for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Lois, The same thing happened to me when I returned from my cruise in January. I called my handyman and he used a tool that made the disposal work. It looks like an S shaped tool. He told me this can happen when a disposal isn't used. It worked like a charm.

If your plumber doesn't try to reset (not sure of the term) your disposal and wants to sell you a new one, please mention your disposal wasn't used for a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

Welcome home , Lois! Your August cruise sounds like one I would like to do. Sorry about your disposal situation. Janet mentioned a tool that worked for hers. Our disposal came with a tool to use. Not sure it’s the same one but I think it’s used to us jam the unit. We’ve never had to use it so I don’t know just how it works. Maybe the owner’s’ manual would have info? Some units also have a reset button on the unit itself. Hoping yours can be fixed and doesn’t need replacing.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Purple, looks like you really enjoyed your birthday cruise. I hope your DH can work out his surgery plan so he can enjoy your daughter’s wedding.

I see that there were still a few cherry blossoms left in one if your ports, Cynthia. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Good luck with your MacBook, Kat! I had an issue with my router. It kept asking for the password with some of my devices. However it said the password was incorrect. Was concerned that someone had hacked into it and changed the password. Couldn’t sign into the ap because my phone was not using my router so wasn’t recognized. Finally just unplugged the router and all was ok when I plugged it in.🤷‍♀️ Good thing because I had no idea what else to try. Hope your fix is as easy. As for trying to remember how to fix these things, I kave to keep notes on my printer fixes. It does crazy things from time to time😵‍💫

Weather warming up and that is causing flooding concern as the snow pack melts. The rivers are running very full and all recreational use is prohibited.  Can’t remember it ever being like this in all the years we’ve lived here.

wising all a good week ahead.

Sharon

• Like 2

Good morning, just got off the phone with the plumber and the gal was very nice....she asked me if I had tried to re-set it but I cannot find a button and I am NOT getting on the floor to look under the sink.

I used a flashlight but don't see anything. Anyway, they will be here this afternoon so that is a good thing. Hopefully it will be a quick fix.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Purple, looks like you really enjoyed your birthday cruise. I hope your DH can work out his surgery plan so he can enjoy your daughter’s wedding.

I see that there were still a few cherry blossoms left in one if your ports, Cynthia. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Good luck with your MacBook, Kat! I had an issue with my router. It kept asking for the password with some of my devices. However it said the password was incorrect. Was concerned that someone had hacked into it and changed the password. Couldn’t sign into the ap because my phone was not using my router so wasn’t recognized. Finally just unplugged the router and all was ok when I plugged it in.🤷‍♀️ Good thing because I had no idea what else to try. Hope your fix is as easy. As for trying to remember how to fix these things, I kave to keep notes on my printer fixes. It does crazy things from time to time😵‍💫

Weather warming up and that is causing flooding concern as the snow pack melts. The rivers are running very full and all recreational use is prohibited.  Can’t remember it ever being like this in all the years we’ve lived here.

wising all a good week ahead.

Sharon

Sharon - with any electronics, I always unplug, slowly count to 30 then plug back in.  When that fails I’ll go to the ‘net and look for troubleshooting hints.  Did this with the MacBook but nothing worked.  

Cynthia is on her way back from Japan.   Then we start up next batch of cruises.  We’re quite the cruising group now.  

It is “pick up the meds and sundries” day.  And a rain/snow day.  So OOTD will be jeans, T-shirt and my new Patagonia rain shell.

• Like 1

Hi girls, the plumber came and the disposal is now working fine and now I know where that switch is too. Oh well, at least I know I didn't need a whole new disposal. The whole thing only took him about 5-7 minutes.

I had a Caribbean cruise booked for Feb 2024 but just found out the ship is being chartered so looking for another cruise and my gal at SS gave me some fun news. I have never done the Panama Canal before and they are having one in April (a year from now) so I am thinking about taking it. It would be my longest cruise ever......23 days🙂 sails from Ft. Lauderdale ending in Vancouver and would transfer my deposit from that charter to this cruise so already reducing the price and they are having a 25% Single Supplement on this sailing too! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, the plumber came and the disposal is now working fine and now I know where that switch is too. Oh well, at least I know I didn't need a whole new disposal. The whole thing only took him about 5-7 minutes.

