for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hello all

Well we are on our summer holiday at our lake house with all the family and sadly the weather has been terrible , such a bad summer here so far , but still nice to be here.You are mostly having a very cold Winter and down here a cold , rainy summer. I feel sorry for the cruisers visiting NZ.

I had my last chemo on 30/12 and have been very tired , but its only a week so hopefully I will feel better every day and my hair will start to grow back , now all I have to do is have a CT scan on Jan 19th which I am anxious about as you can imagine .

Lucky Lois must be on her cruise now, we have loved our silversea cruises .

Melody loved your cruise photos , looked lovely.

At the moment im living in my active wear as its comfy and Im trying to keep active .

• Like 4

Kat, good news about your car. Always a relief when an otherwise expensive repair is covered by the manufacturer. You can rest easy now that everything has been taken care of especially with the winter driving that you do.

Melissa, congratulations on completing your treatments. Wishing you good results on the 19th. I will keep you in my thoughts. Even though your weather isn’t the best right now, relaxing at the lake is still a good thing.

Lots of rain happening in CA. Badly needed but it comes with consequences when we get so much all at once. Mud and rock slides and flooding. The ground is so saturated that the winds cause trees to fall over. It looks like we can expect one storm after another.

Still working on taking down Christmas decorations. No, it isn’t because I put out a lot but rather I’ve just been a bit lazy about it all. Also have worked  on reorganizing things hoping it will be easier next time.  That remains to be seen.

Take care all.

Sharon

• Like 1

Sharon - all that weather is making it's way from CA over the Sierras to Utah.  It just isn't quitting this year.  It's so sad that we can't capture more of that precipitation - we all need the water desperately to fill out reservoirs.  But, too much too fast and it only causes more damage.  

My car blasted up the mountain today - it felt so good to have the Kat Car (yes, that is it's name) power up the road at 50mph.  Brought a smile to my face.  

Melissa - keep up the good work on attacking your illness.  sorry that the weather did not cooperate with your holiday.  

Melody - your daughter loves to wear leggings, right?  She needs to look at the down/alternative mini skirts to put on over the leggings.  so very cute and camouflage any "camel toe" and keep the butt warm.  Mountain Hardware, Smartwool, and Backcountry have cute ones.  We're using them as part of our "uniform" at the Lodge.  Amps up the usual leggings & hoodie and gives a little sass.  

OOTD:  black leggings my teal mini skirt (from Mountain Hardware), one of my Woolx hoodies and my weathered tan moto boots.  Sassy and fun. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Lots of rain happening in CA. Badly needed but it comes with consequences when we get so much all at once. Mud and rock slides and flooding. The ground is so saturated that the winds cause trees to fall over. It looks like we can expect one storm after another.

We have had much the same here. Terrible rains and storms earlier this week. Big swings in temperature. And then this happened on the road just near my company's site in Athens GA:

image.thumb.png.e034f5d107da892ed0b45cf027c044c8.png

Yep, a big ol' sinkhole opened up and swallowed a car.

Did I mention that I'm never, ever going in to work again?  😱🤣

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Hello all

Well we are on our summer holiday at our lake house with all the family and sadly the weather has been terrible , such a bad summer here so far , but still nice to be here.You are mostly having a very cold Winter and down here a cold , rainy summer. I feel sorry for the cruisers visiting NZ.

I had my last chemo on 30/12 and have been very tired , but its only a week so hopefully I will feel better every day and my hair will start to grow back , now all I have to do is have a CT scan on Jan 19th which I am anxious about as you can imagine .

Lucky Lois must be on her cruise now, we have loved our silversea cruises .

Melody loved your cruise photos , looked lovely.

At the moment im living in my active wear as its comfy and Im trying to keep active .

