for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

43 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

It was amazing. I might have to have another one tomorrow. I added strawberry today, but it wasn't as good.

That blackberry jalepeno margarita sounds great. I love pineapple jalepeno margaritas 

Looks like the storm is headed to Tallahassee and should hit land sometime tonight. 

It is barely raining here and we don't expect to be in that "cone" they always talk about....Thankfully.

• Like 2

You'd think it was the end of the world here. Nonstop weather reports. People duelling in the streets over plywood and sand bags (okay, I'm exaggerating, but only slightly).

The worst is supposed to come through here very late Thursday night/early Friday morning. I've got my power bank charged, candles and lighter out and ready, plenty of nonperishable food and water. Not much else to do now except watch the show unfold. I do feel sorry for the spot where landfall is expected, I think they'll genuinely be in some trouble.

• Like 1

Cynthia, I agree about all the weather reports😧........it is nice to be able to watch some tv on channels that don't have those interruptions LOL........

I realize she is going to be a big storm but I do get annoyed at a "breaking news" thing every few minutes.........

We are in SC with grandkids, good time to leave Florida but they are expecting to have Helena  tomorrow so we are getting “breaking news” frequently with updates.  School  has been cancelled for Friday due to heavy rains and strong winds.🤣

Sherri🙂 

• Like 1

Did a trip down the mountain to TJ's after my visit with my hair stylist.  As I suspected, it was a "holy cr$p" trip when the things were rung up.  They had more pumpkin things that I remember for September.  I did get my pumpkin bagels & cream cheese and the pumpkin bisque.  The rest was mostly stock ups for quick meals from the freezer since I just cleaned it out.  And 4 bags of whole bean coffee.   They did have the Autumn refrigerated sides in - the stuffing, scalloped potatoes, etc.  Didn't get any this time, but will in November,  Oh, the pumpkin Kringle was in stock.  Picked up my pastas and some bottles of the $1.99 marinara.  It was hot down in the Valley today - my car thermostat had 90 degrees at 4pm!  It was 80 up here at home when I started down the mountain at 1:30.

OOTD:  my white & blue pinstripe linen button down shirt with my faded black overall jumper short dress.  White leather Taos high tops.  I'm learning to like dresses for casual running around over shorts...

• Like 1

Hi, Cynthia, hope you are safe. Looks like Atlanta is under A Flash flood warning and the videos look awful. This is such a BIG storm.......the streets look like rivers. Hope where you live made it through safely.

• Like 2

I didn't realize it was going to get nasty on the east coast of South Carolina.  One of the relatives down in Beaufort had roof damage and a big tree fall over in the yard.  There was some tornadic wind activity in the area due to the hurricane.   Fortunately, nothing catastrophic.  Tyler works for an aborist so he has all the tools there at home and knows how to dismantle the tree damage.  Haven't heard anything about the rest of the SC family groups who live in Charleston and around.  

I saw there was a good amount of beach erosion around Satellite Beach/Cocoa Beach - some friends posted photos.  Hope Sherrie fared well around there.

I do hope Cynthia is just hunkered down and staying safe!!  

• Like 1

After going through the process of filling out all the paperwork on line for the food bank and submitting it, I decided to give it a dry run to see how far they are from me........omg......I guess I have not been to the beach in a long time but it is further than I remembered and I called the gal when I got home and was honest with her and said I wanted to stay closer to home.  And the highway to get there is VERY busy too......sort of outside of my comfort zone. She was very understanding. 

So I am looking for something else.  I spoke with a gal at a Rehab Facility and they have a volunteer program. She took my number and someone will call me next week.

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

I didn't realize it was going to get nasty on the east coast of South Carolina.  One of the relatives down in Beaufort had roof damage and a big tree fall over in the yard.  There was some tornadic wind activity in the area due to the hurricane.   Fortunately, nothing catastrophic.  Tyler works for an aborist so he has all the tools there at home and knows how to dismantle the tree damage.  Haven't heard anything about the rest of the SC family groups who live in Charleston and around.  

I saw there was a good amount of beach erosion around Satellite Beach/Cocoa Beach - some friends posted photos.  Hope Sherrie fared well around there.

I do hope Cynthia is just hunkered down and staying safe!!  

In my son’s part of SC around the Lake Wylie area, there seems to be very little in the way of damage, just a few small tree here and there in his neighborhood.  However, electricity is out due to several transformers blowing up.  Michael set up his generator so we are fortunate to have limited power, refrigerator and of TV for football and their devices. 😂

• Like 2

I have a question for yall......does anyone besides me still have a landline? The reason I ask, I have been getting tons of spam calls lately........if I see it is a number I don't know, I don't pick it up. But just curious.......maybe I should get rid of this land line.......any thoughts?

I have one. If I didn't have it, I would need to carry the cell phone from room to room so I wouldn't miss calls. