for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Glad I’ve laid in supplies. It’s going to be wicked cold till next Wednesday. -10F this morning (shd go up to 20F) tonight thru Tuesday is supppsed to be -20 -30F with highs of -10F. Going to be a good weekend for football (Go Miami), casseroles & Netflix!!!

Hi Melody, I am rooting for the Fins too but I am really po'd about NBC only televising their game on Peacock☹️. I am not signing up to pay extra for it so won't be able to watch...........I have a feeling Kansas City is going to win though. This is the first time in history a playoff game is not  on regular tv.......

😠I am really not happy.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, I am rooting for the Fins too but I am really po'd about NBC only televising their game on Peacock☹️. I am not signing up to pay extra for it so won't be able to watch...........I have a feeling Kansas City is going to win though. This is the first time in history a playoff game is not  on regular tv.......

😠I am really not happy.

We get Peacock free from our phone provider or we wouldn’t have it either. I don’t like the trend for games to be on pay channels either. 

The saga continues!  Les took a nasty fall in bathroom this morning, luckily didn’t hit his head & landed on the shoulder that we go to ortho surgeon next week. I’ve ordered him a mobility walker. The pain from the kidney is causing severe sciatica down his left leg & it keeps going out on him. 

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

The saga continues!  Les took a nasty fall in bathroom this morning, luckily didn’t hit his head & landed on the shoulder that we go to ortho surgeon next week. I’ve ordered him a mobility walker. The pain from the kidney is causing severe sciatica down his left leg & it keeps going out on him. 

Oh no....things keep going downhill for you guys...time for a break (& no, not a real one).  (((HUGS)))

• Like 1

Amazon came thru admirably & he’s now the grumpy owner of a bright blue walker (with seat). He’s already said, ok this is easier than canes or crutches. 

IMG_7737.png

• Like 2

Oh dear, poor Les.  Give him my love.  Does he have a recliner chair?  That's going a be a best friend to him after his shoulder surgery!  I had a friend recommend one to me before my first surgery years ago.  I loved that chair!  Lived in it for weeks.  Trying to sleep with shoulder surgery is brutal - the recliner makes it almost tolerable.

We're not as cold as CO, but we've got a Winter Storm Warning still in effect until Monday at 5pm.  Yesterday was brutal - the wind was howling and causing whiteouts.  Not fun skiing for my owners and guests.  Not fun driving home last night.  2WD cars slipping & sliding down the Mine Rd, wind blowing snow over the roads and couldn't see.  Took 45 minutes for my 10 mi drive last night - usually 15-20.  Tonight was a little better with no winds, but the roads weren't very plowed when I went down.  Only 30 minutes to get home tonight.  At least my driveway is getting plowed!!

OOTD:  My black flowered hoodie (I love that thing!), my black jeans and a new little scarf/bandana to keep my neck covered and a little warm when the door opens in the lobby and lets all that cold air in.  

• Like 1

I came back from my cruise yesterday. Very nice trip, everything went smoothly. RC Oasis class ships are my favorite. Great entertainment, something for everyone.

Melody - So sorry to hear about Les. Just as you are getting a handle on one thing, something else happens.  Hopefully, the walker will give him some stability and make getting around easier. 

You asked about Symphony OTS. I didn't think this ship was decorated and attractive as other Oasis class ships. I thought Harmony was prettier. My favorite is Allure. Otherwise, the service was excellent, many things to keep folks busy, and overall, no complaints about anything. 

• Like 2

Kat, every piece of living room furniture we have (on both levels) is a power recliner!!  I’ll get him back into our family doc tomorrow, tge sciatic pain & weakness is very troubling. The walker is making a huge difference with stability. I’m used to it being me with mobility issues, not him!!

Janet, we enjoyed Harmony, thinking about a Galveston cruise on Allure 

• Like 1

I have been on Allure twice. Beautiful ship.

