Looking on the bright side

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

Smiling...some good things that may come out of all this:

* Food will be served in the Windjammer.  No self service.

* Sinks will be available outside the entrance of all dining venues. (Like on the Ovation.)

* Elevator would have an "elevator person" pushing buttons...are you old enough to remember when they had this?

* Hand wipes near the stairs.

* "Virtual" muster drill.

* More distance between seats/tables in the dining room, and theater, and schooner bar, and windjammer, and yes, the diamond and concierge lounges........hahaha, wishful thinking on my part..."ain't gonna happen".

If this happens then great but,there have always been very contagious viruses since beginning of time. Norovirus can wipe out a ship. Social distancing isnt here to stay forever. Out of sight out of mind. Tragedies  pass and memories forgotten. Thats how it always has gone. Common sense is whats needed to avoid illness. How bout exercise and nutrition to protect yourself? Nope,now its poor diet and obesity and people expect to stay healthy. Nutrition (fuel) wards off disease. Its your #1 defense. Look after yourself first and health will follow. I work in healthcare treating patients directly and havent had even a cold in 2 years. Diet/exercise.

So as this thread says looking on the bright side............

THE STOCK MARKET IS HAPPIER TODAY.  SHHHHHH to Pres and the Fed Reserve as well.

Meanwhile make some popcorn and read a good book.  Too bad my golf is cancelled buy heck lots of competition shows on Food channel.

On 3/13/2020 at 3:55 AM, Merion_Mom said:

On the bright side, there are no threads on the front page about formal nights, formalwear, tipping or chair hogs.  😁

I was just about to post about the time on our last cruise when I tripped over a towel half draped on a lounge chair and fell in the all too small pool, in my tuxedo on my way to formal night.  I didn't notice it because I was arguing with my over served and under dressed wife about the size of tip to leave our cabin attendant.  Naturally this all occurred on our cruise out of San Juan and none of the locals jumped in to help me because they were too busy singing some song in Spanish.

I guess I can't tell that story 🙂

• Haha 1

Bright side...We weren’t planning on seeing our DS, who is a first year in college studying in London, until the end of the school year in July. With everything happening over there...and his living situation not being conducive to self isolation being a dorm room with no way of keeping and/or preparing food (no appliances allowed)...and the travel ban being announced...we decided to fly him home this past Sunday. Two weeks before the end of the second term which has a three week break before the third term starts. He still has assignments and projects but most exams etc have been indefinitely postponed. So he’s home for around 5 weeks...depending on how things play out. Happy birthday to me...my only son is home. We are self isolating...and so far...we’re all healthy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

If this happens then great but,there have always been very contagious viruses since beginning of time. Norovirus can wipe out a ship. Social distancing isnt here to stay forever. Out of sight out of mind. Tragedies  pass and memories forgotten. Thats how it always has gone. Common sense is whats needed to avoid illness. How bout exercise and nutrition to protect yourself? Nope,now its poor diet and obesity and people expect to stay healthy. Nutrition (fuel) wards off disease. Its your #1 defense. Look after yourself first and health will follow. I work in healthcare treating patients directly and havent had even a cold in 2 years. Diet/exercise.

I wasn't aware that Norovirus and Covid-19 were selective about host's dietary standards. Being healthy (and young) may aid in the impact of the most virulent viruses, but it is not going to ward off the contagion. Stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

On 3/17/2020 at 1:52 PM, bonsai3s said:

Smiling...some good things that may come out of all this:

* Food will be served in the Windjammer.  No self service.

* Sinks will be available outside the entrance of all dining venues. (Like on the Ovation.)

* Elevator would have an "elevator person" pushing buttons...are you old enough to remember when they had this?

* Hand wipes near the stairs.

* "Virtual" muster drill.

* More distance between seats/tables in the dining room, and theater, and schooner bar, and windjammer, and yes, the diamond and concierge lounges........hahaha, wishful thinking on my part..."ain't gonna happen".

Don't see an elevator operator happening  but I do see the possibility of a voice activated system.  Then it really isn't going to be possible to eliminate all surfaces that can be touched so the elevators will probably remain the same.

On 3/12/2020 at 3:04 PM, UGACamper said:

If our cruise is cancelled, we have decided to continue with our vacation and travel to The Keys in our RV instead.  Bright Side!

We were thinking the same thing, but only for a week or two. Hubby was stationed down there for 3 years and it was our favorite place to live. We sold our RV when we moved back to Florida and got a boat, but we always stay on the base anyway. When we first moved down there we missed the base and ended up on Duval in the motorhome.  :classic_ohmy:

On 3/12/2020 at 3:28 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

My family used to own a home in LBI, NJ - very nice island    I have plenty of fond memories growing up and spending the summers and various holidays at the shore house.    I was very sad when they sold the home when my Brother and I were teenagers and starting college and my Father was tired of repairing storm damage, flooding, etc.   

While instead of going on our 2 cruises this Spring I have booked a house rental for 2 weeks one street over from my old house.    Bright Side!

Mike lived in Love Ladies on the water for part of his high school years and his parents still had the house after he went to college. Great place.

57 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Sign of hope.

That is beautiful to see.   I never heard of dolphins in Venice canals.     Maybe the planet needed this reset button while we are all on time-out.     

I love this "on the Bright Side"   keep up the positivity everyone!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Mike lived in Love Ladies on the water for part of his high school years and his parents still had the house after he went to college. Great place.

I "grew up" in Spray Beach oceanside (next to Beach Haven).   Although my DH says I never grew up.    Loveladies is beautiful too.   A lot has changed on the island over the years but a lot is still the same.     I visit several times a year and am really looking forward to our 2 weeks in June.       Stay Well!

On 3/12/2020 at 3:04 PM, UGACamper said:

If our cruise is cancelled, we have decided to continue with our vacation and travel to The Keys in our RV instead.  Bright Side!

I was thinking of taking my granddaughter to Key Largo but the hotel rates are really high as it is Easter week.🙄

It's not coming together for us.

There is always spring break next year!!!!!!

Edited by Judyrem