for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Crazy Time has officially arrived at the condos!!!   People are still leaving their brains and common sense at home when they come for vacation!  It was a busy and long day today.  We are supposed to be getting one more person maybe next we  Can't wait!  

If anyone down in Florida wants to borrow one of my parkas for the next few upcoming days, let me know!   Maybe you'll even get some snow to go with those temps in the 20s!!

Anyone making a TJ's run - the Peppermint Creme candies are supposedly heavenly.  I bought a box of athem and took them to work - they are snarfing them up like nobody's business.  They are like Pepermint Patties.  

OOTD:  my pumpkin-colored Delancy straight cargoes from Athleta, my big white sleeveless hoodie from 
Athleta,  a 25-year old base layer from YMX Yellowman that looks like tattoo sleeves, and my OluKai shoes.  

• Like 1

The weather here is going to be ridiculously cold for us over the holidays. We were going to leave for Florida on Friday but now are scrambling to leave tomorrow as Friday morning it is going to be 10 degrees and potential icing/snow flurries!!!  😱

Just polished off the last of my TJ's eggnog and am wrapping presents, doing wash and packing. Better this than getting stranded here on Friday.....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WELDON said:

For the Stanley Tucci fans, I saw on the news this morning his show has been cancelled. No reason given.

😢

I read a few weeks back something about CNN cutting costs -- they weren't going to fund any more 'original series' but would use their own talent for specials, documentaries, etc.

Maybe Stanley just cost too much. (But he's worth it!)

51 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

😢

I read a few weeks back something about CNN cutting costs -- they weren't going to fund any more 'original series' but would use their own talent for specials, documentaries, etc.

Maybe Stanley just cost too much. (But he's worth it!)

Hi, I think he is trying to get another network to pick it up but don't know if that will happen and I don't know which network it would be either.

Melody - I had to chuckle at the "Drizzle" prediction at -15!!  That I'd like to see.  A friend who lives in Aurora did the "throw water in the air and watch it turn to snow" trick and posted it.   We lucked out here in UT - it was cold last week, but nothing like what everyone is getting this week.  Got another 3 inches of snow overnight, a foot of snow in front of my driveway, thanks to the snowplow.  Ugh.    Everyone - take care if you have to drive!!

I'm still browsing around, looking for potential vacation ideas.  Something is telling me I should just stay Stateside and do another camping road trip.  But, Europe is calling, too.  

OOTD:  Black Woolx leggings and my Pittsburgh Penguins Winter Classic jersey/sweater.  My gray Chacos booties.  

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 7:41 AM, awhfy said:

Ask your doc for a prescription for cough pearls (Tessa something)

Don't know why this never posted..... new topic below---

Here in Bremerton, WA -- temp was 17 this AM....snowed a few days ago & we're stranded on our hill.....furnace quit sometime during the night.  Thank heavens this has happened before & hubby knows how to fix it --- he's had to do it 3 times today already....temp in house is now up to 62 - from 55.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

And Melody, Kat and anyone else in bad weather regions, please be safe. I saw a reporter this morning in Denver.....omg, it looks horrible out there!

-35 with windchill. 1:30 pm & still below zero. I’m baking away

EC6B5894-BD07-48F9-B7D6-2287FC7FE50D.jpeg

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Melody - I had to chuckle at the "Drizzle" prediction at -15!!  That I'd like to see.  A friend who lives in Aurora did the "throw water in the air and watch it turn to snow" trick and posted it.   We lucked out here in UT - it was cold last week, but nothing like what everyone is getting this week.  Got another 3 inches of snow overnight, a foot of snow in front of my driveway, thanks to the snowplow.  Ugh.    Everyone - take care if you have to drive!!

I'm still browsing around, looking for potential vacation ideas.  Something is telling me I should just stay Stateside and do another camping road trip.  But, Europe is calling, too.  

OOTD:  Black Woolx leggings and my Pittsburgh Penguins Winter Classic jersey/sweater.  My gray Chacos booties.  

My drizzle was 6” of fluffy white snow

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

Don't know why this never posted..... new topic below---

Here in Bremerton, WA -- temp was 17 this AM....snowed a few days ago & we're stranded on our hill.....furnace quit sometime during the night.  Thank heavens this has happened before & hubby knows how to fix it --- he's had to do it 3 times today already....temp in house is now up to 62 - from 55.

Stay safe

• Like 1

We made it to VA last night, saw several accidents on the way up which was a little surprising as the roads were dry.  Very rainy and cold here today but it looks like we are going to miss out on the snow and ice.  And I guess we are missing out on temps in the low 30s at Satellite Beach!

Wishing for everyone a very safe and Merry Christmas or Happy whatever holiday you celebrate!  Stay warm!

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

Hi girls, well, it looks like this cold weather thing is all over the country. Even my area, which is North Florida is getting hit......we are going down into the 20s tonight and tomorrow morning. I think they said the high will be about 38 or 39........guess what I am doing? NOTHING......not leaving the house.........

Besides tomorrow is Christmas Eve and even local traffic is terrible😮.  I went to the grocery store earlier this week so have what I need.

Hope all of you stay safe!!!!!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, awhfy said:

We’re up to -14 this morning & forecasters saying 50s for Christmas!

We're supposed to be up to 38 day after Christmas, then stay in the upper 20s and off & on snow for 6 days and the low in the teens each night.  About right for this time of year.

• Like 2

Hi all

It sounds very chilly over there ,its summer here and it has been a slow start but nice and warm today.

My husband and I have just returned from the lake to prepare for Christmas as it is Christmas Eve here.

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas Day .

Today I am wearing my old navy shorts that I got in Santa Barbara while we were there on our cruise in May as it was hot and I had not packed for the warm weather.There were not as many shops there as I remembered from years ago.

Love the cruise pictures Melody,looks very relaxing.A great time to get away from the pre Christmas craziness 

• Like 2