for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi Lois,

I am in the Coral Springs area. The club is mostly comprised of women in their 50s - 90s. It's not run by a city. It is a private group. Most people hear of it by word of mouth. You should try an internet search.  

Hello all

It is very hot here ,we have had our turkey for Christmas and a ham and all the extras on a hot summers day ,strange tradition.

I have my last chemo tomorrow which is a big relief and then we head to the lake to join our family on Jan 3rd for a holiday ,hopefully I will feel ok .Most New Zealanders have a holiday at this time of year.

I hope you are all managing to stay warm, we have been hearing about the storms in the USA

I also wonder how Debbie is doing.

take care 🙂

• Like 4

Melissa, good luck with your LAST chemo!!  Hope you breeze right thru it

Lois, great itinerary. So many of my favorite islands. On the volunteering, start small it can overwhelm even if you don’t think it is!

Kat, good you’re there, a less experienced hospitality manager might have let it go to keep the peace. Rules are rules, even for the ‘entitled’

Janet, sounds like a fun group you have. My Mom had a group like that it was called Old & New (no one ever admitted they were old). It was a group for ‘good works’

Sharon, thanks. You’ve have an eventful year

i, too, miss Debbie. Melody

Hi there.....well, I decided to go to Trader Joe's earlier today and got 6 items.  

I know a few of you who love their stuff🙂

I will let you about my choices afterwards.......I got some of their spinach sour cream dip, along with some pita crackers.

I got a frozen quiche with mushrooms and spinach

I got a frozen french style flatbread with mushrooms and cheese

And 4 artichoke tarts (frozen).

2 different ladies nearby told me that the flatbreads are delicious and they buy them all the time.

I leave here on Wednesday for my cruise and didn't want to get too much "fresh stuff" and not eat it all before I leave and their frozen products all look so good.  

Oh I forgot, I was looking at the cheese section and they had one of my most favorite......it is called Port Salute (for anyone interested).......it is a VERY creamy,

mild, french cheese that is DELICIOUS!!!!........

I will wish everyone a happy new year tomorrow night and Sunday🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi there.....well, I decided to go to Trader Joe's earlier today and got 6 items.  

I will let you about my choices afterwards.......I got some of their spinach sour cream dip, along with some pita crackers.

2 different ladies nearby told me that the flatbreads are delicious and they buy them all the time.

I leave here on Wednesday for my cruise and didn't want to get too much "fresh stuff" and not eat it all before I leave and their frozen products all look so good.  

Oh I forgot, I was looking at the cheese section and they had one of my most favorite......it is called Port Salute (for anyone interested).......it is a VERY creamy,

Lois -- love the TJ's flatbreads. I agree, they do have great cheese selections too. 😄

• Like 1

Tomorrow evening DS and I are going out for NYE to Revival, a restaurant owned by Kevin Gillespie (of Top Chef fame).  Looking forward to giving it a try. 

We finally worked our way out of the deep freeze -- had very low water pressure for a couple of days after a big water main froze and busted. We were very lucky to get a miss with the ice here this time around.

I have no travel planned for the next three months....after that my Japan cherry blossom cruise looks like a go in April.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lois R said:

Mmm, Port Salute on water wafers, yum!!!

My EGD went ok, ulcer has healed!  Hiatal hernia is still there, I’m scheduled for several more tests in January. Hooefuky it can be corrected with medication instead of surgery. 

we’ll get Chinese food for dinner (take out) & maybe a glass of good vino). 

happy & healthy new year to all. Melissa, you’ll kick off the celebration!!

• Like 3

Yay Melody!!!  Indeed a good way to start the New Year!

Just a quick "Happy New Year" before I leave work and head down the hill home.  It's nasty out there right now - it's coming your way Melody...

dinner is  the leftovers of my TJ's sous vide turkey and TJ's dressing that I just couldn't eat last night.  

• Like 1

Good morning, thanks Melody, you too🙂wishing all of you a very happy and healthy 2023.........

