MSC Miami Cruises Cancelled Next 60 Days

dexddd

6 minutes ago, lastchamp64 said:

And so many people were so critical blasting how terrible MSC was and how they are greedy and etc. They just offered IMO, one of the best responses in the industry to this crisis with an option for full refund and not just a future cruise credit. Well done MSC!!!!

Let's not get carried away. Many other line offers are better. MSC did good, certainly. I'll pat them on the back. I"m happy and will gladly sail with them again. But saying they responded to this crisis better than any other cruise line is, well,  ridiculous. Just read the threads since Monday.

I assume this offer is just for the sailings within the 60 day period?  We are a couple weeks after that..not sure what we plan to do at this point, or if we will even have a say in the matter.  If we cancelled now I assume we'd just be given the FCC, not the 125% FCC, is that correct?  Thank you!

5 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

I assume this offer is just for the sailings within the 60 day period?  We are a couple weeks after that..not sure what we plan to do at this point, or if we will even have a say in the matter.  If we cancelled now I assume we'd just be given the FCC, not the 125% FCC, is that correct?  Thank you!

Unless it has been corrected, there was a disconnect - the date range they gave 3/14-4/30 is only 48 days yet the wording says 60 days.  I'm guessing it is through 4/30 though.

18 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Let's not get carried away. Many other line offers are better. MSC did good, certainly. I'll pat them on the back. I"m happy and will gladly sail with them again. But saying they responded to this crisis better than any other cruise line is, well,  ridiculous. Just read the threads since Monday.

Not getting carried away. Certainly didn't say the best, but one of the best. Offering a full refund instead of a credit is stepping up. I also didn't say they responded better than any other cruise line; stating that I said they responded better than any other cruise line is, well, ridiculous. You mentioned, just read the threads since Monday. Just read my post again from a few minutes ago. 

20 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Their offer is certainly better than Celebrity's offer.  Celebrity is offering FCC only.  They are now sitting on over $10,000 of my money.  I have another final payment coming up in May.  That will be cancelled PRIOR to final.  Not letting them sit on any more of my money!

• Like 2

@lastchamp64   Fair enough, I clearly did not read carefully. My apologies.

Here's

• AMA Waterways, Suspended Europe river cruises thru April 25, 2020
  • Avalon River Cruises and Globus Tours, Suspended operations thru April 30, 2020
  • Celestyal Cruises, Suspended operations thru May 1, 2020
  • Cruise and Mariime
  • Disney Cruise Line, Suspended all operations thru March 30, 2020
  • Walt Disney World and Disneyland closed thru end March, 2020
  • Gate1Travel, suspended all operations thru April 30, 2020
  • MSC Cruises, various worldwide cancellations and itinerary changes.
  • NCL Cruises
  • Oceania, various cancels in French Polynesia and Europe itinerary changes
  • Paul Gauguin Cruises, Suspended all operations thru April 11, 2020
  • Princess Cruises Suspended all operations through May 11, 2020
  • RCL Cruises
  • Uniworld River Cruises, Suspended Europe river cruises thru April 23, 2020
  • Viking River and Viking Ocean Cruises, Suspended operations thru April 30, 2020
  • Windstar Cruises, Suspended all operations thru April 30, 2020
  • Costa Cruises, Suspended all operations thru April 3, 2020
Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1

Woohoo!  Hopefully some folks on these boards are less distressed now. 😊   

For other expenses, good luck addressing cancellations with those industries (e.g. hotel, airline, etc.) regarding monies you want refunded. Its a busy time with cancellations for many industries. 

Situations like this can be challenging on many levels. 

Have a great wknd everyone! 

2 minutes ago, Scorpio55 said:

I’m new to this forum & I am booked on my first MSC cruise next week, we are due to leave on the 21st from Miami on the Msc Seaside, can you confirm if this has been cancelled as I have had no emails?

Everything cancelled from Miami until end of April:
https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cancelled-Cruises-Miami.aspx

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Scorpio55 said:

I’m new to this forum & I am booked on my first MSC cruise next week, we are due to leave on the 21st from Miami on the Msc Seaside, can you confirm if this has been cancelled as I have had no emails?

