for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

It’s a two shot vaccine. Shingles can be very, very uncomfortable. If you’ve ever had chicken pox you can get shingles. I’m surprised your doc hasn’t recommended that you get the shots

Good morning, Iooking back, I don't recall speaking to him about it. 

44 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Curious how much we're talking?  In the hundreds?  Thousands?  

I have meant to get the shot now for several years, but first there was COVID, then all the vaccines and boosters. I do want to get around to it soon.

Each shot should be less than $200,  would probably be a little higher if you were to get it at your doctor’s office.  

I have not had it yet,  I’ve been too busy getting covid boosters!😂.  When the shingles vaccine first came out, it was only about 40-45% effective so I chose not to.  The new shingrex 2 dose  is better, about 65-70%, so when I can work it in around my other vaccines, I plan to do it.  My husband had his years ago and had no problems.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't go into town, so no vaxes yesterday.  i went the other way, down the Valley to pick up a package that wasn't available for pickup last Thursday.  it was upper 90s down there - i wouldn't have felt it except the back of my neck was sweating.  Stopped at TJs to see if they got more pumpkin things in.  Got the cream cheese, but they didn't have the bagels yet.  The Customer Service guy said that both stores in SLC should get that delivery the end of the week.  i did get some sparkling water and apple cider.   and, i went to the italian/spanish food store to do a little browsing for olive oil and balsamic.  didn't get any balsamic but I did get  some EVOO.  And, some interesting potato chips from Spain that were Iberico ham-flavored.  they were really good!!!  A very subtle taste to then and thin and crisp.  Torres was the brand.  looks like amazon has them, too.

Turns out that my Gigi Pip hat store is a couple of doors down from the food place.  yes, i knew that going to Caputo's.  Ended up with a new hat for Fall and Winter, the Zephyr in Cream.  It has a very similar profile to the summer Arlo that i wore all summer long.  now i have 3 different profiles in 3 different colors so i should be good for the Fall and Winter.  The Zephyr doesn't have a hatband, so I can play with different things to go with my outfits or match my mood.   

regarding shingles vax;  I think many of us are old enough to remember being sent to play with the kid who had mumps, pox, measles, so we'd get it and be done with it.  Well, that's how we did it in my little farm town.  So, I know I had it all.   When I got my first incident of shingles, there was no vax and no one covered the pills, so they were VERY expensive and not totally effective.  I dealt with it.  Right on the middle of my lower back, where your pant tops would go.  Couldn't wear even sweats and every time I moved, it hurt worse.  like i said, it's the one thing i wouldn't wish on my enemy.  Get the vax!!

Cool and rainy today and supposed to be that way the rest of the week - upper 60s during the day and mid/low 40s overnight.  Ahhhhhh.

OOTD;  had to go out to get my coffee this morning (no cream at home), so I put on jeans and one of my plaid flannel shirts and my Olu Kai slip ons.  Got home and changed into my joggers and a Tshirt.  

• Like 2

The Dr's office called me back and I now have my first vax for shingles  scheduled for tomorrow morning. The Pharmacist said the 2nd shot should be between 2-6 months after this first one and yes my Insurance covers it👍

• Like 4

Lois I’m relieved you’re getting the shingles vaccine. With the health issues you’ve faced the past couple of years getting shingles would be miserable. Neither Les nor I had any reaction from the first injection. The second injection was a different story for both of us…our doc had warned us not to plan anything important for a couple of days afterwards…he was right. Melody

Good morning all.  

Beautiful morning - have those low-hanging clouds over the hills and mountains, kind of like fog.  Crisp air with that smell of rain.  For now, it has taken away the sight and smell of all the smoke we had blown our way from the Western wildfires.

i ran out to get my coffee again this morning.  But i stopped at the market and picked up cream so i'm good to go at home again.  it was hard paying $10 for a 20 oz nonfat latte and a scone!!!  once in awhile it's ok, but not everyday!!!

Fashion question;  Besides that cable knit vest i'm hunting for, i'm also looking for a pair of dark/medium gray leggings.  i want to wear them for work as i'm getting a little tired of black.  i'm not a high-waist fan and that seems to be all I find.  not looking for Athleta/lululemon/Sweaty Betty ones, but ones to wear out.  if anyone has any ideas, let me know.  

OOTD:  jeans and a black longsleeve tshirt.  i'll change when it warms up.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Just got this from Chicos (online sale only). Thought it’d be great for my Christmas & Valentines cruises 

0283723A-B509-41BE-A02A-E350C392DF73.jpeg

Hi Melody, love that color!🙂....and so far, my only negative to the shot is a sore arm.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Your dress looks lovely on you, Melody, and red is a good color for you.

Sherri🙂

Thanks!  I was a red head & have always shied away from red. My husband really liked this dress

• Like 1

Hi Everyone

The red dress is lovely ,I usually wear black but think I should wear more colour.

I managed to spend my $250 amazon voucher yesterday.

I got a toy for our grandson for Christmas ,some Dame lash and eyebrow serum and some Clinique moisture surge spray .

I have started following a lovely lady from USA with the same illness on Instagram and she recommended the dame serums so hopefully the will work.She is very inspirational ,exactly the same age as me ,57 and an ex Miss USA .

Better go put my Lululemon on and go for a big walk after a blood test, then eyebrow tint and then a facial which is a gift from my Mum ,luxury!