I hope we can all stay on this thread and sometimes New Year's can be hard for folks. I want to thank all of you for being here.

image.jpeg.2b2f5710a63dcacd8d8dcc8adc83517a.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, how was dinner?🙂

It was great -- it's fun to try new places. I've lived in this area so long that I tend to have favorite go-to places. This was a nice change, very cozy (restaurant is in an old house) and they had limited the number of people so it wasn't packed. The food was sort of "nouvelle southern" so instead of Hoppin' John for example, they had Hoppin' John fritters with smoked tomato aioli. (Hoppin' John is a traditional Southern New Years dish for anyone who doesn't know...).  We both had duck as our entree -- delicious -- and their special beignets for dessert. 

• Like 2

Happy New Years ladies!  Let's hope we keep this going on.

Today was NOT a good day,  First time in 8 years that I couldn't make it up the mountain to work.  A good foot of snow on my driveway - my little electric plow couldn't do it.  My good neighbor with a big snowplow came across the street and helped out.  It was a mess on the roads.  Local radio said the Mine Rd had just opened so I started up.  Saw some cars headed down so I thought all was OK.   The road sure didn't seem plowed, though.  A mile up the road, saw that access gate was still down and cars were turning around.  A bus was stuck, and 2 cars ahead of me slid into the side of the snow pile.  I lucked out and was able to turn around.  I had 4 wheel lock and my downhill brake support working.  Maybe 5 mph max back down 

the road, trying hard to keep control and not slide.  Fortunately, it went ok.  Called work and said I wasn't coming in.  Man, my hands and biceps hurt from holding on so tight and stiff!!!  I even cried a little.

At least I can make my pork and sauerkraut tonight.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Today was NOT a good day,  First time in 8 years that I couldn't make it up the mountain to work.  A good foot of snow on my driveway - my little electric plow couldn't do it.  My good neighbor with a big snowplow came across the street and helped out.  It was a mess on the roads.  Local radio said the Mine Rd had just opened so I started up.  Saw some cars headed down so I thought all was OK.   The road sure didn't seem plowed, though.  A mile up the road, saw that access gate was still down and cars were turning around.  A bus was stuck, and 2 cars ahead of me slid into the side of the snow pile.  I lucked out and was able to turn around.  I had 4 wheel lock and my downhill brake support working.  Maybe 5 mph max back down 

the road, trying hard to keep control and not slide.  Fortunately, it went ok.  Called work and said I wasn't coming in.  Man, my hands and biceps hurt from holding on so tight and stiff!!!  I even cried a little.

Really glad to hear you made it home safe. Conditions like those would scare the $#%& out of this southerner!

• Like 2

Hey y'all, I'm back! We are through the craziness of Nov/Dec at an ambulatory surgery center. I've worked late multiple times in the last month and was exhausted.  We started the season down three RN positions, then lost another to childbirth, one to a knee replacement (both planned abscences (SP?) and one more to emergency medical conditions. That's two rooms of staff that we didn't have. I think we are all exhausted and ready to start the new year.

We got pretty cold, but not as cold as some of y'all. My Mom-in the Ozarks-was all the cold I wanted to know about. I don't think I went outside for three days. I hate to see our gas bill this month. 

We did Christmas on the 23rd with DD/DGD/DSO and DD's BFF and her mother. DD and her BFF have been friends since the 7th grade-they're 34 now-and she calls me Mom 2.0. I call her Daughter 3.0. I made matching themed shirts for all of us with only one mistake on seven shirts. We made Sugar Cookie Sparkler drinks and had pizza/appetizers/dessert. We had a wonderfully relaxing time.

Now to start our annual healthy start of the year including Dry January--as soon as I finish the glass of wine next to me. Got to get skinny for my 60th birthday cruise in April!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Kat, never good when the gate is closed. I was a paramedic in Boston for 6 years & I’ll drive in just about anything, but when the gate is closed, go home. Glad you made it home safely. Melody