Princess suspends cruise ship operations for 60 days

ipeeinthepool

If Celebrity does I sure hope they do it before tonight! I am currently in Aruba and flying to FLL tomorrow to board on Saturday. If they do the same I will stay here and have my family join me here.....but they need to do it today!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

I called this morning early, and at that time, they have no plans on cancelling any cruise.   That was before the Princess announcement.  

A call center rep obviously isn’t going to leak info like that before an official statement is made. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Princess just made this announcement, can Celebrity be next?

I sure hope Celebrity follows suit especially in light of ban on European air travel.

i am scheduled to embark this month.  Here is my HO:

It is time for Celebrity to offer full cash refunds to those embarking in the next 30 days. The NEW TRAVEL ban makes it impossible for European travelers to make connections.  So many cruisers come from the U.K., Germany and other European countries.  

Do the right thing, Celebrity, refund the money to all cruisers!  Holding our money until the Corona Virus threat is over, forcing us to hastily  book future cruises at a higher price even higher if you choose non-refundable deposits is unfair and not in keeping with the Celebrity brand.  I feel like my hard earned money has been taken hostage by Celebrity and the other cruises I have booked on other cruise lines,
Do the right thing, Celebrity, refund our hard-earned money!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, robertdeese said:

wonder how that effects trip insurance.

also need the distinction between cruise insurance vs 3rd party. something tells me i wouldnt get my money back from tripinsurancestore because its been 2 months since bought it. 

21 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

I sure hope Celebrity follows suit especially in light of ban on European air travel.

i am scheduled to embark this month.  Here is my HO:

It is time for Celebrity to offer full cash refunds to those embarking in the next 30 days. The NEW TRAVEL ban makes it impossible for European travelers to make connections.  So many cruisers come from the U.K., Germany and other European countries.  

Do the right thing, Celebrity, refund the money to all cruisers!  Holding our money until the Corona Virus threat is over, forcing us to hastily  book future cruises at a higher price even higher if you choose non-refundable deposits is unfair and not in keeping with the Celebrity brand.  I feel like my hard earned money has been taken hostage by Celebrity and the other cruises I have booked on other cruise lines,
Do the right thing, Celebrity, refund our hard-earned money!

Just to comment that UK flights are excluded from the ban

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Argo. said:

We are on Silhouette in Aruba today.  We just asked our travel agent to cancel our next two sailings.  We’re looking forward to driving home rather than staying on board.

33AA01F2-264E-41D8-8556-7C5613713B8E.jpeg

How has the trip gone?  We are getting on when you get off, hopefully.   Anything you could tell us would be great.   tyty

From the notice, and quite impressive: "In addition, Princess will honor this offer for those guests who had made final payment and cancelled their booking on or after February 4, 2020."

• Like 1

I don't know which offer I would pick.

If you were to book with a travel agent the TA doesn't keep the voucher does she?

I'm concerned that if this continues some travel agencies will go out of business.

I'm not that concerned about the cruise lines...….(yet).

37 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

also need the distinction between cruise insurance vs 3rd party. something tells me i wouldnt get my money back from tripinsurancestore because its been 2 months since bought it. 

My guess is the terminology Suspended vs. Cancelled.  Bot sure you can double dip, meaning the insurance might only kick in if the cruise line does not reimburse. 

6 minutes ago, mafig said:

I don't know which offer I would pick.

If you were to book with a travel agent the TA doesn't keep the voucher does she?

I'm concerned that if this continues some travel agencies will go out of business.

I'm not that concerned about the cruise lines...….(yet).

I would take the refund and the future credit, without a doubt.  I have a cruise on the Edge leaving on the 29th of March, as of this date, I am still booked and going.  IF they have to cancel for 30 days or so, I hope for something similar to this offer.  

• Like 1