Confirmed COVID - Celebrity Silhouette, Feb 23 - Mar 6 Southern Caribbean

spryder

Just now, Briguy071 said:

Thank you so much for your concern .  We are doing well. It’s a real shame that Celebrity has not been transparent.  This was our first ever cruise and we loved it but the lack of transparency is very concerning and upsetting. 

It really is! Think about all the passengers that don’t follow this website, or are not from Canada, and not being contacted. Shame on Celebrity for spreading false hope to those who sailed and might have looked at their website thinking everything was ok. 

• Like 3

I only recently joined the forum when a felt sick and heard of the first confirmed case in Waterloo region.  You are correct that this has been great information to those who have not been contacted.  There is also a specific thread for that ship which has now grown to 9 pages.  This has been a great community to share information and we wish everyone the best through this terrible ordeal 

• Like 4

On 3/17/2020 at 4:20 PM, Hiphopeddie said:

We were contacted by the Alberta Health Services on March 16 to inform us of a positive COVID19 on our cruise from Feb 23-Mar6 Silhouette. Asked us about symptoms and making sure we are self isolating. We have zero symptoms and told to keep monitoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were also contacted by the local health nurse while were still racing home on the 15th.  We were called again today as a follow up to see if we were ok and to go to the hospital if symptoms arise.  We had our first confirmed case in our community of 102,000 today.. a traveller who had cruised in the Caribbean... no ship was mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Argo. said:

We were also contacted by the local health nurse while were still racing home on the 15th.  We were called again today as a follow up to see if we were ok and to go to the hospital if symptoms arise.  We had our first confirmed case in our community of 102,000 today.. a traveller who had cruised in the Caribbean... no ship was mentioned.

Yes, there are also a few from the HAMILTON, On region that state Caribbean-cruise ship. We are waiting to hear which ship. 

23 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

Yes, there are also a few from the HAMILTON, On region that state Caribbean-cruise ship. We are waiting to hear which ship. 

Please let us know if there are any more confirmed cases from the Feb 23 Silhouette sailing.

1 hour ago, Argo. said:

We had our first confirmed case in our community of 102,000 today.. a traveller who had cruised in the Caribbean... no ship was mentioned.

I think they should be giving the ship and sailing and the flight(s) the person used to get home.  The one case that PEI has was from the Summit Cruise and the 10 year old boy in NB who has it sat around her on the plane.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Perky1 said:

I think they should be giving the ship and sailing and the flight(s) the person used to get home.  The one case that PEI has was from the Summit Cruise and the 10 year old boy in NB who has it sat around her on the plane.

I couldn’t agree with you more.  It would certainly be nice to have that Info.  They were likely on my Air Canada AC 957 to Toronto. 

Edited by Briguy071

40 minutes ago, caribbeansun said:

Westjet has posted a list of impacted flights, no word on AC that I can find

I found this link that has some AC flights, includes Westjet and other airlines. From government of Alberta. This info should be easier to find, and up to date.

https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/covid-19-flight-information.pdf

2 minutes ago, travlr21 said:

I found this link that has some AC flights, includes Westjet and other airlines. From government of Alberta. This info should be easier to find, and up to date.

https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/covid-19-flight-information.pdf

OMG - that’s a lot of flights and a lot of potential exposures 😞   

22 hours ago, Briguy071 said:

Thank you so much for your concern .  We are doing well. It’s a real shame that Celebrity has not been transparent.  This was our first ever cruise and we loved it but the lack of transparency is very concerning and upsetting. 

Agree with this.  I did my first Celebrity cruise early in Feb and had a marvelous time, but Celebrity's response to this situation has been worse than a failure.  On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I was scheduled for a Viking cruise in early April and Viking's decision to cancel all sailings came early, communication was always clear and ongoing, and there hasn't been any confusion whatsoever.    

I can tell you that if/when this all comes to an end, Celebrity will be far down on my list of who I choose to do business with.  I've always said that when it comes to travel and whatnot, a perfect experience with zero problems is unrealistic.  There will always be problems that arise and it's not the problems that are the deal-breakers for me, it's how a company *responds* to those problems. 

