MSC Miami Cruises Cancelled Next 60 Days

dexddd

24 minutes ago, BubbleBear said:

Anyone know what this means for the cruise leaving Miami today (Friday)? Had a friend who was supposed to be traveling on that... I know they were at the boat but haven’t heard anything since. 

If they've boarded, they may let them stay overnight onboard and then give them the boot tomorrow.  I believe that is what happened to a ship in the Med earlier this week.

• Like 1

Just saw this on another cruise line group. I checked and it was actually posted by the President. Please no political comments please. Just passing along the source. 

At my request, effective midnight tonight, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and MSC have all agreed to suspend outbound cruises for thirty days. It is a great and important industry – it will be kept that way!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lastchamp64 said:

And so many people were so critical blasting how terrible MSC was and how they are greedy and etc. They just offered IMO, one of the best responses in the industry to this crisis with an option for full refund and not just a future cruise credit. Well done MSC!!!!

Perhaps this announcement is part in parcel to the feedback they have been getting?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Their offer is certainly better than Celebrity's offer.  Celebrity is offering FCC only.  They are now sitting on over $10,000 of my money.  I have another final payment coming up in May.  That will be cancelled PRIOR to final.  Not letting them sit on any more of my money!

Actually Celebrity/RCL is offering a full refund for the upcoming canceled cruises or a 125% FCC. Basically the same as MSC and NCL.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/voluntary-suspension-of-cruising

• Like 1

We had a Yacht Club sailing on the Seaside on 3/21/20 out of Miami.

Had our agent cancel the cruise last Friday on got a confirm this past Monday 3/10/20 of the cancellation. With the news of MSC ceasing sailing from Miami I emailed my agent to contact MSC to see if we can take the option of 125% credit for a future sailing.

My agent sent me an email back saying they were working each client one at a time and advised me to be patient. I called MSC direct gave my Voyager’s Black Card ( now Platinum) number, then hit the prompt for Yacht Club sailing and a MSC rep answered within 3 minutes. He was extremely polite and helpful. Looked up our booking number, and saw our booking. He saw our cancellation and called his supervisor.....said we would qualify for the 125% credit but ( as I knew) said because we booked with an agent we need our agent to call......Very Impressed with MSC . Emailed my agent and asked her as I know they are “ slammed “ to please call as I spoke with MSC and can get the credit.  I have cancel for any reason insurance at 75% and want to stop that process . Again MSC is showing good client services . 

51 minutes ago, sidari said:

Divina left Miami today.

23 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

So did Celebrity Reflection even though it was on a list of cancelled cruises released by Celebrity.

51 minutes ago, sidari said:

Divina left Miami today.

Do we know if they actually left with passengers aboard or have been taken off somewhere to be parked up for the duration. After all they will all have to be docked somewhere.

Seems odd that Celebrity would post its a cancelled sailing and then go. Who would show up to board her if they knew it was cancelled?

Edited by Mattnvick

36 minutes ago, lastchamp64 said:

That is a fair assumption. Perhaps there is truth in this!

No it was because the president asked them to 😉 see below

Just saw this on another cruise line group. I checked and it was actually posted by the President. Please no political comments please. Just passing along the source.

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

At my request, effective midnight tonight, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and MSC have all agreed to suspend outbound cruises for thirty days. It is a great and important industry – it will be kept that way!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattnvick said:

No it was because the president asked them to 😉 see below

The cancelling of cruises, yes he did ask. As for giving refunds, I still think it was a nice gesture by MSC. 😉And I’m mot a loyal cruiser of MSC, in fact my first cruise with them is hopefully May 30th. 

• Like 1

We’re on Divina right now. We left Miami at 4:00PM as scheduled, and so far as we passengers know, we’re en route to San Juan, expected to arrive on Sunday. 

It would have been nice to know this news before the ship sailed.

Per our waiter, yesterday there were 2700 passengers onboard, for the 3-day cruise that started on Tuesday. There are 2000 onboard today, for a 7-day cruise.

