for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

OK, went to TJ’s this morning and had a really big holy**** moment that actually lasted for several moments.  Got a lot of stuff however including the Saturn peaches and finally the hazelnut bambas.  Only two  items on my very long list weren’t  in stock. Got the new dill pickle seasoning and a box of the cheesecake mini cones. Let’s see if I can limit myself to only one!. Picked up another pork tenderloin too. Thanks Kat and Melody for recipe ideas.

Lois, good for you getting the second booster. Good idea since you will be traveling. I wonder when we will need a 3rd one? Maybe this fall? I heard that there may be a new version of the vaccine at some point. Probably like the annual flu shot.

Quite a celebration for the Queen. Looks like she is slowly delegating her roll to Charles. 
Sharon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2022 at 2:09 PM, slidergirl said:

I wanted to show everything put together for the wedding.There isn't a way to take a good photo of the dress - it's a coccoon bottom so what you see is actually the back, the front is a few inches shorter.  The hat is my Arlo hat. The shot with the earrings is when I put them in the middle of the dress.  I'm still deciding on necklaces...

You will look so put together!  What shoes?

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

You will look so put together!  What shoes?

It'll be the "classy old hippie lady" look 😸

Haven't quite decided on shoes.  I have my tan cowboy shoe booties.  I have a pair of tan leather espadrille flats.  And, my hi-tops.  I think the hi-top are going to show up for the reception.  The last time there was a wedding reception for this group, flip flops and sneakers were the norm.  

I ended up watching 'Julia' today with my on-demand.  interesting.  with a little tweaking it would be a good addition to a "Women who changed History" class.

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 2

Celebrity is having their first semi-annual sale till mid June. We just saved over $2000 on our b2b in February 2024. Still all the perks. Worth giving it a peek 

Les & I had our second booster shots in midMay. They seem to be getting easier, no reaction. Melody

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Celebrity is having their first semi-annual sale till mid June. We just saved over $2000 on our b2b in February 2024. Still all the perks. Worth giving it a peek 

60% off second passenger doesn't help this solo traveler at all, unfortunately....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, that dress would look great with the shoe booties & espadrilles, especially with that hat. Country casual

I'm glad I have time to think it over.   Since our town back there is a farm town, "Country Semi-Formal" is what I'm going for.  How rural are we?  Well, last week was the "Bring Your Tractor to School" day for the high school kids - the lot was full!  The hs is out in the fields, not in town.  It would have been a perfect 'Footloose' school.  

I found a pair of jean shorts that are actually hemmed and not distressed.  I first saw them when I was looking on QVC, but I also so an ad for that same brand on my FB.  Liverpool.  The Kristie high-waist.  By buying on Liverpool instead of QVC I got a 20% off for first purchase.  I think I'll be happy with them.  I had to have them for the trip back for the wedding - it's jeans and jeans shorts back there.  

OOTD:  it's sunny for now and will get cloudy as the day goes on, high of 75.  So, i'm going to bring out my running skort, a sleeveless T and my trail runners to get out and take a little trot on the trails.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I first saw them when I was looking on QVC, but I also so an ad for that same brand on my FB.  Liverpool.  The Kristie high-waist.  By buying on Liverpool instead of QVC I got a 20% off for first purchase.

I like Liverpool -- have a full length pair of jeans and a cropped pair from them. They fit me well.

• Like 1

I realized I'd better start thinking about upcoming work trip to Germany and France...

Normally I don't make trips like this one to Europe in summer. Some of the offices I'll be in do not have A/C and can have the occasional heat wave.  😕  But I still have to look somewhat professional. Shoes must be very comfortable; will be on my feet a lot going from place to place (and using public transportation).

Instead of my usual black, I am going to try to put together a navy "capsule" wardrobe. I've got a couple pair of Eileen Fisher ink (dark navy) crepe pants that travel well -- one in full length and one is a dressy crop. Those will be my base. I also have a dressy navy knit jacket (JJill Wearever, it travels well) and a very lightweight linen knit navy cardigan that looks polished.  Underneath, a couple of shells and short sleeved blouses in various prints coordinating with navy. Also plan to bring a dressy long-sleeved blouse that can go to a nice dinner or two on its own. IF I have room I may also pack a short-sleeved navy linen raglan sweater with some fun navy-print pants for a change.