Continued good wishes for ease of days & coming out of that chemo fog. Athleta & Soma have lovely sales going right now on line fir active wear & at home (sleep) wear. 

thanks Melissa. Melody

9 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Sharon - all that weather is making it's way from CA over the Sierras to Utah.  It just isn't quitting this year.  It's so sad that we can't capture more of that precipitation - we all need the water desperately to fill out reservoirs.  But, too much too fast and it only causes more damage.  

My car blasted up the mountain today - it felt so good to have the Kat Car (yes, that is it's name) power up the road at 50mph.  Brought a smile to my face.  

Melissa - keep up the good work on attacking your illness.  sorry that the weather did not cooperate with your holiday.  

Melody - your daughter loves to wear leggings, right?  She needs to look at the down/alternative mini skirts to put on over the leggings.  so very cute and camouflage any "camel toe" and keep the butt warm.  Mountain Hardware, Smartwool, and Backcountry have cute ones.  We're using them as part of our "uniform" at the Lodge.  Amps up the usual leggings & hoodie and gives a little sass.  

OOTD:  black leggings my teal mini skirt (from Mountain Hardware), one of my Woolx hoodies and my weathered tan moto boots.  Sassy and fun. 

Daughter has worn those for years. She teaches HS PE. 

7 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

We have had much the same here. Terrible rains and storms earlier this week. Big swings in temperature. And then this happened on the road just near my company's site in Athens GA:

Wow!!

Hi girls, just checking in to say hello😀. We are in San Juan today but I have no plans to get off the ship. Weather is lovely and have met some really nice folks

Hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 1

Hi Lois, glad to hear you are having a good cruise.  Have a great and safe journey!

wow, Cynthia!  That sinkhole looks very scary!  I did not realize Georgia has issues with those, they can be huge here in Florida!

Sharon, sounds like you had a fun holiday with granddaughter and ready to go again!  We may be flying up to Minnesota for a few days later this month, our son in Australia told us over NYs he had booked a flight to Minneapolis to spend 2 weeks with his son.  I am hoping to find a decent price for flights as soon as son decides if he wants us to come there or meet him in Indianapolis.  

Melissa, all I can say is HURRAY!!!! 🎈🎈🎈Hope you are starting to see improvement from side effects!  I will be thinking of you on the 19th!

Love the holiday family pictures, Melody!  Your daughter looks so much like you, same eyes, same smile!  

Kat, you are braver than me, driving up and down those mountain roads, snow or no snow!  Good thing your car is back in top shape!

And Christie, welcome back!  The hours you put in working through December make me so glad I retired as my unit always seemed to be short staffed November through December.  And if we did have a day with extra staff, we always had to float to another unit, everyone hated that!

OOTD: Gym clothes as I am going as soon as I finish this!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, just checking in to say hello😀. We are in San Juan today but I have no plans to get off the ship. Weather is lovely and have met some really nice folks

Hope everyone is doing well.

Did you guys dock in front of the Sheraton?  

On 1/6/2023 at 10:06 PM, cruisemom42 said:

We get nasty winter potholes in the roads.  Maybe 3-4 ft wide and deep enough to swallow half of your tire and really do a number on your axle.  It's like playing "dodge the landmines" lately.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Did you guys dock in front of the Sheraton?  

Good morning, I think so but not positive. I never actually looked except to say I know we were not at the Pan American Pier so yes, we were downtown. 

Today we are in St Barts. It is a tender port and once again, I don't plan to get off the ship.

Tonight is The National Champtionship game and they are showing it in the main theater😀 Go Dawgs!

It was a white knuckle drive home tonight.  It's been dumping snow since about 1pm.  They closed the Mine Road (the one I tried and turned around on the other day), so I had no choice but take my least favorite road down.  They could have at least plowed that road!  Another 5-10mph drive, winding down the hill.  It took me 45 minutes for what is normally a 20 minute drive.  Melody - it's coming your way!!!

OOTD:  black stretch pants and my white & black hoodie.  After wearing a dress & my boots yesterday, I just wan't inspired.

