Ambulances attending Crown Princess

Cash123

Slightly worrying sight yesterday while waiting on the walkway to disembark the Crown at Pt Everglades we saw 3 ambulances turn up and medical staff enter the Crown in full protective clothing and taking on 3 stretchers. Im hoping that if this was anything to do with COVID-19 then we should be informed by Princess.

Also very lucky in that our Virgin Atlantic flight out of Miami last night appeared to be the last one for a while as todays flight has been cancelled and I would imagine this will be the norm for the foreseeable future, feel sorry for any passengers who are still to disembark.

rob 

1 hour ago, Cash123 said:

Slightly worrying sight yesterday while waiting on the walkway to disembark the Crown at Pt Everglades we saw 3 ambulances turn up and medical staff enter the Crown in full protective clothing and taking on 3 stretchers. Im hoping that if this was anything to do with COVID-19 then we should be informed by Princess.

Also very lucky in that our Virgin Atlantic flight out of Miami last night appeared to be the last one for a while as todays flight has been cancelled and I would imagine this will be the norm for the foreseeable future, feel sorry for any passengers who are still to disembark.

rob 

Why do you think passengers have not disembarked yet. I hope you are social distancing until you hear the all clear about the Crown .

1 minute ago, 2+2 said:

Why do you think passengers have not disembarked yet. I hope you are social distancing until you hear the all clear about the Crown .

Why are you saying "passengers have not disembarked yet" I said we disembarked yesterday that's why I was wondering if anyone had heard anything especially if you live in South Florida, you also say are we social distancing but as there was only about 20 people who saw these ambulances and the medics go onboard what about the other 3000 odd passengers who didn't see anything. 

The thing I have a problem is that if there were any problems then over 3000 passengers have now made there way home and would not be aware unless Princess says anything 
IMG-20200317-WA0023.thumb.jpg.8e466fbdc2c39b70cbd52ef1749bfb3b.jpg
That is not protective gear rated for Covid-19. They were there for something else. You can relax.
  • Like 1

I'm curious why at least one ambulance (I can't read the writing on the other two) from Miami-Dade responded.  Fort Lauderdale is the county seat of Broward County and I would have expected responding emergency services to be from Broward.

Their web site states the company serves Broward County.  Looks like all three are from the same company.  It is hard to tell for sure though.  

We moved from Broward County many years ago, but I do remember the company.  

Many cruise ships are met by ambulances when they reach a port with many possible reasons the passengers/crew need the medical attention.

Just because the virus is the highly visible disease topic of the day, that does not mean broken bones, heat attacks and other medical incidents have ceased.

If the virus had been the suspected medical reason for the passengers the ambulances were picking up, I doubt other passengers would have been allowed to disembark before those three had been tested.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, milolii said:

Their web site states the company serves Broward County.  Looks like all three are from the same company.  It is hard to tell for sure though.  

We moved from Broward County many years ago, but I do remember the company.  

Thanks for that information.  Since I assumed it was the type of ambulance that would respond to a medical emergency, it never occurred to me to look for a website.  I did a little more investigating and learned that public EMT services respond to emergencies (a 911 call) and private companies provide (for the most part) transportation and transfer services.  You learn something new everyday! 

22 hours ago, skynight said:

I believe if these patients test positive for corona then all passengers will be notified so they can take the necessary actions.

That would be a bit of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted wouldn’t ?

Hopefully the medical cases weren’t Corona virus related and the suits were just a precaution because it was a cruise ship.

14 hours ago, milolii said:

Sounds like you are back home in the U.K, and are asking for any local feedback? 

I took it the original poster was asking for feedback from others on the cruise or from anyone in the Miami area that might have heard more information.

15 hours ago, tompeter said:

The garments may just be a natural protection being worn by all ambulance personnel considering the current situation.

That would be my guess. Normal precautions in this time. Full hazmat gear is much more extensive...head cover, face shield, more than a paper cover gown.

Its a normal occasion. They should have been there even when there was no panic about the cruisers. You never know. What if someone got sea sick or got ill on board or suddenly got a stroke. I mean the journey like a cruise is quite hard for both young and old people. Why would you risk ( I mean the government and the city). Its always better to give some sort of support to those leaving the ship. 

15 hours ago, milolii said:

Sounds like you are back home in the U.K, and are asking for any local feedback? 

Yes back in the UK and as others have said if it was a more serious situation im sure Princess would have notified all passengers, it was just a little worrying seeing the 3 ambulances and then stretchers being taken on board.