for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Kat, enjoying your pictures and details of your adventures. News reports saying how hot it is in Europe with fires in many places. I know you are experiencing the heat but I hope that the fires are not near your itinerary. Wishing you continued amazing travels.

Sharon

Hi Lois, yes it just seems that the older we get the longer it takes to get over medical issues. Remember how quickly our bumps and bruises healed up when we were kids? I hope each day brings you closer to a full recovery.

Yes, I too miss Debbie and hope she is doing ok. I think about her often.

I have not used Instacart however, your experience just doesn’t sound good at all. I have used Target’s Drive Up service and have always had a good experience. We don’t have super Targets here but the grocery dept. in the Targets here have a good selection of items. I don’t think I could do all my shopping there but it’s been great for many items including non food items. There is no charge, no up charge on items and no minimum purchase. Target employees are the ones gathering and bringing orders to your car. If you would like to give them a try, just download their app. 
Sharon

4 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Kat, enjoying your pictures and details of your adventures. News reports saying how hot it is in Europe with fires in many places. I know you are experiencing the heat but I hope that the fires are not near your itinerary. Wishing you continued amazing travels.

Sharon

Yes, it is freakin hot.  It’s 92 right now at noon.  Cooler than yesterday.  It was 81 last night at 10pm when I was at dinner and it felt cool!  Waiting until later to head up into the hills.

Today is the antique market.  Again, good thing I don’t have any space.  Jewelry, silver, crystal, oh my.  Wandered some streets behind my apartment and found a small farmer’s market.  Picked up some cherries and a fougasse ( a savory pastry with goat cheese).  

124C3B1F-0C8F-4B8C-8E34-DD24BF6EA35A.jpeg

E2AA119E-9523-44B5-9BB6-5D248B4848E3.jpeg

83D5D1C2-FEC7-497E-9FB3-7C420733A698.jpeg

3C93B7E7-D266-4719-8428-7710F83C9B69.jpeg

61E69077-32FB-4A69-9C21-0A5B77DCC961.jpeg

8DA76078-F38E-44BD-BEC0-8E8C4DF323DA.jpeg

B225938C-E478-4DB5-9A56-6FC6D1BB13F9.jpeg

D5B4312C-F512-408D-B559-FB1E99B492C1.jpeg

71C099E7-8AB0-497B-824C-A7161E284931.jpeg

34035D81-8499-4E2D-99F0-06347F3AEC14.jpeg

CEA94D61-1ED4-4B52-8D45-1A8687E38FEC.jpeg

46B647E2-9855-465C-8C92-45E540FC41F1.jpeg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

A smart idea. 

For some reason, I had this hazy idea that those "smart" bags had been banned due to issues with the batteries and/or tracking system used (I think some of them were), and I didn't look into it further.

I certainly would recommend it to others traveling though. Anything to help keep tabs on your bag. 

The smart bags are banned because of lithium batteries. This is a tag that you insert into the inside of the case or attach to the outside

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Kat, loving your photos🙂

Sharon, thanks for the Target tip!😃

Our daughter had a bad experience with InstaCart too. She now does the online orders & picks up at the store. 

Loving all the photos, Kat! Do you collect silver and crystal? There were some lovely items. Always fun and interesting to explore local outdoor markets. Hoping the temps cool down as you continue your trip.

As for heat-well over 100 degrees predicted for today. Just hope PG&E can keep the power on! Our a/c is already on and that usually doesn’t happen until later-it’s only7:27 am!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Our daughter had a bad experience with InstaCart too. She now does the online orders & picks up at the store. 

Well, I decided to go to Publix this morning.......Sunday at 9am is a good time to shop.(not busy). I used the cart as my crutch and was able to walk around ok. Got what I needed and came home.  I didn't realize I could have them shop for me and I can just pick up everything. Thank you for the heads up🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Loving all the photos, Kat! Do you collect silver and crystal? There were some lovely items. Always fun and interesting to explore local outdoor markets. Hoping the temps cool down as you continue your trip.

As for heat-well over 100 degrees predicted for today. Just hope PG&E can keep the power on! Our a/c is already on and that usually doesn’t happen until later-it’s only7:27 am!

