Royal Caribbean suspends all cruising in US

Charles4515

13 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Folks... there are obviously a lot of questions. This information was just released. At least give them a little bit of time to push out their plans before adding fuel to the fire with complaints.  

Unless you’re scheduled to sailing in the next day or two, don’t call looking for information quite yet. It’s understandably frustrating, but pushing for instant info isn’t going to ease anyone’s anxiety. They aren’t going to purposely leave anyone hanging. 

Thank you, was just going to post something similar.  They most likely wanted to get the word out as quickly as possible.  If they waited to have all questions answered people would be complaing about the even shorter notice.  We are in unique territory here give them a chance.

Edited by akcruz

From the Celebrity press release; “Cruises that depart US ports before midnight tonight and international cruises will operate their scheduled itineraries. US ships already at sea will finish their itineraries as planned.”

They will still need to figure out what to do about Alaska cruises through July 1.

5 minutes ago, pauly said:

100% Agreed. 

100% disagree. You don't release a partial statement! That only creates more questions and confusion. We can see that happening here. You work out every detail and then release it. Their PR and Crisis Management teams need to be evaluated and perhaps changed.

Edited by Orator
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Orator said:

100% disagree. You don't release a partial statement! That only creates more questions and confusion. We can see that happening here. You work out every detail and then release it.their PR and Crisis Management teams need to be evaluated.

Well I know now not to drive down to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow. The rest of the news will come in time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pedro2400 said:

We are also on Apr 12 sailing. It is with in 30 day window

Patience. Within 24 hours your should have info on cruises for the next month. Would guess Alaska info might take a bit longer as Canada situation not 100% clear.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

No kidding! Cannot share info we do not have. Right now it is RCCL only on sailings from the USA. 

RCCL is the parent company. RCI is Royal Caribbean (the specific cruise line).

3 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

RCCL is the parent company. RCI is Royal Caribbean (the specific cruise line).

The press release was from Royal Caribbean Ltd.  Is that the parent company or just the cruise line of the same name. 

4 minutes ago, Orator said:

100% disagree. You don't release a partial statement! That only creates more questions and confusion. We can see that happening here. You work out every detail and then release it. Their PR and Crisis Management teams need to be evaluated and perhaps changed.

This is a no win situation. If they make the announcement as soon as the decision is made, with details to follow, some people will complain about the lack of sufficient information. On the other hand, if they delay announcement until all of the details are worked out, people will criticize them for not giving them an early heads up.

Personally, like @pauly, I'd rather see the announcement being made as soon as possible.

• Like 10

The most difficult thing for me is the return of my money.  My cancelation was over 40 days ago, and not due to the virus.  Celebrity still owes me over $1,000 of my fare.  The rest was on my card, and I was charged $200 due to airfare only.  So, please look at what you should receive, along with what you get very carefully.  There are so many cruises being cancelled for different reasons.  Plus, I have insurance, but only if I file within 90 days.  Half of that time period has passed, and I need documentation...FYI

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, tiggy85 said:

I called and yes it applies to Celebrity. I had a cruise starting on the 27th 😞

So, what options did they give you for cruise refund?  We were due to sail this Sunday and called Captain's Club and were told they have no knowledge of cancellations???????

Just now, blubionda said:

So, what options did they give you for cruise refund?  We were due to sail this Sunday and called Captain's Club and were told they have no knowledge of cancellations???????

They told me I would get an email. My cruise was free (Heroes Cruise 3/27). Still no email and the chat people are “gathering details” and had no further information for me. Their poor front line staff were blindsided like us. I’m just going to wait for them to sort it out but if someone is leaving soon I’d call and get to the bottom of it. 

17 minutes ago, pauly said:

Well I know now not to drive down to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow. The rest of the news will come in time.

At least you are driving - my family and I are all trying to figure out if we get on the plane or not tomorrow . . .

8 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

The press release was from Royal Caribbean Ltd.  Is that the parent company or just the cruise line of the same name. 

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is the parent, which released the press release.

"Today Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD. announced that it is suspending cruising in the United States for 30 days."

Edited by hrhdhd

I worked in crisis management and that a corporation needs to have a plan in place long before they need it. Once the decision is made they should be able to implement the plan. They know what cruises will be cancelled once they have defined the time frame and should have discussed things like compensation in advance. As Orator said: Incomplete information leads to confusion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pauly said:

What is/was your cruise?

Celebrity Silhouette - FLL departure Sunday (March 15-March 27 sailing) - all our flights are tomorrow and we can't get official confirmation from X that we are cancelled . .. 

Just now, blubionda said:

Celebrity Silhouette - FLL departure Sunday (March 15-March 27 sailing) - all our flights are tomorrow and we can't get official confirmation from X that we are cancelled . .. 

Celebrity has released a press release that all US cruises are cancelled after midnight tonight.

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-release/1158/royal-caribbean-announces-voluntary-suspension-of-cruising/

4 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Since you have access and this is on a restricted site please copy and paste the actual press release

Royal Caribbean Announces Voluntary Suspension of Cruising 

MIAMI, March 13, 2020 – Today Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD. announced that it is suspending cruising in the United States for 30 days.

We understand the gravity of the public health crisis confronting the country. And this is our part to play. So, beginning at midnight tonight, we are pausing the fleet’s US sailings for 30 days. 

We are reaching out to our guests to help them work through this disruption to their vacations, and we are truly sorry for their inconvenience. We are also communicating with our crew to work out the issues this decision presents for them. We know this adds great stress to our guests, employees and crew, and we are working to minimize the disruption.

Cruises that depart US ports before midnight tonight and international cruises will operate their scheduled itineraries. US ships already at sea will finish their itineraries as planned.

Our business is providing great vacations and creating great memories. We look forward to getting back to work as soon as we can.

# # #

3 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Since you have access and this is on a restricted site please copy and paste the actual press release

Its just a regular website. If you cant click it Go to Celebrity Cruises Company News (Under Customer Support)

• Like 2