Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

7 minutes ago, as400guy said:

Second sidebar:  The FCD that was returned to my account is scheduled to expire 5/19/20.   I'm curious if it will be refunded as quickly as expired FCDs have been in the past.

Not a chance ... I have one that expired and one agent down at Princess said it would be refunded to my account and another said it would be returned via the regular process.  I've got a couple more cancellations I am waiting on so, time will tell ... 

1 hour ago, usmprez said:

image.png.9041fc948fc6272ce4f1cc3ecc11e870.png

Good to hear your positive result/ BTW, did Princess still give you future cruise credit?  

I saw that Princess finally gave me FCC on our accounts but still no refund on credit card yet. So I wonder if I dispute it, will they take the FCC away?

• Thanks 1

I got a FCC only for #3 of 3 btb cancelled by Princess in first pause, of which we asked for Option 2, as the $50k owed we wanted back.  Dates were 4-4-20, 5-2-20, 5-9-20.  If they are going by dates, why would last cruise fcc arrive first?  I double checked the second cruise total and amount for fcc did not match.  So still waiting, figure refund for first cruise by June 4, second would be July 2, final refund July 9.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, usmprez said:

image.png.9041fc948fc6272ce4f1cc3ecc11e870.png

I got concerned about that email that was sent out with no date or time frame when we could now expect to see our refunds so, filed a dispute with my credit card company on two of my three canceled sailings, although, both disputed amounts were only for a portion of the total cost of the booking, several hundred more on one and over $1000 on the other.  I am still out thousands on other bookings, gift cards, FCDs if this all goes to hell in a handbag ... at least I feel confident that I will recover a small portion of my cash as returns this doesn't seem to be a priority right now for most of the cruise lines ... not just Princess.  When it goes from 30 days to 60 days from the cancellation, then 60 days from the sail date, then to 60 business days from the sail date to we're working on it but can no longer give us a time frame, I lost a lot of faith that we might ever see this return.  The only people I've seen that have gotten anything back were those that were booked on canceled cruises before the 3/12 suspensions of operations.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, as400guy said:

FCD was reinstated with the original expiration date to my Princess account a couple of weeks ago.

4/29/20 cruise (booked and paid on 2/25/2020) was canceled by Princess on 3/12.

NO refund yet

NO FCC posted that was promised with Option 2.

Sidebar: I disputed the charge on 4/14/20.  On 5/1/20 I spoke to the PVP asking her when to expect my refund. She checked and our booking showed that Princess had "accepted the charge-back" on April 19.  The final charge reversal has not shown up on my Chase Credit card yet.   I called Chase and they said the charge-back was posted, but because of Chase's backlog it might take a few days for the final credit to be applied to my account.  As always they said to wait until I get a letter from them with details of the dispute resolution.   Waiting and watching and slightly encouraged.

Second sidebar:  The FCD that was returned to my account is scheduled to expire 5/19/20.   I'm curious if it will be refunded as quickly as expired FCDs have been in the past.

I have Chase Sapphire and was told I could still file dispute. Did you upload all your information on line or mail them the information? I am having trouble finding the site and then are not taking phone calls. Thanks

1 hour ago, trrn2016 said:

I have Chase Sapphire and was told I could still file dispute. Did you upload all your information on line or mail them the information? I am having trouble finding the site and then are not taking phone calls. Thanks

Do you have Chase Sapphire Reserve?  If so, you just go to Account Activity on their website and click on the relevant  transaction to dispute the charge.

I did this yesterday evening and the funds were back in my account this morning.

1 hour ago, llandaff said:

Do you have Chase Sapphire Reserve?  If so, you just go to Account Activity on their website and click on the relevant  transaction to dispute the charge.

I did this yesterday evening and the funds were back in my account this morning.

Did you attach any documentation?

2 hours ago, trrn2016 said:

Did you upload all your information on line or mail them the information?

I talked to a Chase CSR.  He didn't indicate he needed any additional information, so I did not provide any.  That may turn out to be a mistake, but based on what the Princess PVP told me and the Chase CSR after the Princess call told me, I think it's a matter of waiting for Chase to work it through their system.

As many times before, I could be wrong!  I will report any progress here.

2 hours ago, trrn2016 said:

Did you attach any documentation?