I don’t collect but I love looking at it.  
Only 97 today.  Spent the afternoon literally wandering through the area around Sault.  Heard there were still good lavender fields up there.  Google maps took me all different ways, on little roads and through little villages.  I have no clue where I was, but it was a nice drive and Google navigated me right back to my parking garage.  Didn’t come home same way- no idea how that happened.  I found a few nice fields.  
Cynthia- I saw somewhere that a bunch of that luggage is being brought to Detroit for sorting and hopefully delivery.  

8966533A-99CD-47E3-B333-8361EBEB3C53.jpeg

06047018-983E-4DAA-87E4-48D5F22F56B3.jpeg

72F1B3FD-61F9-4D78-8063-AA29AFE88181.jpeg

BD9A89E6-01C4-41A4-878C-0F8AF00E23D4.jpeg

27212651-66BE-4906-99D6-FF7BFAB9AD83.jpeg

3BBA3384-1F61-4814-8E6C-424A545CB2C7.jpeg

• Like 3

Walmart also offers online ordering and store pickup. They have designated spaces for pickup and your order is brought out to you.  This seems to be very popular because I see multiple Walmart employees filling orders each time I go into the store.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Walmart also offers online ordering and store pickup. They have designated spaces for pickup and your order is brought out to you.  This seems to be very popular because I see multiple Walmart employees filling orders each time I go into the store.

Thanks for the post.🙂 I am a Target Shopper but I am guessing there are plenty of folks who go to Walmart on here.  My local Target is actually only about a 2 minute drive away😃...well, maybe 5 if I catch every light LOL.........but I have a Target much closer than the closest Walmart.

Well, I am doing a happy dance. I finally got my suitcase back!!!

I do not think it would've happened without intervention from Delta (I have FF status).  I spent hours on the phone with them, with KLM and trying to reach the courier. In the end I think it was Delta's escalation that got them to deliver the bag.

At any rate, the bag is fine and everything is inside so I am feeling extremely happy -- and lucky -- today!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I do not think it would've happened without intervention from Delta (I have FF status).  I spent hours on the phone with them, with KLM and trying to reach the courier. In the end I think it was Delta's escalation that got them to deliver the bag.

At any rate, the bag is fine and everything is inside so I am feeling extremely happy -- and lucky -- today!

Good news…..finally! I’m happy that Delta came thru’ for you. 

14 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

Kat, great pictures of the lavender fields. That must have been a lovely drive. 

Hi Sharon, I was thinking the same thing............those fields look beautiful😃

21 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Same here, it’s already mid 90s here & its 6:15am. Miserable

15 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Yay!! Great news!!!

15 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Good morning, that is fantastic🙂. Glad you got it all back!!!!!!!!!!

16 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon, I was thinking the same thing............those fields look beautiful😃

Hi Lois, I forgot to ask Kat if she could smell the lavender during her drive. Although as hot as it is there, she probably had the windows up and a/c on🥵!

How is your leg feeling today? Good that you were able to shop for yourself. I much prefer that over someone else doing it for me but glad that option is available when needed.

Sharon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Same here, it’s already mid 90s here & its 6:15am. Miserable

Well, only 80 here at 8:10  am🙄. We are used to high temps during the summer. However this is particularly hot now and looks like we have several more days of really high temps still ahead. It was 109 yesterday and 107 predicted for today. Just heard that only about 5 % of the homes in Europe have a/c so their heat wave is certainly serious. I guess we take the a/a for granted here- until there is a power failure. So far so good here🤞

The Washburn fire in Yosemite is at the 50% containment stage so that’s good news but the smoke is impacting the valley and the air quality, while ok at the moment, gets worse as the day goes on. Yep summer is just delightful here!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jhsocal said:

If you have to go out, what clothing or material do you find most comfortable

Depends on what I’m planning to do. Working in yard technical tshirt & technical shirts & big hat today. I’m done now tho, just too hot. 99 at 10am

What I hate about the heat here at this time of year is that it doesn't really cool down overnight. There's no morning "grace period".  Not that I'm a morning person anyway, but at least in spring or fall you get that little lift when you open the door and feel the cooler air.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jhsocal said:

If you have to go out, what clothing or material do you find most comfortable

I’m in CA too-central valley. As Melody said, it depends on what I’m going to do and if I will be outside for any length of time. I stick to light colors and fabrics and weights that are meant for hot weather. Mostly cotton but I do have several pairs of 32Degrees Cool ankle pants that work well in the heat.(Costco a few years ago). Of course we don’t have the humidity that many deal with so that helps.

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 1