Royal Caribbean suspends all cruising in US

Charles4515

20 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I read the press release.  Don’t know whether that means Celebrity is covered in the 30 day suspension...but even if not, surely Celebrity will release a similar statement.

The press release is vague but comes from Royal Caribbean International which is the parent corporation so would probably effect the other lines including Celebrity. 

1 minute ago, dkjretired said:

The press release is vague but comes from Royal Caribbean International which is the parent corporation so would probably effect the other lines including Celebrity. 

I called and yes it applies to Celebrity. I had a cruise starting on the 27th 😞

Anywhere to see whether they're offering FCC or refunds or a combination?

Since I just this very minute got the email about having a doctor's note if I'm 70 or older I figure my up to date info will be here.

• Like 1

RCL should have stated what specific entities are covered and the start date and end date. April 12th is 30 days from today, but 29 days if you start the 30 day count after 12:00 am tomorrow. Clearity makes a difference.

• Like 1

Just now, Orator said:

RCL should have stated what specific entities are covered and the start date and end date. April 12th is 30 days from today, but 29 days if you start the 30 day count after 12:00 am tomorrow. Clearity makes a difference.

They also should have announced what those with cancelled cruises can expect to receive, as all the other lines did. 

23 minutes ago, PRgymnast said:

We need to know if this applies to Celebrity.??!?!

No kidding! Cannot share info we do not have. Right now it is RCCL only on sailings from the USA. 

I would expect additional information later today.

VP Pence said discussions were in progress with CLIA and he expected an announcement in the next day or two.

Folks... there are obviously a lot of questions. This information was just released. At least give them a little bit of time to push out their plans before adding fuel to the fire with complaints.  

Unless you’re scheduled to sail in the next day or two, don’t call looking for information quite yet. It’s understandably frustrating, but pushing for instant info isn’t going to ease anyone’s anxiety. They aren’t going to purposely leave anyone hanging. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jeremiah1212 said:

Folks... there are obviously a lot of questions. This information was just released. At least give them a little bit of time to push out their plans before adding fuel to the fire with complaints.  

Unless you’re scheduled to sailing in the next day or two, don’t call looking for information quite yet. It’s understandably frustrating, but pushing for instant info isn’t going to ease anyone’s anxiety. They aren’t going to purposely leave anyone hanging. 

100% Agreed. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lori-annk said:

Would a San Juan departure also be cancelled for tomorrow?

Yes, I confirmed already with the shoreside Concierge.  I was on the Summit leaving tomorrow and he confirmed it was part of the group canceled.

14 minutes ago, ulster-cruiser said:

We cancelled yesterday for our cruise on Sunday. Hope they offer us option to get refund or get boosted fcc

I'm in the same position as I held out until the last-minute yesterday thinking Celebrity was going to do the prudent thing and follow Princess's lead.  Hopefully we see cash instead of FCC, but I'm worried.

• Like 2