• Like 1

Kat, we’re only expecting about 2-3”. Our mountains are expecting 2-3 feet. 

Lois that was an awful game we turned it off 60 something to 7 in a championship game?  Awful. I love St Barts, some lovely shops to peruse

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, we’re only expecting about 2-3”. Our mountains are expecting 2-3 feet. 

Lois that was an awful game we turned it off 60 something to 7 in a championship game?  Awful. I love St Barts, some lovely shops to peruse

Good morning, it was not awful if you are Bulldawg but I get your point. TCU was no match for Georgia and got steamrolled from the start. Yes, it was 65-7. Nobody was expecting that kind of beat down.

Anyway, we are in St Kitts today.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Lois, you are really having a relaxing cruise! Since the ports aren’t new to you, it’s a good opportunity to just enjoy all the ship has to offer. 

Sherri, I hope you find good fares if you end up going to Minni. You know they have lots of winter activities there. They are a hardy bunch up there. We spent the month of January there during the Polar Vortex and on the days when it got above about 20 degrees it was amazing to see everyone out and about. 

Gosh, Kat, your commute is kinda scary this time of year. What is the difference in altitude between your home and the condos?

Cynthia, that sink hole is awful. Hope those in the car were  ok. I guess it does give you a reason to work from home. With all the rain here, we have  had mud, rock slides and smaller pot holes here but I haven’t heard of anything like that sink hole happening here in our area.

Melody, how are you doing? I think you had some medical issues to deal with. Hope you are doing ok.

Christie, I hope you are enjoying your calmer schedule while you plan for your cruise.

Melissa, hope you are feeling better each day and enjoying your holiday.

We are still dealing with the rain storms-one right after the other. So far, we have been spared the kind of damage that some parts of the state has had. I had to laugh last night when a report on the national news identified a large rock and mud slide as occurring in Ventura when it actually happened in the mountains above us. Had the reporter taken notice of the sheriff’s car also in the picture, they would have known it wasn’t Ventura. Unfortunately it cut off the route that many need to take to reach the valley. 

Take care all.

Sharon

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 11:25 AM, sjb317 said:

And Christie, welcome back!  The hours you put in working through December make me so glad I retired as my unit always seemed to be short staffed November through December.  And if we did have a day with extra staff, we always had to float to another unit, everyone hated that!

We were down four RNs and also had three more out on medical leave. Two planned, one not.

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

Christie, I hope you are enjoying your calmer schedule while you plan for your cruise.

More likely catching up on my reading and getting my life back. Last week was still busy, but this week is terribly slow, except for Friday when I'm off. Then we were a month behind uploading documents into patient charts. I learned how to do that to both make myself more indispensible and to get more hours in. And plan my next vacation.

• Like 3

Another hair-raising drive home from work last night.  The primary road was closed again so I had to take the windy way home.  Ugh.  And, there is another supposed storm coming in from California around Monday,  More snow than I've seen in years!  Melody - it may be coming your way!!

If anyone ever needs a parka for a cold-weather cruise or trip or just at home, look up "the Amazon Coat."  A few of my owners have it and even my neighbor has one.  They love them.  Since I don't own an actual parka, (just my Patagonia down sweater jacket), I took the leap.  I got the Orolay brand one *there are 2* in red with the faux fur hood collar (detachable).  I love it!  Wore it yesterday - I was nice and toasty in the blowing snowstorm.  Around $150.  

OOTD:  sweats and a tshirt.  Not going anywhere.

• Like 1

Doing a little post-holiday shopping online over the past few days. Athleta has a good sale going. I ordered another pair of the Delancey cargo pants in a wheat color, and a cardigan in blues and blacks.

I'm also toying with ordering a small table for my bedroom to use as a vanity -- there is no "vanity" area in my bathroom where I can sit and put on makeup, pluck eyebrows, etc. I've been missing that.

