for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi Cynthia, welcome back and sounds like you had a good time.🙂 As for pricing, I have taken 2 river cruises and both were good in price (in my opinion). AMA and UNIWORLD both offer specials for singles, depending on the itinerary of course.  They offer cabins for solo guests with 0 singles supplements........just and FYI.

Where are you going on the Azamara cruise? I went to Ireland and Scotland last year.........LOVED IT🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WELDON said:

I'm leaving Friday for NJ for a Bermuda cruise on May 11.  Everything is ready to pack tomorrow. 

Hi Janet, are you sailing on Celebrity? ........hope you have a great time. I leave here on the 25th for NJ  too🙂

• Like 1

Welcome home, World Traveler!  

I liked Arcachon - a fun day trip from Bordeaux.  I love oysters so it was fun to get some straight from the water. Did you have that canale for me? 😉  I think the "April showers" have spilled over into May this year.  I know you made it a relaxing time.

Wow - so many people getting their cruises on!   It's going to be a fun summer reading/seeing everyone's cruise reviews and photos!  

I'm sooo over the snow!!!  Had more yesterday.  Fortunately, I think it's gone for the foreseeable future.  It's just going to be cloudy.  It's high 30s/low 40s today, gradually moving up the temp scale daily.  

TJ's update:  I forgot to mention the Tortilla Española in the frozen section.  It was excellent.  Would go well with that sous vide turkey or Chicken.  Good, basic potato tortilla.  Add whatever sauce/etc you want if you desire to spruce it up - I loved it as-is.  I may have to buy extras next time to keep on hand.   

OOTD:  Sweaty Betty leopard leggings and a long sleeved Tshirt.  

• Like 1

Welcome back Cynthia, sounds like a great holiday although it was wet some of the time.

Are you on the Azamara  from South Hampton , we end our cruise there late June , will wave as we get off !

• Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 8:55 AM, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, welcome back and sounds like you had a good time.🙂 As for pricing, I have taken 2 river cruises and both were good in price (in my opinion). AMA and UNIWORLD both offer specials for singles, depending on the itinerary of course.  They offer cabins for solo guests with 0 singles supplements........just and FYI.

Where are you going on the Azamara cruise? I went to Ireland and Scotland last year.........LOVED IT🙂

The Azamara cruise departs from Southampton on June 20 then visits Edinburgh, Dundee, Invergordon, Kirkwall, Stornoway, Oban, Glasgow, then ends in Dublin. I'm spending a couple of days in London first, mainly because I want to see a new show at the British Museum on the Roman army.

20 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Welcome home, World Traveler!  

I liked Arcachon - a fun day trip from Bordeaux.  I love oysters so it was fun to get some straight from the water. Did you have that canale for me? 😉  I think the "April showers" have spilled over into May this year.  I know you made it a relaxing time.

TJ's update:  I forgot to mention the Tortilla Española in the frozen section.  It was excellent.  Would go well with that sous vide turkey or Chicken.  Good, basic potato tortilla.  Add whatever sauce/etc you want if you desire to spruce it up - I loved it as-is.  I may have to buy extras next time to keep on hand.   

I did indeed try the canalè, several times. Excellent with cafe au lait. I also tried the local version of macarons (single layer). I especially liked the chocolate ones.

Definitely need to make a TJs run but not today -- it's rainy here. The Tortilla Española sounds great. As I often say, I never met a carb I didn't like.

6 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Welcome back Cynthia, sounds like a great holiday although it was wet some of the time.

Are you on the Azamara  from South Hampton , we end our cruise there late June , will wave as we get off !

I board on June 20th. Ship is Onward. What's your itinerary?

• Like 1

Cynthia - those canale are definitely yummy with a café au lait!  I didn't have any macarons there as I really tried hard to restrict my carbs & sweets and that canale took up the space for it.  

There hasn't been a carb that hasn't called my name like a sweet siren call, but I try my best to resist.  Sometimes I do give in 😉

I've been watching my friend Squirrel the past few days.  He cracks me up.  He'll climb down the screen door (it's a sturdy one I put in after my dog Slider decimated the first one), go grab some snack from the "snack tray" and crawl back up partway on the screen.  Then, he hangs upside down and eats his snack.  He repeats this a few times.  I need to try to get it on video!!

I'm into reading José Andrés' "Vegetables Unleashed" book/cookbook.  Really interesting stories and recipes.  The recipes seem pretty easy and accessible to an average cook.  I wanted to do more cooking this summer and wanted interesting veggie dishes.   The recipes for my 2 favorite tapas from my time at Jaleo the other week are in there, so I'm happy.  Also some good drinks, including his sangria base.  Now, I just have to get myself into cooking mode - haven't been there for awhile.

