Royal Caribbean suspends all cruising in US

Charles4515

7 minutes ago, blubionda said:

We have called both TA and Captain's Club - at the time we actually got thru, both had not yet received any notification our cruise was cancelled - I get the press announcement, but I need confirmation from the people holding my money.

Did you try Existing Reservations or Guest Relations?.  Here are their #'s:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/contact-us

Edited by pauly

57 minutes ago, pauly said:

Good question. PR is a US territory, but I would check with RCI.

I tried to book a cruise on the website out of San Juan and it does not have any available dates until April 18th so it looks like my Summit cruise out of San Juan on April 11 is going to fall into this list.

7 minutes ago, Perky1 said:

Our cruise is outside the 30 day period - Apr 13th but when I go and try to book there are no rooms available for it as well.

Isn’t it March 13th?  Wouldn’t April 13th be 30 days? 

not trying to be a smart a just asking? 

as someone else said rookie mistake on the press release 

give dates, locations, and what they are offering.  

3 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Disagree in this case, you get it out ASAP because people are in their cars 🚘 r getting on planes for tomorrow.

No. You spend the day writing multiple versions of the release based on the options your're considering. Complete with details. You release the one you approve, with details. AND you provide the same information to your agents at the same time...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, blubionda said:

We have called both TA and Captain's Club - at the time we actually got thru, both had not yet received any notification our cruise was cancelled - I get the press announcement, but I need confirmation from the people holding my money.

Your cruise is cancelled. Clear as day. 

• Like 3

To those who disagree: You provide an emergency contact number for precisely this type of situation so that Celebrity can reach out to you. If you give a phone number a real person might be on the other end to give you information and answer questions. This has happened once to me. Usually I give an email address and messages are sent until I indicate that I've received it. It's all about going the extra mile to let your customers know that you really care. 

1 minute ago, markeb said:

No. You spend the day writing multiple versions of the release based on the options your're considering. Complete with details. You release the one you approve, with details. AND you provide the same information to your agents at the same time...

Wouldn't be surprised if just ahead of Trump's press conference RCCI and CCL were contacted and told to shut down.  Most other lines already had and gov't doesn't want to deal with questions about cruise lines.  Left no time for detailed press release.

• Like 1

i spoke to someone on their chat too and they said: "Celebrity cruise has not yet officially make a statement in regards the suspensions , they will do so in a couple hours"

We are disembarking from the Equinox tomorrow after a wonderful cruise. I feel so sad for the crew who work so hard to make us happy and to support their families back home. What will happen to them?  This whole situation is a mess that is effecting everyone in some way or another. Please be understanding. 

• Like 2

I am a big supporter of -X- and have felt they are often attacked (on these boards) without warrant.
With that said, What they won't do....

We attempted to move our April 11 to May 2 - same itinerary same class of cabin (Aft S2).
They were not prepared to simply transfer to the new date.
Prevailing rates are $1400 PP higher for May 2 vs what we originally paid.  

May 2 would likely be just another placeholder, so we'll move on and enjoy Easter with the grandbabies instead of at sea...
Everyone stay safe out there!

1 minute ago, LSKC said:

i spoke to someone on their chat too and they said: "Celebrity cruise has not yet officially make a statement in regards the suspensions , they will do so in a couple hours"

A couple weeks ago, someone on the chat told me that I could not order new luggage tags for my new stateroom, even though we were over three weeks out. I did them online, LOL. The people on the chat do not have good information often times. 

50 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Reflection has just left Port Everglades and is still visible in the port webcam.  Serenade of the Seas is leaving right behind her.  Run, Reflection, run!

I'm shocked they let her sail. Makes no sense when the same day you are announcing a 1 month cruise suspension.

• Like 2

Apparently it is correct  https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/royal-caribbean-brands-suspend-us-operations-for-30-days.html

It is only US sailings, not world wide. I doubt they had much choice given the US statements. 

Wow - thats a lot of replies whilst I was typing! I clearly type slow!

Edited by GastroGnome
Update