Good to hear the walker is helping. I have sciatica but not as extreme as Les. I cannot walk down stairs because the sciatic pain goes to the outside of my knee. No problem walking up stairs. Sciatica is different for everyone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, every piece of living room furniture we have (on both levels) is a power recliner!!  I’ll get him back into our family doc tomorrow, tge sciatic pain & weakness is very troubling. The walker is making a huge difference with stability. I’m used to it being me with mobility issues, not him!!

Janet, we enjoyed Harmony, thinking about a Galveston cruise on Allure 

I sold my recliner when I got divorced.  I'll have to buy a new one in the Spring.  

Glad the walker is giving him some stability.  

Boring day at work.  No arrivals, no departures.  Everyone was out skiing in the 24" of new snow.   Now, I'm sitting at the FD, looking out at the snow-covered road.  It's windy and the snow has definitely picked up again.   I will be sooooo happy when Monday evening comes and the storms pass by for at least a day!

OOTD:  My gray Pact sweatshirt dress.  Perfect for today.  Black Woolx leggings underneath.  My one coral plaid scarf that I picked up in Florence a few years ago.  And for fun, some lace-top socks to stick out from the tops of my grey wool booties!!  

• Like 1

Wow, Melody, sounds like Les (and you!) have had a really rough time.  I hope he is on the road to recovery soon!

We are still in SC with the grandkids but driving back to Satellite Beach on Wednesday.  It will be nice to get back to some warmer weather.  SC has had some big storms and cold temps, but we have enjoyed being with the grands!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

We went on the Allure for our honeymoon. DH's favorite spot was Der Dog Haus. He *loved* all those sausages.

Melody, take good care of Les (and yourself). I see a lot of shoulder surgery, but don't know much about the recovery period. And please finish all the antibiotics.

We are colder than usual here, but not as cold as some of y'all are. Tomorrow morning's teens will not feel good to someone not used to it.

We are dealing with the serious decline of our oldest (but smallest) dog. She's 15 years old and at the end of life range. She is refusing food, including cheese. She's only had a tiny bit of water today and has slept even more than usual. DH is taking it hard as she's his last link to his parents (she was his mother and sister's--we inherited her when his dad moved in with us). I know it's minor compared to some problems, but she's seven pounds of snuggly lovebug and has been with us for almost 10 years.

• Like 2

Hi girls, looks like the freezing weather is coming my way. It rained all day today and then earlier this evening it stopped and a COLD front is supposed to come through  I actually got a weather alert on my phone. Freeze warnings over ngiht..........looks like it may go down to the high 20s from 3am until 9am.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

We went on the Allure for our honeymoon. DH's favorite spot was Der Dog Haus. He *loved* all those sausages.

Melody, take good care of Les (and yourself). I see a lot of shoulder surgery, but don't know much about the recovery period. And please finish all the antibiotics.

We are colder than usual here, but not as cold as some of y'all are. Tomorrow morning's teens will not feel good to someone not used to it.

We are dealing with the serious decline of our oldest (but smallest) dog. She's 15 years old and at the end of life range. She is refusing food, including cheese. She's only had a tiny bit of water today and has slept even more than usual. DH is taking it hard as she's his last link to his parents (she was his mother and sister's--we inherited her when his dad moved in with us). I know it's minor compared to some problems, but she's seven pounds of snuggly lovebug and has been with us for almost 10 years.

It’s so hard to let go of a beloved pet. Hugs to both of you

Les is taking every single Septra (& drinking 12 oz water with each pill)

• Like 2

Purple -  I'm so sorry about the pup.  It is so hard to see the end of life happening for a beloved pet.  Love to all of you.

Snow, snow, snow again today.  Big flakes.  Roads are awful.  I'm not going anywhere.  Thankfully, it's my "Saturday" and I have nothing planned.  Maybe listen to some Jose Andres podcasts, catch up on some series.  