No.  I gave them the date of the sailing and the date that I requested a refund.  I can't think how Princess could dispute the refund but I guess they'll ask for more documentation if necessary.  I can only imagine there are dozens of us claiming.

On 5/1/2020 at 10:41 PM, partybarbie said:

We actually got our FCC last week.  We are just waiting on the port taxes now.  I think ours was one of the easier ones because all they had to refund was the cruise costs.  We booked our own hotel and airfare.  Our tours were booked with shipboard credits.  Your case sounds a lot more complicated.  Hopefully you will receive your refunds soon. 

Not complicated at all. All we want is the FCC's for the cruise amount paid on thr cancelled cruise. We too booked tours with shipboard credits.  We had no hotels or airfare that was booked through Princess that we need refunded.   So our was exactly like yours. Nothing more and certainly not complicated.

Edited by suzyed

On 5/2/2020 at 12:11 AM, mthomp5 said:

I cancelled before the pause and I didn’t get this recent email.  I received the confirmation email after I submitted for option 2.  I hope the person I’ve been dealing with has been looking at my account since I did give her my booking number.  She said to check in with her at the end of May if I didn’t receive anything.  Not getting this recent email from Princess has me worried now.  I guess I’ll call the regular Princess # on Monday.

We didn't cancel.  We were cancelled....while we were sailing...less than half way through our cruise.  

9 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I got concerned about that email that was sent out with no date or time frame when we could now expect to see our refunds so, filed a dispute with my credit card company on two of my three canceled sailings, although, both disputed amounts were only for a portion of the total cost of the booking, several hundred more on one and over $1000 on the other.  I am still out thousands on other bookings, gift cards, FCDs if this all goes to hell in a handbag ... at least I feel confident that I will recover a small portion of my cash as returns this doesn't seem to be a priority right now for most of the cruise lines ... not just Princess.  When it goes from 30 days to 60 days from the cancellation, then 60 days from the sail date, then to 60 business days from the sail date to we're working on it but can no longer give us a time frame, I lost a lot of faith that we might ever see this return.  The only people I've seen that have gotten anything back were those that were booked on canceled cruises before the 3/12 suspensions of operations.  

I cancelled on March 9th and was told it would take 11 days for a refund. I'm still waiting.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, llandaff said:

No.  I gave them the date of the sailing and the date that I requested a refund.  I can't think how Princess could dispute the refund but I guess they'll ask for more documentation if necessary.  I can only imagine there are dozens of us claiming.

I think you need a paper trail. I suggest emailing your receipt and cancellation notice with a note for dispute to credit card. They should give you something back in writing to say a file to dispute is open and a reference number. 

5 hours ago, dog said:

I think you need a paper trail. I suggest emailing your receipt and cancellation notice with a note for dispute to credit card. They should give you something back in writing to say a file to dispute is open and a reference number. 

I also have Chase and do think they will likely send you a letter through USPS requesting additional information. At least they did me even though I thought it was all handled via telephone. It’s still fairly simple - a form and some documentation to support your claim. You can then fax, secure message, or mail them back their returned form and documentation. I do believe a copy of your cruise booking, their cancellation email, and your form receipt confirmation is likely enough. Best wishes. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, coopco said:

I cancelled on March 9th and was told it would take 11 days for a refund. I'm still waiting.

It doesn't look as though there is any movement as far as cash refunds going on ... especially with those cancellations that hit around that 3/12 announcement and definitely nothing after that.  Too many delays to make me comfortable with having thousands stuck in limbo.  

2 hours ago, mrsbillyp said:

I also have Chase and do think they will likely send you a letter through USPS requesting additional information. At least they did me even though I thought it was all handled via telephone. It’s still fairly simple - a form and some documentation to support your claim. You can then fax, secure message, or mail them back their returned form and documentation. I do believe a copy of your cruise booking, their cancellation email, and your form receipt confirmation is likely enough. Best wishes. 

Hi MrsBillyP,  has Chase given you a credit for your cruise?  Thanks!

48 minutes ago, Mackenzie1 said:

Hi MrsBillyP,  has Chase given you a credit for your cruise?  Thanks!

Just a temporary credit pending review of my documentation which I faxed to them yesterday. The letter they sent said they’d reverse the credit and close out the claim if I didn’t supply appropriate information by 5/12 (10 days after CC dispute).