MSC Miami Cruises Cancelled Next 60 Days

dexddd

Moving to Florida next Monday, so a couple of crazy weeks ahead.

Having 4 ports to sail from was a big factor in the relocation 🛳

Its all logistics which can be rescheduled, tweaked and adjusted to make good out of the current situation.

I just like to be informed and believe in companies keeping their loyal and repeaters in the know by communicating directly.

Happy Days! Happy Sailing!
Have a Great weekend.

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

MSC have not even emailed us to inform us our April 11th sailing is cancelled.

Only CC provided that news for us.

The small % of us who follow CC get an abundance of information,  which we are very grateful for 👍🏻

We are ok with the cancellation, life goes on and we can cruise another time, but let your customers know, before they have to find out from other sources.

We were scheduled for 3/21 out of Miami and I have not received any communication from MSC. They had no problems emailing me upgrade offers, but can’t send me an email that my cruise was cancelled?

10 hours ago, rcnet9 said:

Horrible, horrible decision.  45 days?!?? Disney is halting cruises until the end of March, 2 weeks from now. Carnival, April 10th.  If Disney and Carnival can start earlier why not MSC...give me a break.  This whole thing is WAY overblown. I was scheduled for my 1st MSC cruise in early/mid April, but now that it's cancelled, I will be asking for a FULL refund, and I'll NEVER EVER cruise MSC EVER again.  MSC is going to look like fools looking at all that money going out the window.  What they should have done is do like Disney, and then say "...and we'll re-evaluate cruises starting in April in a weeks time, based upon the current coronavirus situation".  That would have given them flexiblity to see how this thing shakes out.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Isn't wonderful that you can afford to take luxurious vacations with your family. We have so many choices for our cruise vacations these days. Best wishes in your future vacations.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Tara619 said:

We were scheduled for 3/21 out of Miami and I have not received any communication from MSC. They had no problems emailing me upgrade offers, but can’t send me an email that my cruise was cancelled?

Please be patient. MSC got slammed with the people who chose to cancel on their own, then they had to deal with all of the Europeans who could no longer travel to Miami for cruises, now they have cancelled all sailings. I'm sure they're doing the best they can. The upgrade offers don't come from MSC, they come from a third party where they are automatically generated by computer.

Edited by Talex831
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kc13 said:

I’m curious as to why they haven’t made a statement publicly about this case. I check my email often, but not everyone does. 

There's no way to know if the virus was picked up on the ship. Canada and Miami are a long distance apart. The passenger clearly had quite a bit of traveling after disembarking.

Horrible, horrible decision.  45 days?!?? Disney is halting cruises until the end of March, 2 weeks from now. Carnival, April 10th.  If Disney and Carnival can start earlier why not MSC...give me a break.  This whole thing is WAY overblown. I was scheduled for my 1st MSC cruise in early/mid April, but now that it's cancelled, I will be asking for a FULL refund, and I'll NEVER EVER cruise MSC EVER again.  MSC is going to look like fools looking at all that money going out the window.  What they should have done is do like Disney, and then say "...and we'll re-evaluate cruises starting in April in a weeks time, based upon the current coronavirus situation".  That would have given them flexiblity to see how this thing shakes out.

Let’s see, member for only 12 hours, first post ever on CC, claims he/she will NEVER EVER cruise with MSC again. [emoji2357] [emoji849] Nothing to see here, everybody move along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

With the World currently in shock with the shutdown of the cruise industry, quite rightly customers, at least those that know are worried about how they will be affected and whether their hard earned money will be returned to them or have to accept a Future cruise credit! That said spare a thought for the MSC crews who are still currently sailing with guests onboard and have not been told by MSC that the cruises going forward are cancelled. Those crews have found out via social media platforms or via friends! This MSC is not the way to treat Loyal staff who work their backsides off on long contracts year in and year out. To those telling people to stand with MSC maybe you should be telling people to stand with the crews.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rcnet9 said:

Welcome to CC.

You are disappointed, we get it.  Your assessment of MSC is your own.  If you look at the general theme from the diehards here, you'll see that most applaud them.

We had booked a last minute $329 Fantastica Balcony on the Meriviglia for March 29.  We  took the FCC 125% refund deal  ...  I am curious if we will see that low price again  ..  the Belize Itinerary is not repeated again until November ...    and current cost to book the same Balcony is over $800 more ....  Ugh ...  

On 3/13/2020 at 7:45 PM, rcnet9 said:

I understand your disappointment but in reality I am very doubtful that those cruise lines will be back in operation in thirty days. The POTUS pulled the plug and can easily extend the ban which I think will happen. The prediction for this virus is to get much worse over the next few weeks. I had two cruises canceled by Celebrity leaving in three weeks. I’m happy. I don’t want to cruise right now. I have a cruise on the Seaside in a little over fifty days. If MSC doesn’t cancel we will ask for a FCC and go when we feel that it’s much safer. Good luck in your future cruising endeavors. 

We were due to sail on Seaside April 11th, and we know it is cancelled.

Has anyone affected by a cancelled sailing, actually received an email from MSC informing them their cruise is cancelled?

Being that it would have been 22 days out from our sail date.

We have received diddly squat, narda, zero confirmation from them.

Appreciate they are busy, before anyone states the obvious 😎

Edited by PompeySailor

25 minutes ago, jsscuba2 said:

Ok I received my 125%cruise voucher, but it did not include the gratuities and taxes I paid. What gives?

As per FAQS on MSC site, those will be refunded separately to original form of payment. They cannot keep those in the FCC.

Edited by phissy