I had a Caribbean cruise booked for Feb 2024 but just found out the ship is being chartered so looking for another cruise and my gal at SS gave me some fun news. I have never done the Panama Canal before and they are having one in April (a year from now) so I am thinking about taking it. It would be my longest cruise ever......23 days🙂 sails from Ft. Lauderdale ending in Vancouver and would transfer my deposit from that charter to this cruise so already reducing the price and they are having a 25% Single Supplement on this sailing too! 

That sounds like a fabulous cruise Lois!!

Hi Melody, yes, I think so too. I just keep going over what I would have to do before going away for 3 weeks.......but then I realize, it is a year out and I really don't need to worry about that at this point in time. And worry is really not the right word......if you know what I mean. get all my bills taken care of before I leave, etc...etc...etc.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, yes, I think so too. I just keep going over what I would have to do before going away for 3 weeks.......but then I realize, it is a year out and I really don't need to worry about that at this point in time. And worry is really not the right word......if you know what I mean. get all my bills taken care of before I leave, etc...etc...etc.....

When I retired we put all of our monthly bills (utilities, insurance, phone etc) on automatic bill pay. We get an email a week or so before they’re do in case we have an issue with one. It’s been very convenient. Melody

Good news Lois, about your disposal. Even better news about the possibility of a Panama Canal cruise. We did one a few years ago. It was 19 days-Fort Lauder dale to San Diego. Loved it. 

Sorry about your laptop, Kat. Yes I’ve used google many times-usually pretty helpful and not just for techie stuff.  When so you leave?

Today is fairly warm so blue ankle pants with gray tee.

Take care all,

Sharon

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

Good news Lois, about your disposal. Even better news about the possibility of a Panama Canal cruise. We did one a few years ago. It was 19 days-Fort Lauder dale to San Diego. Loved it. 

Sorry about your laptop, Kat. Yes I’ve used google many times-usually pretty helpful and not just for techie stuff.  When so you leave?

Today is fairly warm so blue ankle pants with gray tee.

Take care all,

Sharon

I fly to Seattle Friday morning.  Board the Eurodam Saturday afternoon.  
I think I’m taking my Osprey roller bag instead of my Cotopaxi carry on.  I’m not doing any trains or walking, just plane to hotel to ship.  I can’t lift my bag into the overhead anyway ( the shoulder is really bad lately), so I’m not going to fret taking my Osprey.  

• Like 2

Welcome back to those who have just finished cruising and enjoy your cruise Kat,I love hearing about all the different cruises and destinations.

I will google the Osprey roller bag Kat ,I think my samonsite is going to be too big for my five weeks in Europe with two cruises and a bit of train travel in Italy .I just ordered a new money belt from Amazon ,so starting to get prepared.

Its now four months since my last chemo and I am going to have a consultation at a hairdresser tomorrow to see if anything can be done with my very short hair ,so I can feel confident without a hat or wig 🙂

• Like 1

Hi all -- I'm baaaaack!

Feeling pretty jetlagged today after the longest day EVER yesterday.....literally. It was Monday for about 36 hours for me due to the date line and all the time zone changes. I actually arrived back at home airport BEFORE I left Tokyo, lol. 

Lois, I think you'll enjoy a longer cruise. I'd never been on one for 28 days like the Japan voyage, but honestly it seemed like about the same level of difficulty as one of my 2-3 week trips/cruises in Europe. Getting the bills taken care of is one of the key points, for sure.  Your British Isles cruise sounds great. I might even have to look into it with the low solo supplement. Which ship is it on?

I also may as well say that I'm going to be retiring from my current job in two weeks. I decided the time was right earlier this year but didn't want to say anything until all the details were worked out.  Feeling pretty happy about the decision, and I have a whole lot of things swirling around in my head -- travel, projects I've put off doing for my new condo, things in the community I'd like to get involved with, etc. So -- on to the next chapter!

• Like 3

Good morning girls, Cynthia, welcome home🙂 The ship is Silversea "The Dawn". I have sailed her twice before and she is one of my most favorite ships! The cruise starts on August 27th and ends on Sept 8th.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi all -- I'm baaaaack!

Feeling pretty jetlagged today after the longest day EVER yesterday.....literally. It was Monday for about 36 hours for me due to the date line and all the time zone changes. I actually arrived back at home airport BEFORE I left Tokyo, lol. 