$85 in tips came my way yesterday.  It was my share of tips from the past 2 week's guests.  We also divided up the alcohol we took from rooms.  I ended up with 3 Peroni beers, 3 Stella Artois beers, 1 Dogfish beer.  It was the best of the lot - tons of Miller Lite and White Claw, yuck.    Getting mixed signals from the new boss.  He was a little peeved at me yesterday because I was dealing with our coffee delivery guy - he told me "that's my job as manager" when I've been doing this for 3 years.  OK.  I won't look at what we need and tell them again.  He told me last Friday that I am only to serve 1 red and 1 white wine per night at Wine & Cheese.  Sorry, but that much wine doesn't go far with 10+ people.  I did let the owners there know that I was told I had to cut back and if they want more to bring it up to him.   He's new and hasn't been a hotel manager type before, only a restaurant manager.  He has to learn, I guess.   

OOTD:  Woolx leggings and a hoodie.  Just cozying up today.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Purple -  I'm so sorry about the pup.  It is so hard to see the end of life happening for a beloved pet.  Love to all of you.

Snow, snow, snow again today.  Big flakes.  Roads are awful.  I'm not going anywhere.  Thankfully, it's my "Saturday" and I have nothing planned.  Maybe listen to some Jose Andres podcasts, catch up on some series.  

$85 in tips came my way yesterday.  It was my share of tips from the past 2 week's guests.  We also divided up the alcohol we took from rooms.  I ended up with 3 Peroni beers, 3 Stella Artois beers, 1 Dogfish beer.  It was the best of the lot - tons of Miller Lite and White Claw, yuck.    Getting mixed signals from the new boss.  He was a little peeved at me yesterday because I was dealing with our coffee delivery guy - he told me "that's my job as manager" when I've been doing this for 3 years.  OK.  I won't look at what we need and tell them again.  He told me last Friday that I am only to serve 1 red and 1 white wine per night at Wine & Cheese.  Sorry, but that much wine doesn't go far with 10+ people.  I did let the owners there know that I was told I had to cut back and if they want more to bring it up to him.   He's new and hasn't been a hotel manager type before, only a restaurant manager.  He has to learn, I guess.   

OOTD:  Woolx leggings and a hoodie.  Just cozying up today.

He won’t last if he doesn’t change

• Like 1

Had Les back to doc yesterday, cortisone shot in sacroiliac joint & almost instant relief!  Hope it lasts!!!  He actually slept in bed last night. Ortho surgeon for shoulder today & mri for gallbladder tomorrow. Hopefully he’s headed back to normal active smiley Les

we leave in 18 days, he’s determined, I need to pack!!!  

thanks to everyone for the words of concern & comfort. Melody

• Like 4

I'm back from my trip but still dealing with the many balls in the air at the moment and catching up on things here. 

@awhfy  Glad to hear Les is doing better. Sometimes it never rains but it pours. I'm sure your upcoming cruise is motivation for both of you!

@slidergirl  Boo on your new manager. Hopefully he's got a short learning curve.

@PurpleHays  So sorry to hear your doggie is struggling. Cradle her with love while you can. ❤️

@sjb317  Glad you enjoyed (survived) the grandkids; you headed back to Fla just in time for the cold weather!

@WELDON  Sounds like you enjoyed your cruise. It's nice to relax after the holidays...

@MrToblerone  Always so strange to think of you enjoying summer when it's cold here. Hope it wasn't too brutal getting back to work!

@Lois R  Hope you are enduring the very cold weather. It's a good time to eat soup and catch up on TV/internet series. 😉

Hope I haven't left any of our frequent gang out. Happy New Year to all!!! I made no resolutions this year other than to try to stay healthy and enjoy life. 😊

• Like 1

I think I'm just getting sensitive to young new bosses who want to carve their way instead of blending in.  I've had this problem before 😸  I should be thinking "as long as the owners like him" since he needs to serve them.  I've built up a great relationship with the owners and vendors over the past years, I'm old, and I don't like change...  

I meant to tell you all:  if you are in the market for a pair of travel pants, RipSkirt Hawaii has put out a pair of travel pants.  

OOTD:  Since it's the first day of Sundance Film Festival, black shirt and faded black jeans.  We jokingly call people attending "PIBs" - People in Black.   I have an appointment with my hairstylist in town, so I want to look "appropriate" 😉

• Like 2