I hope you start feeling better soon! 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

Agree with this.  I did my first Celebrity cruise early in Feb and had a marvelous time, but Celebrity's response to this situation has been worse than a failure.  On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I was scheduled for a Viking cruise in early April and Viking's decision to cancel all sailings came early, communication was always clear and ongoing, and there hasn't been any confusion whatsoever.    

I can tell you that if/when this all comes to an end, Celebrity will be far down on my list of who I choose to do business with.  I've always said that when it comes to travel and whatnot, a perfect experience with zero problems is unrealistic.  There will always be problems that arise and it's not the problems that are the deal-breakers for me, it's how a company *responds* to those problems. 

I hope you start feeling better soon! 

Thank you.  We are feeling a little better.  As much as we enjoyed the service and ship and the staff the lack of transparency is enough of a deal breaker for us to go with a different company next time.  I agree nobody is perfect but Celebrity failed with something so critical.  I mean handing over ship manifest to health unit agencies to contact guests for trace testing and admitting there was no problem with their ship.  

• Like 3

+1 to all of those disappointed/disgusted with the non-response by Celebrity.  We are almost at 2 weeks after departure and nothing.

Well down the path to looking at other lines based on this.

Interesting how - Albera, Ontario (different local health units) and Quebec have all publicly posted similar data about this and other cruises so it's not as if Celebrity isn't aware.

• Like 5

I can't help but think - just because the poor guy in Waterloo was the first to report having Covid 19 doesn't make him patient 0 - he had to have caught it from someone or something on board. 

There were a lot of people coughing, sneezing and weazing on that cruise by the second week.

Nobody knows who might have been on the ship the cruise before or when it was in drydock in Spain or if any of the crew had symptoms given Celebrity's non-disclosure.  

Stay well.

• Like 2

Seems most of the reports of health department contact and/or persons not feeling well are from Feb 23rd sailing of the Silhouette.

Any body having possible COVID symptoms or notification from the health department from the March 6th sailing?

Thanks!

Brad

On 3/14/2020 at 6:14 PM, etmanch said:

My husband and I just arrived back home yesterday. We were on Reflection and disembarked in FFL. We are putting ourselves into 14 day quarantine.  We live in the same city noted on this post. On our flight back home to Toronto the couple behind us coughed for most of the flight.  Nothing we could do about it and now we wait and pray that we did not get infected! 
I wish all people who are traveling back to their hometowns really seriously consider the self quarantine so that we can reduce the amount of people who are going to get sick!

Thank you! 

We were on the March 6th sailing of the Silhouette.  We are from Canada and live in the same municipality as the case from the February 23rd sailing.

Upon our return to Canada the Canadian government issued a 14 day self isolation for anyone returning from outside our country. 

Here is where it gets interesting.  The emergency contact we listed on our cruise documents was contacted on March 17th by our regional health unit.  She was asked to have us contact the regional health unit as soon as possible.  When we did contact them they acknowledged that they received a travel manifest with our names and asked to confirm the ship/cruise date.  At that time we were asked a series of health related questions and asked to confirm we were in fact self isolating. 

The nurse was unable to answer why we were being contacted other than they received our travel information. 

We are not about to panic however I do question why we have not heard from Celebrity.   Our cruise contained several points where the cruise line lacked transparency.  As passengers we are not looking for details but some guidance from the Cruise line would be helpful.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ihopfar said:

Seems most of the reports of health department contact and/or persons not feeling well are from Feb 23rd sailing of the Silhouette.

Any body having possible COVID symptoms or notification from the health department from the March 6th sailing?

Thanks!

Brad

We were called by the local health nurse that we may have been affected as a result of our March 6 -15 cruise on Silhouette.  We are cleansing internally with white wine on a daily basis..  Everything is great so far.  Thanks to the Great Canadian Superstore for having a website on which we can order our groceries and children who can drop them off on our front doorstep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the reply .. and the chuckle.  Things have completely different meening if you stop reading too soon!   

For example, after reading just so far, I thought. wow, things are different for our friends up north:

4 minutes ago, Argo. said:

Thanks to the Great Canadian Superstore for having a website on which we can order our groceries and children...

• Haha 1