Lois, I think you'll enjoy a longer cruise. I'd never been on one for 28 days like the Japan voyage, but honestly it seemed like about the same level of difficulty as one of my 2-3 week trips/cruises in Europe. Getting the bills taken care of is one of the key points, for sure.  Your British Isles cruise sounds great. I might even have to look into it with the low solo supplement. Which ship is it on?

I also may as well say that I'm going to be retiring from my current job in two weeks. I decided the time was right earlier this year but didn't want to say anything until all the details were worked out.  Feeling pretty happy about the decision, and I have a whole lot of things swirling around in my head -- travel, projects I've put off doing for my new condo, things in the community I'd like to get involved with, etc. So -- on to the next chapter!

Oh wow, I missed that last part......yes, yes, CONGRATS on your upcoming retirement!!!😀 FANTASTIC!   I just retired in Dec 2019 and have not missed it one bit(work)..........I hope you love it too!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning girls, Cynthia, welcome home🙂 The ship is Silversea "The Dawn". I have sailed her twice before and she is one of my most favorite ships! The cruise starts on August 27th and ends on Sept 8th.

oh well -- that wouldn't work for me. I am on a cruise already that doesn't end until August 30th...

12 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Welcome back to those who have just finished cruising and enjoy your cruise Kat,I love hearing about all the different cruises and destinations.

I will google the Osprey roller bag Kat ,I think my samonsite is going to be too big for my five weeks in Europe with two cruises and a bit of train travel in Italy .I just ordered a new money belt from Amazon ,so starting to get prepared.

Its now four months since my last chemo and I am going to have a consultation at a hairdresser tomorrow to see if anything can be done with my very short hair ,so I can feel confident without a hat or wig 🙂

My bag is the Osprey Sojourn 60 wheel backpack.  Not made anymore.  They do make others.  It’s 26x 14x 9 so not too big.  Got it I think I’m 2010 when I went on a Kenyan safari.  Love it.  

Have you thought about doing a fun color?  I’ve seen many “mature” women rocking their hair that way.  Have fun with it! 

Cynthia- congratulations on retirement!!!

I think I’m the oldest here (69) but I just can’t give up working totally. 

have to run down to the valley today.  It’s sunny and not snowing so I should be good.  Have to stop at REI to pick up waterproofing because no one had it up here.  And I think I am going to buy an iPad  to upgrade my 2015 one and have something bigger than this phone to type and read on.  

OOTD:  jeans, long sleeve T, my Merrill Chameleons.  

• Like 2

Ok.  I couldn’t help myself.  Went down to the valley.  REI stop.  Got my waterproofing.  But wait, there’s more.  Got a new Cotopaxi hybrid vest - half Sherpa fleece, half poly fill, with typical Cotopaxi color mix.  And 3 more socks since more Wrightsocks came in.  And another SPF long sleeve shirt.  Then I went to the mall to the Apple Store and picked up an iPad (my eyes and fingers thank me!).  Walking back to the car I spy the Cotopaxi store.  Ended up with a little hip bag/crossbody.  No more shopping!!!

I think I will pack tomorrow.  Play with setting up the iPad this afternoon.  I did get my Osprey bag out and ready.  

• Like 1

Congratulations on your retirement Cynthia.

Shame the don't make that bag anymore Kat ,especially as we are sailing on the Sojourn.

My visit to the hairdressers went well and I am booked in next week for a tidy up and a colour ,don't think Im brave enough for any other colours Kat ,so it will be blonde .

Two more days until you head off Kat ,I don't leave until July 22nd!

A long time to wait but time for my hair to grow some more and another check up to get through

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MrToblerone said:

Congratulations on your retirement Cynthia.

Shame the don't make that bag anymore Kat ,especially as we are sailing on the Sojourn.

My visit to the hairdressers went well and I am booked in next week for a tidy up and a colour ,don't think Im brave enough for any other colours Kat ,so it will be blonde .

Two more days until you head off Kat ,I don't leave until July 22nd!

A long time to wait but time for my hair to grow some more and another check up to get through

I want to do some color streaks but my stylist won’t let me.  We’d have to bleach it to be able to hold bright color and my hair would break.  So I make do with natural red streaks in my brown hair.  

• Like 1