Welcome to CC.  Yes, trip is cancelled, all out of Miami on MSC at least through 4/30.

I have trip in two weeks.  It is not uncommon to find out either direct from the company website or here on CC vs. an email.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Unless it has been corrected, there was a disconnect - the date range they gave 3/14-4/30 is only 48 days yet the wording says 60 days.  I'm guessing it is through 4/30 though.

They did a corrected release to say just the dates of 3/14-4/30.   Not 60 days!!!

5 minutes ago, Talex831 said:

Anybody been able to get the request form go through for these canceled cruises? I keep trying and I keep getting and "Oops, something went wrong, MSC has been notified."

It says it will be available "soon".  Things are happening so fast they can't keep up

1 minute ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

It says it will be available "soon".  Things are happening so fast they can't keep up

I got it to go through. I opted for full refund and the screen popped up that my FCC would be issued in 14 days. I took a screenshot showing my preference for full refund and will give it some time. I know they are slammed right now. And..the same exact thing happened to my sister when she just went through the online link.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLHugh said:

And who knows what the price of that Future cruise will be?

That's a good question.i see lots of things increasing in price when it's all said and done.i was about ready to quit cruising anyway a lot of other things I wanted to try out.

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Their offer is certainly better than Celebrity's offer.  Celebrity is offering FCC only.  They are now sitting on over $10,000 of my money.  I have another final payment coming up in May.  That will be cancelled PRIOR to final.  Not letting them sit on any more of my money!

I just read the press release from X about cruises being canceled for the next thirty days but no mention of how the refund was going to be handled. Can you please point me in the direction of where they stated only a FCC? I knew that was a choice if I wanted to cancel but not the cruise line actually canceling.

Thanks,

We were scheduled to sail 3/21 on Seaside and I sent in the form for FCC on Wednesday because that was the only option at the time. But I really just want a refund. I filled out the form again, now with the refund option.  I wonder how they’ll handle that?  Which form will they process? 

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

@lastchamp64   Fair enough, I clearly did not read carefully. My apologies.

Here's

• AMA Waterways, Suspended Europe river cruises thru April 25, 2020
  • Avalon River Cruises and Globus Tours, Suspended operations thru April 30, 2020
  • Celestyal Cruises, Suspended operations thru May 1, 2020
  • Cruise and Mariime
  • Disney Cruise Line, Suspended all operations thru March 30, 2020
  • Walt Disney World and Disneyland closed thru end March, 2020
  • Gate1Travel, suspended all operations thru April 30, 2020
  • MSC Cruises, various worldwide cancellations and itinerary changes.
  • NCL Cruises
  • Oceania, various cancels in French Polynesia and Europe itinerary changes
  • Paul Gauguin Cruises, Suspended all operations thru April 11, 2020
  • Princess Cruises Suspended all operations through May 11, 2020
  • RCL Cruises
  • Uniworld River Cruises, Suspended Europe river cruises thru April 23, 2020
  • Viking River and Viking Ocean Cruises, Suspended operations thru April 30, 2020
  • Windstar Cruises, Suspended all operations thru April 30, 2020
  • Costa Cruises, Suspended all operations thru April 3, 2020

Add AIDA to the list.  EM

I am flying from Europe and according to Virgin Atlantic my flight is still on even though it’s an Air France from Edinburgh to Paris then to Miami. As Msc has just cancelled my cruise on the seaside for the 21st do you think I will get a refund for the flight which I booked separately from the cruise?

38 minutes ago, Scorpio55 said:

I am flying from Europe and according to Virgin Atlantic my flight is still on even though it’s an Air France from Edinburgh to Paris then to Miami. As Msc has just cancelled my cruise on the seaside for the 21st do you think I will get a refund for the flight which I booked separately from the cruise?

If I'm not mistaken, you weren't going to be taking that flight even if your cruise wasn't canceled. You need to contact the airline.