OOTD:  joggers and a ophthalmologist.  I'll put something decent on tomorrow when I go to my ophthalmologist for my 6 month checkup.

• Like 2

Kat that squirrel sounds so cute , loved the one we saw on our deck in Whistler

Cynthia that is where and when we finish on the Onward !

We start in Barcelona ,Valencia,Alicante,Malaga,Lisbon,Porto.

La Coruna, Guernsey then South Hampton.

I know you gave sailed on Azamara but have you been on the Onward? We have bid for an upgrade but probably wont happen as it looks almost full.

Are you going solo?

We have booked a air bnb after near Hampton court and yesterday we booked Hever Castle where Anne Boylyn was a child, love the history  

49 minutes ago, MrToblerone said:

Cynthia that is where and when we finish on the Onward !

We start in Barcelona ,Valencia,Alicante,Malaga,Lisbon,Porto.

La Coruna, Guernsey then South Hampton.

I know you gave sailed on Azamara but have you been on the Onward? We have bid for an upgrade but probably wont happen as it looks almost full.

Are you going solo?

We have booked a air bnb after near Hampton court and yesterday we booked Hever Castle where Anne Boylyn was a child, love the history  

Sounds like a nice itinerary, I think I've done all except Guernsey (I hope you make it to Guernsey, the weather sometimes requires ships to cancel...)

I'm traveling solo, yes. I was on Onward last year. It's the newest of the four Azamara ships. All their ships are pretty much the same in terms of cabin sizes, small bathroom and all...  

Hever castle sounds great. Ann Boleyn has always fascinated me. I saw a documentary on Hever a couple of years ago -- I'm sure you'll like it.

Im prepared for the small bathroom , the itinerary is what we were sold on in our dates , we wanted to see more of Spain.

We have two weeks prior on the Eastern side exploring.

Your itinerary also looks really interesting 

• Like 2

You’re probably all really tired if our medical crap (I know we are). Les is having to have injections in each eye on 24th (can’t get med in before then) to reduce the edema (swelling). Poor guy. Has been under the medical gun this year. Then he gets a jury summons while we’re in Hawaii…did a vacation postponement. How old do you have to be to stop getting jury summons???  Melody

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, awhfy said:

You’re probably all really tired if our medical crap (I know we are). Les is having to have injections in each eye on 24th (can’t get med in before then) to reduce the edema (swelling). Poor guy. Has been under the medical gun this year. Then he gets a jury summons while we’re in Hawaii…did a vacation postponement. How old do you have to be to stop getting jury summons???  Melody

Hi Melody, not tired from me....I totally empathize with you because I have posted plenty about my health issues too. I hope Les' eyes will be OK.

As for Jury duty, not sure what age it stops....and is each state different? I am thinking it is about 70 but not totally sure.

• Like 1

Well Les is 75 & he got called. We get one postponement for vacation, health or work. We had to give a date he was available within 60 days

9 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Great so you can find other dates and work around Hawaii hopefully

He’s already rescheduled for mid July

11 hours ago, awhfy said:

Well Les is 75 & he got called. We get one postponement for vacation, health or work. We had to give a date he was available within 60 days

Good morning, I would call your City Hall or a dept in that area........maybe they can give you an answer on Jury duty timing/age. Maybe call your County Clerk of the Courts. I am thinking they may be the correct dept.

Poor Les!  When it rains, it pours.    I can't imagine having edema in the eyes.  But, he sure wants to get it taken care of before flying - I would think the pressure would be painful.  Surprised you only get 1 postponement in CO.  I thought that if you could show you had the previous scheduled vacation you could get a postponement, regardless of how many you had.   

speaking of eyes - off to my ophthalmologist in 3 hours.  thankfully, my right eye has been feeling OK the past few months.  It's a little irritated from allergy right now, but no "broken glass shard" feeling that I get when the infection shows up.   I want to stay off the Valtrex and Prednisone drops for awhile!  

OOTD:  just jeans and a long sleeve Tshirt for the jaunt to the appointment and a stop at the market.   Partly cloudy and 50 degrees.  

• Like 1

Welcome home, Cynthia, sounds like you had an amazing trip!

Melody, hope these injections take care of Les’s eye problems, poor guy, he had been hit really hard with health issues!  Hopefully, they will be behind him soon!

Kat, I am going to look for that cookbook, my cooking has become very boring and I feel a need to spice things up!🙂

We drove home from Charlotte on Monday and my husband found a cheap cruise going to Aruba and Curaçao.  So we are currently on Adventure😂. I love the beaches in Aruba!

OOTD: Swimsuit and flip flops!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

Melody - in WA state you can apply for a jury exemption - don't know the process but maybe CO has the same option.

We got the vacation exemption fir Kes on voting, they gave him another date in July.