Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

The gentleman who was interviewed on Fox News, did he mention the announcement?  I didn't hear him say anything about the deaths.

No he didn't.  

We were on the Coral Princess in January and disembarked in Buenos Aires on Jan. 21 after visiting Antarctica.  It's surreal to see her here in Miami under these circumstances right now.  That could be our last cruise for quite a while!

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Well passengers will start leaving tomorrow and take a few days to do because of a shortage of charter flights right now.

Yes, he did mention they might be on the ship for a few more days.  Lots of people on balconies -  they are the lucky ones during all of this.  I can't even imagine being quarantined in an inside!

I'm not sure what the future holds for us with cruising because of the age related doctor's release letter , but I know if I cruise again I will never book anything except a balcony.

Edited by mek

Current position from onboard at 10.55 local.

Those wanting tv might now have something as a helicopter overhead. Very noisy so please can they go away.

All large baggage collected for diisinfection.

We go for health check from13.30.

No other info just now.

• Like 7

Just now, mek said:

Yes, he did mention they might be on the ship for a few more days.  Lots of people on balconies -  they are the lucky ones during all of this.  I can't even imagine being quarantined in an inside!

I'm not sure what the future holds for us with cruising because of the age related doctor's release letter , but I know if I cruise again I will never book anything except a balcony.

All the interior passengers were moved to a balcony when we quarantined.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mek said:

They moved all of the people in insides to balconies when they quarantined.

One of our regular posters had sick people moved into the empty (balcony) room beside them.

Not only sick but loud and rude!

• Like 1

My thoughts and prayers to all onboard and the families who lost loved ones to this nasty virus.  

I suspect there will be alot more ill passengers and crew from the 2 Hal ships and this ship.  Last count I heard was over 250 between both ships plus the 4 who passed away on the zaandam.  

Are there still ships at sea with passengers onboard?

3 minutes ago, pb_uk said:

Current position from onboard at 10.55 local.

Those wanting tv might now have something as a helicopter overhead. Very noisy so please can they go away.

All large baggage collected for diisinfection.

We go for health check from13.30.

No other info just now.

You're slowly making progress. 🙂

Thanks for the updates. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BigJohnL said:

Is there any news helicopter coverage of the Coral's arrival in Miami, like there was of the Zaandam's and Rotterdam's arrival yesterday in Port Everglades?

0F127157-295B-46B7-93D1-DEE5576516BC.thumb.jpeg.b05806c619d71a9bb380a9d5f229d6ce.jpeg

Official Princess statement as of 6:30AM PST

April 4, 2020 6:30AM PT

Coral Princess Update

Princess Cruises can confirm that Coral Princess will arrive in Port Miami this morning, April 4. Disembarkation of guests is expected to take several days due to limited flight availability. Guests requiring shoreside medical care will be prioritized to disembark first.

Disembarkation for guests who are fit to fly is anticipated to begin on Sunday, April 5. These guests will transfer direct from the ship to Miami International Airport for flights home.

Those with any respiratory symptoms, or who are still recovering from being ill previously, will remain on board until medically cleared by the ship’s doctors.

There are 1,898 people onboard including 1,020 guests and 878 crew members.

Coral Princess departed March 5 from San Antonio (Santiago) for a South America voyage which was scheduled to end in Buenos Aires on March 19. In response to the global spread of COVID-19, Princess Cruises announced a voluntary 60-day pause of operations on March 12, becoming one of the first companies in the leisure travel industry to take this proactive measure.

We appreciate that the operations underway for Coral Princess would not be possible without the coordination and resources of many federal, state and local government agencies. We thank all those involved for their assistance in managing this very complex and fluid situation.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My thoughts and prayers to all onboard and the families who lost loved ones to this nasty virus.  

I suspect there will be alot more ill passengers and crew from the 2 Hal ships and this ship.  Last count I heard was over 250 between both ships plus the 4 who passed away on the zaandam.  

Are there still ships at sea with passengers onboard?

I know the Pacific Princess is moving towards Hawaii and finally the west coast of US, from Perth, Australia.  Have friends on board.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I know the Pacific Princess is moving towards Hawaii and finally the west coast of US, from Perth, Australia.  Have friends on board.

Are they all healthy so far?

With only 650 or so passengers it would seem more likely.

12 minutes ago, Wichard said:

All the interior passengers were moved to a balcony when we quarantined.

That is good to know, but I still would not want to take my chances with that happening.

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I believe they also took some of the World Cruisers from the Amsterdam.

2 minutes ago, chamima said:

Are they all healthy so far?

With only 650 or so passengers it would seem more likely.

As far as I've heard, they have no cases on board.  When I do get a text or email she complains of the horrible internet.  I think she should be happy to be where they are right now!!

• Like 3