Have a good weekend all 🙂

Good to see you are all getting boosted and shingles vaccinated ,I will next year after this is over.

• Like 2

Just finished an unpleasant week work-wise. Double booked for things all week and even missed an evening event I really wanted to attend due to the need to work late. 😒

Two weeks from today I leave for my BTB cruises -- I will be gone 3 weeks on my longest trip by far since COVID.  Today I am trying to make decisions on what to take so I can get anything necessary to the dry cleaner.  I did find the missing black pants, thank goodness...

I got my COVID booster and flu shot yesterday, one in each arm. So far no real effects other than the "COVID" arm being just slightly sore.  I don't know what they're going to do about vax cards -- with 2 shots and 3 boosters, mine is now full, lol.  

I just noticed Nespresso has a pumpkin spice seasonal variety. It's everywhere!!!! 🎃 I may stop by TJ's later if I feel motivated when running errands. It has been a bit cooler here all week but the temps are creeping up to the 90s again starting now.

• Like 2

Cynthia - good on you for finding those EF pants!!  

The vax cards - the local Walmart just gave me a new one when I got my first booster as the way the card was filled out for my original 2 took up the whole card.  i just carry both.

Supposed to have our first day of Balloon Fest, but the weather did not cooperate.  At least the balloons did inflate so people could see them.  Hope for better weather tomorrow.   

For my love of things pumpkin, I am not a fan of pumpkin spice coffee.  I think I prefer my coffee "naked" with just cream.  otherwise, they are too sweet for me.

I found some leggings!!  pact, one of the websites i frequent, had gray organic cotton ones on sale for $20.  Couldn't beat that.  if they don't work for work, I can wear them for just getting around town.  

OOTD: leggings & a long sleeve T for now - it's in the 40s but will get up to upper 60s later.  

• Like 2

Hi girls from rainy north Florida. I am sitting in the salon waiting for a hair cut. I always arrive early and my girl is always late lol. This time she is here but is still working on the customer before me.

Anyway, Cynthia, congrats on the pants. I know you love EF.  And I know you must be getting excited for the cruises.

Sherri, how is the kitchen?

Hope all of you are having a good weekend😀

26 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls from rainy north Florida. I am sitting in the salon waiting for a hair cut. I always arrive early and my girl is always late lol. This time she is here but is still working on the customer before me.

Anyway, Cynthia, congrats on the pants. I know you love EF.  And I know you must be getting excited for the cruises.

Sherri, how is the kitchen?

Hope all of you are having a good weekend😀

Well, nothing happened this week, I guess they won’t do anything else until the counter tops are ready to be installed.  They did come put a lockbox on the front door so we could leave a key for them.😂. Designer has  promised me it will be done before Thanksgiving🙄

It’s been rainy here this week, too, Lois.  I read some parts of Brevard County had over 8 inches of rain in a very short time a few days ago.  Caused some flooding on Merritt Island.  We have had very little rain all summer but now, too much!

Cynthia, glad you found your pants!😂. Have a great cruise x 3 weeks!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Hi Lois, just wanted to tell you ArriveCan was very easy to do.  I set up our account last week and up loaded our passports  and vaccine cards.  The rest of it has to be completed no more than 3 days before embarkation, I was able to complete it tonight.  It did not take longer than 10 min, if that.

All packed and ready to leave in the morning! 

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Hi Lois, just wanted to tell you ArriveCan was very easy to do.  I set up our account last week and up loaded our passports  and vaccine cards.  The rest of it has to be completed no more than 3 days before embarkation, I was able to complete it tonight.  It did not take longer than 10 min, if that.

All packed and ready to leave in the morning! 

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, glad you got it all done and wishing you a wonderful cruise😀

Hi Everyone,

I think I’m kinda behind here!
Sherri and Cynthia, wishing you safe travels, good weather and amazing experiences.

Mr T, I hope all is going well with your treatments.

Melody, love the red dress-you look great!

Sounds like lots of vaccinations happening. We got our bivalent booster a few days ago. I felt kinda yucky about 24 hrs later. Tired with a slight temp and the usual sore arm. All but the sore arm gone the next day. So now I’ve had flu and covid vaccinations. That should be it for awhile. Already had all the Shingles vaccinations.

Lois, glad you got your first shingles vax and that your insurance covered it. BTW,  the Medicare and You book is out for ‘23 so hopefully you will receive a copy soon. I can’t remember how far in advance of turning 65 that I received one. 

Thanks to all for the comments on the Half Ironman. DS is thinking about doing the NY Marathon. I’m not  sure how he will fit that into his schedule along with all the other things he takes on in addition to family and work.

It finally cooled down here and i couldn’t resist putting out the fall garden flag and fall wreath. Also picked up fall plants for the pots near the front porch.  Not sure the hot weather is behind us so maybe I will have to pretend it’s fall?

Needed a few things from TJ’s and they had the bagels along with some other pumpkin items. Needless to say we left with more than the few thipngs we stopped for🙄.. Kat , hope your next trip to TJ’s is more successful. BTW, can’t believe that it’s time for you to start planning for your “work” season. 

Again , Bon voyage to the cruisers. Would love to be  going along!

Wishing all a good week.

Sharon

OOTD yep, pulled out a fall tee and added some navy ankle pants. Just a bit of make up.

• Like 1