrhbob

Airlines and Cruise Lines closer to BK everyday,  Apparently some think this will be a quick turn around which is actually secondary right now, these companies do not have a lot of cash on hand their executives decided to do it this way, no rainy day funds, Their Philosophy was short term share price - it works until the music stops.  Think about it outside of fanatic cruisers (C'est Moi, 50 days of cruising since October) Who would want to go on a known incubator of death?  Even if the government gave them loans the debt would be so huge it is better just to declare Chapter 11 in order to get rid of the burden and start over,  United airlines was in BK for 3 years I think, they still kept flying, we aint talking chapter 7.  If you buy, buy the S&P 500 it will come back.  You guys think people will cruise with this virus still out there, you think a port will take them, you think the USA will let them cruise if the virus is out there,  Ask yourself how long do you think the virus will be out there?

20 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Not related, quoted by accident.

3 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Class action issued against NCLH:

This happens to any stock that drops suddenly.  Shoot, it happened to my company last year.  These almost every time end in no case.  To have a case they have to prove that NCLH had a hand in (and on purpose) the stock tanking....  Good luck with that.

Edited by oteixeira
  • Like 2

I started watching the stock prices early last week.  I know it's a gamble, but this seems like a great opportunity to get shares at a major discount (and not just for NCL, but also CCL and RCCL).   I fully expect the big three will recover.  From what I've read, they all have access to enjoy liquidity to "stay afloat" for upwards of a year even without the ships running.  I don't think it will be that long before things even out.   Admittedly, 2020 is going to be a ROUGH year for the cruise industry, but I think they will weather it just as they did the drops after 9/11 and in 2008/2009 due to the Great Recession.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

This happens to any stock that drops suddenly.  Shoot, it happened to my company last year.  These almost every time end in no case.  To have a case they have to prove that NCLH had a hand in (and on purpose) the stock tanking....  Good luck with that.

Exactly, how do they quantify damages when all cruise lines are tanking.  NCLH is tracking the cruise industry.  Here's a chart for the last five days.  NCL is the the blue line, Royal is the red line and Carnival is the green line. 

image.thumb.png.d65b0ed0cd318fe1db443c2e771cf053.png

• Like 2

I went ahead with 100 shares.  The way I see it, an extra $720 is not much in comparison to my future cruise credits ncl is holding for me.  I want them to make it.  Coronavirus on a ship is just more identifiable but It’s going to be everywhere and as soon as we get over this initial hump of flooding the hospitals, the curve will flatten and we will get back to a little more normalcy, including ability to take vacations, travel and go on cruises.  Businesses that can hang on will be ok.  It might take a while but we’re going to be ok. 

• Like 1

Bought two blocks of 100 shares each in 2 different accounts, IRA and brokerage. One to hold long term and the other to..... keep at least for the OBC in the next 18 months if our cruises in Oct 20 and April 21 actually take place.

Taking a flyer in the low $7 range is a small risk.

4 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

There's no guarantee that the OBC for stock will continue, at the same level or at all, even if the cruise line does. Just remember that.

Very true, and CCL and RCL cutting their dividend and NCL pausing OBC may be part of what they need to do in order to get through this rough patch. However (assuming they don't go bankrupt) one can probably easily make a 400% return by holding for a couple years. 100 shares at $8/share = $800 cost basis. A theoretical 400% return would net you $3,200 in profits and that's a whole lot of OBC!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

There's no guarantee that the OBC for stock will continue, at the same level or at all, even if the cruise line does. Just remember that.

Fully aware that there are no guarantees... on this, or anything for that matter. The price was low enough that it was worth the risk based on the long term upside. I would be surprised if they removed it as a benefit as they are going to be wanting as many people to book cruises as possible when this is finally over.

10 minutes ago, cksv said:

Very true, and CCL and RCL cutting their dividend and NCL pausing OBC may be part of what they need to do in order to get through this rough patch. However (assuming they don't go bankrupt) one can probably easily make a 400% return by holding for a couple years. 100 shares at $8/share = $800 cost basis. A theoretical 400% return would net you $3,200 in profits and that's a whole lot of OBC!

Yeah, if NCL can keep afloat through this, the long-term gain buying at this price would be better than a bunch of cruises worth of OBC. I've bought some NCL but not the 100 shares needed for OBC, it's just part of diversified stock purchasing.

13 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

Yeah, if NCL can keep afloat through this, the long-term gain buying at this price would be better than a bunch of cruises worth of OBC. I've bought some NCL but not the 100 shares needed for OBC, it's just part of diversified stock purchasing.

Where can I read about this this works? you buy ncl shares and you get obc equal to what you bought?

1 minute ago, AdoraBelle said:

Bought bargain basement shares in all three major lines today. I'm considering it gambling, as I bet at least one of them will have to go the bankruptcy or at least rebranding route. (I can see Princess having to rebrand.)

Did the same this morning.

14 minutes ago, Comi.uy said:

Where can I read about this this works? you buy ncl shares and you get obc equal to what you bought?

Not quite.

Go to NCL.com, scroll down to the bottom of the main page and click on " For investors".   All the info is there.

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Comi.uy said:

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 15 Days or More.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 7 to 14 Days.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 Days or Less.

* This exclusive benefit is reserved solely for shareholders owning a minimum of 100 shares of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. at time of sailing.

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/static-files/91699aad-cb30-4ff6-8e40-4dc290cb03b5

Edited by cksv
  • Like 2

What about Ford, F, its at $4 1/2 today, you can only lose $4 1/2 per share, v.s. $7.77 a share today for NCL.

I wouldn't buy either one today. 

Yes, the markets will eventual move back up, and understand it may take 5-10 years to do so, as well as never get back up to the price where you purchased these at.

Patience, its not time to buy yet, folks get sucked into buying on downturns, we just started down, we have a long ways to go, before the market bottoms, and longer til they start heading back up. Years. 

49 minutes ago, Da-Painter said:

What about Ford, F, its at $4 1/2 today, you can only lose $4 1/2 per share, v.s. $7.77 a share today for NCL.

I wouldn't buy either one today. 

Yes, the markets will eventual move back up, and understand it may take 5-10 years to do so, as well as never get back up to the price where you purchased these at.

Patience, its not time to buy yet, folks get sucked into buying on downturns, we just started down, we have a long ways to go, before the market bottoms, and longer til they start heading back up. Years. 

yeah, the finances of Ford today is nothing like the Ford of 2008 during the Great Recession.

back then Ford turned down a bailout. it's stock went from $1 to $15 in a couple of years.

today, i can see Ford go bankrupt and restructure, wiping out  shareholders.