I have nice, dressy navy loafers but I also plan to wear these a lot -- I'm on my second pair of these Cole Haan sneaker/oxfords -- they look so cute in person and are EXTREMELY comfortable when you just flat-out cannot wear a walking or hiking shoe.

W10586_D.jpg

• Like 1

Cynthia - those shoes look very nice - looks like a knit spectator.  They should be good for everything.  

For your daytime shirts, think about using tanks and Ts to wear under the jacket.  When I had to do a month in june down at the Westin Hilton Head, this is what i did, as I had to be in a suit for work.  Hot as sin in the lobby because the Front Door was always open.  I'd wear one for work, then again when I had a couple of hours off,  You can always spiff it up a notch with a scarf. Just a suggestion,

This is the Lyon trip, right?  Take notes for me for food!!!

• Like 1

Hi girls, Kat, I had never even heard of that brand of jeans before. Glad they work for you🙂 And Cynthia, I like those shoes too.😃

Well,  I decided to go shopping today----I forgot what it is like to shop on a Saturday LOL......I just don't do it much at all anymore.  I went to Kohl's and Bealls and found a few different things. Kohl's carries Jockey brand and that is my brand for panties.......100% cotton and fits me well. Needed some new ones. And I got a pair of Lee cargo crop pants but not sure I am keeping them. I usually try stuff on in the store but today I brought it all home first. They fit me ok but when I looked in my closet I have another pair of almost the exact same ones......so I may return them.  Got a top to match but don't like how it looks so that is definitely going back. Thought it looked good with them in the store but when I put it on? Just didn't do anything for me.

Then I went to Beall's and found the pj's I wanted! They are separates but that is ok with me. The top is blue and the pants are a cute sort of palm tree print and they even have pockets! They are cropped pants and are soft cotton.🙂 I also saw the cutest crop pants from "Democracy".....I really like this brand. They are lightweight cotton in sort of a cargo style. Nice print--a muted floral, if that makes sense. And got a solid top to go with them. These will work for me on excursions👍

Hope all of you are having a good weekend.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

For your daytime shirts, think about using tanks and Ts to wear under the jacket.  When I had to do a month in june down at the Westin Hilton Head, this is what i did, as I had to be in a suit for work.

Exactly what I was planning -- you read my mind. 

• Like 1

It looks like we are all into shopping mode!   I THINK I'm done, but I never know.  Got the shorts, got the white shirt, got the dresses, got the shoes, got the Ts & tanks...  And, I'm all set with new shirts to wear for work next Winter!!!  At least, that's what I tell myself for a justification 😸

Up next - emailing my hotels to try to make some dinner reservations at places that don't book online or via email.  I've got 2 in Florence.  And I do have to decide when and how long I need to do my car rentals, 1 for Provence, 1 for Bologna for sure.  I think I can train around to other places.

ootd:  cloudy but warm (upper 60s), thunder boomers this afternoon.  Leggings and a Tshirt will suffice, with a baseball hat when I go to the market.  Supposedly, Wednesday - Saturday will have temps in the 80s, getting to 86 on Saturday!!!  Those temps used to happen here only 2 weeks in August - why a lot of us do not have A/C...  

• Like 1

Long drive home yesterday from VA but it was not too bad, weather was good and traffic was fairly light for a Saturday. Had a great time with grandkids but kind of nice to be home!

My husband leaves Thursday to fly to Australia with our 16 year old grandson.  Ben has permanent resident status in Australia but had not been able to go stay with his dad since right before pandemic, so he has to be in the country before July 1 to maintain his status.  So lucky husband gets to make the 14 hour flight from LAX.  I could not go as my passport was expiring next month.  I sent it in back in for renewal in April but did not get it back in time to book flights.  Got it yesterday😂😂

You all are inspiring me to maybe do some shopping!  Kat, I love the earrings,

they really go well with your dress!   

Tomorrow is bone density test day followed by yearly mammogram.  Can’t wait🙄

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 3

Hi Sherri, and don't forget his flight from here in FL to LAX........5 hours fly time.  When does he come back home?

I should have said welcome back🙂.

I am still wondering how Debbie is doing...........hope she is ok!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, and don't forget his flight from here in FL to LAX........5 hours fly time.  When does he come back home?

I should have said welcome back🙂.

I am still wondering how Debbie is doing...........hope she is ok!!!!