Horrible, horrible decision.  45 days?!?? Disney is halting cruises until the end of March, 2 weeks from now. Carnival, April 10th.  If Disney and Carnival can start earlier why not MSC...give me a break.  This whole thing is WAY overblown. I was scheduled for my 1st MSC cruise in early/mid April, but now that it's cancelled, I will be asking for a FULL refund, and I'll NEVER EVER cruise MSC EVER again.  MSC is going to look like fools looking at all that money going out the window.  What they should have done is do like Disney, and then say "...and we'll re-evaluate cruises starting in April in a weeks time, based upon the current coronavirus situation".  That would have given them flexiblity to see how this thing shakes out.

19 minutes ago, bespin said:

We’re on Divina right now. We left Miami at 4:00PM as scheduled, and so far as we passengers know, we’re en route to San Juan, expected to arrive on Sunday. 

It would have been nice to know this news before the ship sailed.

Per our waiter, yesterday there were 2700 passengers onboard, for the 3-day cruise that started on Tuesday. There are 2000 onboard today, for a 7-day cruise.

Your cruise was not part of the cancel list so you would not have been eligible for a refund.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kc13 said:

We just received an email today from MSC that there has been 1 positive case from a Canadian that disembarked our March 1-8 cruise on Meraviglia out of Miami. 

Did they ask you to take any precautions, or was it just a general notification?

MSC have not even emailed us to inform us our April 11th sailing is cancelled.

Only CC provided that news for us.

The small % of us who follow CC get an abundance of information,  which we are very grateful for 👍🏻

We are ok with the cancellation, life goes on and we can cruise another time, but let your customers know, before they have to find out from other sources.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

MSC have not even emailed us to inform us our April 11th sailing is cancelled.

Only CC provided that news for us.

The small % of us who follow CC get an abundance of information,  which we are very grateful for 👍🏻

We are ok with the cancellation, life goes on and we can cruise another time, but let your customers know, before they have to find out from other sources.

Interesting. It seems to be posted on their USA website. (Not sure if that's applicable though)  With how fluid the situation is and all the chatter online, news, social media, etc. I'm surprised if cruisers are not checking the website. Yes, it would be great for them to alert you about a cruise next month. Hopefully that is coming as they manage the March sailings as well. 

3 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Interesting. It seems to be posted on their USA website. (Not sure if that's applicable though)  With how fluid the situation is and all the chatter online, news, social media, etc. I'm surprised if cruisers are not checking the website. Yes, it would be great for them to alert you about a cruise next month. Hopefully that is coming as they manage the March sailings as well. 

We found the link to the website posting on CC, and I agree with you that people are probably checking various sources on the internet to check if their cruises are affected by all the suspensions going into place.

For us we have cruises on MSC, Royal, Princess and P&O all in limbo or in a state of will they or won’t they cancel, so communication is King.

Royal, Princess and P&O emailed us almost immediately after their announcements were made of their relative suspensions.

Hopefully MSC will contact us on Monday, so we can plan accordingly on what steps we need to take going forward.

7 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

We found the link to the website posting on CC, and I agree with you that people are probably checking various sources on the internet to check if their cruises are affected by all the suspensions going into place.

For us we have cruises on MSC, Royal, Princess and P&O all in limbo or in a state of will they or won’t they cancel, so communication is King.

Royal, Princess and P&O emailed us almost immediately after their announcements were made of their relative suspensions.

Hopefully MSC will contact us on Monday, so we can plan accordingly on what steps we need to take going forward.

Wow, sounds like you love cruising as much as I do. 🛳🌞🏝🙂

If the USA site is applicable to you, then the info is on their website with a link at the top of the page for you to review the details.  Your options are listed on that page for you to review, if they are applicable to your sailing. Hopefully you can use that information during the wknd to make your decision, if it is applicable to your sailing of course. I keep saying if it is applicable because I understand that we all have unique situations for our travel plans.

Have a good day. It's the weekend now. On my way to enjoy it. 🤗

• Like 1