We had some strong storms blow through here on Thursday, tornados in some areas. A colleague had a large tree fall on her house but luckily it only grazed one corner. Still substantial work to remove it and repair the damage. The storm sirens were going off -- very loud and scary as they are a lot closer to my condo than they were to my house. Afterwards the temps dropped really fast overnight. Friday was one of the few days where I could've used Kat's recommended coat, lol.

I hope Lois is enjoying her cruise. 

• Like 2

Good morning girls, Cynthia yes, having a very enjoyable time😀 Today and tomorrow are the final 2 days, both at sea and we dock in Ft Lauderdale Monday morning.

I did put deposits down on multiple sailings yesterday😃 and the next one is in April and will be visiting Istanbul for the very first time! Sailing out of Athens for 10 nights.

Have met some very nice folks on this cruise which is always a good thing😀

Hope all of you are doing well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning girls, Cynthia yes, having a very enjoyable time😀 Today and tomorrow are the final 2 days, both at sea and we dock in Ft Lauderdale Monday morning.

I did put deposits down on multiple sailings yesterday😃 and the next one is in April and will be visiting Istanbul for the very first time! Sailing out of Athens for 10 nights.

Have met some very nice folks on this cruise which is always a good thing😀

Hope all of you are doing well.

Lois - would you like to finance a "Send Kat on a Cruise" fund??? 😸  I'm jealous of all your cruising!   How was this "lazy" Caribbean cruise?  It sounds nicely relaxing.  

Well, the animals have arrived for the MLK weekend.  5 families who all know each other and each one has probably 4 kids!  Went through hot cocoa like rainwater yesterday.  They attacked my cookies and then my cheese & salumi plates like vultures on roadkill.  I had to pull out my "mean Auntie" a couple of times to keep kids from trying to turn on the  convection oven to melt snow, have an indoor snow fight...  The parents were all sequestered in one of the units getting drunk.   Then, the adults went out to dinner, leaving the kids to their own devices and Domino's pizza.  There is one responsible girl that I know from her stays - she was trying her best to keep the herd relatively mellow.  At least they all leave on Monday.  And I have Monday off!!!   Then, next weekend starts the circus known as Sundance...  I'm not ready for it!

More snow on the horizon starting early this evening.  Maybe another foot in 24 hours.  Sigh.  I'm falling behind on my shoveling.  I only did enough to make a space to get my car in and out.  

OOTD:  Something that I can run around herding kids!!!  Black yoga pants, a long sleeve Tshirt and my Patagonia vest.  Running shoes 😉

• Like 1

Kat, is there a fee you can charge the families of unruly kids?  

Lois, sounds like an exciting trip to Turkey. 

I worked (as timer) for my daughter’s swim meet yesterday. I brought homemade M&M cookies for after the meet. My granddaughter is on the team, she giggled when I came in with the box (she knew what was in it).  Melody

• Like 1

Melody - I wish I could charge for unruly kids.   They were in the lounge late afternoon, watching the football game.  OMG.  I think they took 10 years off my life with the screaming they did when the 49ers had a good play.  I didn't make extra cookies for them, though.  They had to do with the 2 dozen I already baked and they gobbled up!  

I remember the days of working swim meets.  Runner, timer, yes indeedy.  

Taking a "lunch break" at 6:15pm - I brought some turkey jerky that I bought at TJ's.  It's soft, chewy and a little spicy.  And it's just the Original, not the Teriyaki.  Sometimes I just like to have turkey jerky - protein, low fat, decent carbs.  

We are supposed to have some amount of snow about every other day for the next 2 weeks.  HELP!!!!  I've already had more snow than I wanted to have.  

• Like 1

Hi girls, last day on the ship. I have had a really good time sans 1 person who was really rude to me. But that was much earlier in the cruise and I have not interacted with him since that time. Sometimes people are just mean.

Anyway, I am all packed with the exception of dinner tonight and clothes for tomorrow.

I get home about 3 tomorrow afternoon so will check in again after that time.

• Like 2