Thanks, Lois.  My husband will fly up to Minneapolis to pick up Ben on the 9th, then they  fly on the 10th to LAX to Sydney to Melbourne and  return on June 25.  I did this trip with Ben in 2017, took me several days to recover.😂

I have been thinking about Debbie, too, and am hoping the same!

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, glad you had a good visit with your grands.  Yes, that sounds like one looong trip. Too bad you couldn’t go too since they will be there for 2 weeks. Nice that they can break up the trip a bit with an overnight in Mpls. 

I too have been thinking about Debbie and hope she is doing ok.

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

Sharon

Lois, I watched Julia last night and really enjoyed it except some of the dishes just made me so hungry. Interesting to see all the talk shows that she was on and their hosts. 

Also watched The Windsors just before Julia.. The family relationships are interesting and it gave some insight as to why Megan had some issues relating. 

Hope you aren’t having problems from the tropical storm.  I know you are pretty far north but I haven’t heard today if the storm is still over FL.

Sharon

6 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Long drive home yesterday from VA but it was not too bad, weather was good and traffic was fairly light for a Saturday. Had a great time with grandkids but kind of nice to be home!

My husband leaves Thursday to fly to Australia with our 16 year old grandson.  Ben has permanent resident status in Australia but had not been able to go stay with his dad since right before pandemic, so he has to be in the country before July 1 to maintain his status.  So lucky husband gets to make the 14 hour flight from LAX.  I could not go as my passport was expiring next month.  I sent it in back in for renewal in April but did not get it back in time to book flights.  Got it yesterday😂😂

You all are inspiring me to maybe do some shopping!  Kat, I love the earrings,

they really go well with your dress!   

Tomorrow is bone density test day followed by yearly mammogram.  Can’t wait🙄

Sherri🙂

I had both of these last month,  pretty easy.  I just did my mindfulness breathing during the bone densithy to keep from being bored...

With the shopping i've done lately, I'm going to look pretty spiffy this summer and at work this winter!  But, a spiffy old hippie lady 😸

Found a new favorite cocktail - the Aperol spritz.   Got all the stuff at home and gave it a try.  yummy.  I'll be drinking this over in Europe, for sure.  

Watching the Watergate documentary now.  Brings back some memories.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

I have Julia and the Stanley Tucci shows all recorded, plan to binge them while husband is traveling.  Also, I have several seasons of Call the Midwife to finish up, I need to stock up on some munchies for watching all of them.😂

Fastest mammogram I have ever had, I was at the clinic for less than 30 min for both bone density and mammo.  Took me longer to drive there than get tested!  

Rest of day is just the usual gym and walking with a little house cleaning in between so OOTD  is exercise clothes.  My husband still has his equipment from his law enforcement days, I told him I kind of feel like I should start wearing one of  his bullet proof vests when I go out. 😬

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Wow.  The folks at my hotel in Florence did a great job of getting reservations for me!   Osteria del Cinghale Bianco was totally booked already (51 days out 🙀), but asked if I'd be OK sitting at the bar.  I actually like sitting at the bar, so I got a seat at 10pm.    Today, they called Sostanza to see if they still do lunch and booked me one day.  I've already had dinner there (scrumptious), but I wanted to try the artichoke omelette and thought lunch would be a good time for that.  I have my confirmation for a wine dinner and transportation out to the Andrea Bocelli concert too so I don't have to worry about driving back to Florence at night.  It sure seems that Florence is fleshed out well.  Katie Parla recommended a colleague of hers for a food tour, so I'm thinking about that, too.

Of and on rain and sun today.  OOTD:  leggings and a tank top.  lazy today, but I do have to put up all my little camping things into a big box to get them out of the living room,  yes they are sitting on the floor in the living room.  Advantage of being solo!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sjb317 said:

I have Julia and the Stanley Tucci shows all recorded, plan to binge them while husband is traveling.  Also, I have several seasons of Call the Midwife to finish up, I need to stock up on some munchies for watching all of them.😂

Fastest mammogram I have ever had, I was at the clinic for less than 30 min for both bone density and mammo.  Took me longer to drive there than get tested!  

Rest of day is just the usual gym and walking with a little house cleaning in between so OOTD  is exercise clothes.  My husband still has his equipment from his law enforcement days, I told him I kind of feel like I should start wearing one of  his bullet proof vests when I go out. 😬

Sherri🙂

My LEO son recommended I wear a ballistic vest 🙄