for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

27 minutes ago, mafig said:

I haven't traveled at all since Covid started, so my question might seem dumb.

Ā 

However, does your flight to Greece require passengers to be vaccinated?Ā  Or your hotel (assuming you are staying in one in Greece).Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

HišŸ™‚ not a dumb question at all. It is all a changing world.......the flight? As long as you have proof of vaccination, no test is needed.Ā  Greece has implemented new policies that are allowing vaccinated visitors with proof........you fill out a form online and need that form to enter the country.

I do not know if the airlines are requiring everyone to be vaccinated.....I think it is set up to have a negative test if no proof of vaccination. I know a mask is required and a test within a certain amount of hours of your flight.Ā  No test needed for me since I am vaxxed up.Ā  And I am flying Business Class so that will make things much better too!

Ā 

As for the hotel?Ā  Yes, I am staying at The Intercontinental......I don't believe they are requiring guests to have been vaccinated but I have to bring my vax card with me and will wear a mask. They do have new protocols in place (from what I have read on their website).Ā 

• Like 2

Hi everyone & happy Monday! Ā Lois I read the thread about royal reversing vaccine requirement, & since I'm an idiot, I posted there too, there's been tons of requirements for travel ever since I can remember, so it's odd that people look at this differently somehow....

Ā 

Cynthia, thanks for your good wishes regarding the flip house... it is so much work lol, & I keep saying I'm too old for this lol, Ā  if I'm not at work, I'm working at that house, Ā we are making good progress though! Ā fingers crossed lol šŸ˜‰

On 6/5/2021 at 8:22 AM, awhfy said:

Iā€™d love to have the pattern for the hand warmers. My friend in Maine has horrible arthritis.Ā 
Ā 

It's a Kwik Sew, #4318. I'm going to work on it soon as I want the back/shoulder one for meeeeee! Nursing is tough work.

• Like 1

Hi girls......well, remember all the stuff we have been through together and now I am having another health issue (or so it seems).Ā  Over the weekend I got a stomach ache--kind of...not really queasy but more in the sternum area...pain would come and go........and since that has now happened for multiple days I thought it would be safer to call my GI Doc.Ā  Not sure if you recall, but last fall I had a bleeding ulcer......now, I don't know the details of what is happening inside me right now but I did see the Dr this morning and he wants to do an Endoscopy so Thursday morning I am having it done.Ā  I like this guy very much.....he has a very calm, type B personality.Ā Ā 

He put me back on something called Famotidine (it is like Pepcid but stronger...prescription) and will be taking that again twice a day. It is supposed to help prevent acid from forming around the stomach area.

Ā 

I also told him about the cruise to Greece......he thinks I should be able to go ahead.Ā  I told him I have been fully vaxxed and Greece is open.Ā  He just said, "long flight to keep a mask on"......I said I know. LOL

Ā 

Anyway, keep a good thought for me.........I was so hoping nothing like that last time would happen again. At least this time I have not thrown up any blood (that is always a good thing).Ā  And he said we don't want that to happen again either.

Ā 

I will let you all know how things go........

Ā 

Thanks for being here.šŸ™‚

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3

Hi Lois, Ā sending good thoughts & cyber hugs your way.. XXXX, Ā hoping that the acid blockers do their job šŸ™‚Ā  after everything you went through last year, this sucks, but hopefully it's been caught in time & can be managed (on top of everything else you are managing) Ā  XXXX

-Debbie

Hi Debbie, thank you so muchšŸ™‚

Ā 

Oh....I did forget something else.........you remember a few months ago I got a new bed.......the longer I have it, the less happy I am with itā˜¹ļø....if you can believe that..........it has 120 warranty and so I am going back to the Mattress store.Ā  I LOVE the fact of the adjustable base BUT......I have been waking up and both sides....basically the hip area......are sore on multiple occassions........it is not a good feeling and I don't think it is me.......I think it is the bed.Ā  I am going to see what they say........I thought the Sealy would be a great choicešŸ˜²

• Like 1

Lois, my positive thoughts are heading up I95 to you, sounds like you are catching this early before you can get into trouble. Ā I hope everything goes well for you Thursday!

Ā 

SherrišŸ™‚

Edited by sjb317

Hi Sherri, thanks so muchšŸ™‚

Ā 

Well, I went to the Mattress store today and a new one is on order.......I am going from a Sealy to a Serta.

• Like 1

Lois, I hope the new mattress works for you, finding a comfy one is tough! Ā Sometime in the next year we need to get new ones, I want to get an adjustable one especially for DH, right now, we have the head of his bed lifted with beach towels under the mattress lol, not very classyĀ šŸ¤£

Hey Debbie, I love the adjustable part.Ā  But something is very funky......some mornings I get up and am AOK.....but other mornings........like today......omg..........I almost started to cry. Both hip areas were hurting and I don't think I need hip replacements!Ā  I think it is the bed.

I am trying the Serta Medium Memory Foam........years ago I tried a Memory Foam and didn't like it but this one felt pretty good in the store.......lets hope for a good sleep without hip pain. It won't be delivered until after I get back from Greece. So lets hope I can get through the next month.

@Lois RĀ  Good luck with your appointment -- I hope there is no serious issue and that you are AOK for your upcoming trip.

Ā 

I guess it is just as well that I still haven't gone mattress shopping yet. I had written down the one you got, but now I will start from scratch. I don't know why I keep putting it off, but experiences like yours make me worry. There are soooo many brands and types (and levels of quality). I really loveĀ the style I have, although it needs replacement. I just worry that whatever I pick won't live up to how perfect this one has been!

Ā 

@Lois RĀ Sorry to hear you are having more health issues come up. I hope it is all resolved quickly and easily. With regards to your hip pain, have you tried sleeping with a pillow between your knees/legs? Look it up...sometimes that can really help. It can take a bit of experimentation to find the right size and firmness...we generally start with a couch throw pillow and go from there...just to help get through the month...

• Like 1

Hi Anita, thanks for the suggestion........I will try but not sure how I will do......it sounds very uncomfortable to have sleep with a pillow between my legsšŸ˜®....maybe it is just me?

52 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Anita, thanks for the suggestion........I will try but not sure how I will do......it sounds very uncomfortable to have sleep with a pillow between my legsšŸ˜®....maybe it is just me?

Lois,Ā  I hope your endoscopy willĀ  go well.

I had four years ago a hip replacement.Ā  When I was in hospital they stressed to keep a pillow between my knees.Ā  I kept on doing it when I got home.Ā  At first I thought I never could get used to it but now I canā€™t be without it.Ā  It makes a differenceĀ for hip and back.

Thank you everyonešŸ™‚......this is just so funky........I don't recall in the first month of the new bed anything like this happening.......If the nextĀ bed is not better? Not sure what I am going to došŸ˜².....guess I will just have to wait and see. Stressing over it won't change anything at this point.

Ā 

Cynthia, yes.......sorry about that..........but remember every bed is different. Maybe it would work for you.

I go early in the morning for the endoscopy........I should be home by early afternoon.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for all the good thoughts.Ā 

• Like 1

@Lois RĀ keeping good thoughts for you that everything goes smoothly! Ā  Ā You may want to mention new hip pains to Dr., Ā  I'm no Dr., but can't help but wonder if it's something they would want to know about...

Ā 

Hoping that next week you will be back to planning your awesome cruise in Greece šŸ™‚

Ā 

-Debbie

Hi girls,šŸ™‚ I am already back home. The procedure went well. I do have an ulcer.....thankfully it is not bleeding. He is putting me back on the meds I had been taking and is sending what he saw to the lab.

From what he told me, ulcers can be caused by 2 main things...........medications that are in the "anti-inflammetory" category....Ibruprophen products (Which I don't take) and bacteria that can grow.......that is why he sending it out to the lab to see if I have some sort of bacteria.Ā Ā 

The meds are a prescription called Famotidine and that should help prevent acid from building up.Ā 

Ā 

I am in no pain (thankful for that too).Ā  He wants to see me in 3 weeks and should have the test results.

And Debbie, I forgot to ask about the hip thing.......actually, I had no pain last night.Ā 

So, I am seeing him on July 1st and hoping he doesn't tell me at that point that I cannot go to Greece.

He knows the trip is on July 6th.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls,šŸ™‚ I am already back home. The procedure went well. I do have an ulcer.....thankfully it is not bleeding. He is putting me back on the meds I had been taking and is sending what he saw to the lab.

From what he told me, ulcers can be caused by 2 main things...........medications that are in the "anti-inflammetory" category....Ibruprophen products (Which I don't take) and bacteria that can grow.......that is why he sending it out to the lab to see if I have some sort of bacteria.Ā Ā 

The meds are a prescription called Famotidine and that should help prevent acid from building up.Ā 

Ā 

I am in no pain (thankful for that too).Ā  He wants to see me in 3 weeks and should have the test results.

And Debbie, I forgot to ask about the hip thing.......actually, I had no pain last night.Ā 

So, I am seeing him on July 1st and hoping he doesn't tell me at that point that I cannot go to Greece.

He knows the trip is on July 6th.

Ā 

Ā 

Hi Lois, glad to hear procedure went well and that you have caught this early. Ā Will you still go on your Chicago trip?

Ā 

SherrišŸ™‚

Hi ya'll.......Melody, I forgot you are in Maine.......and I forgot to wish you a safe trip........so hope the flight went smoothly and you are having a good time.šŸ™‚

• Like 2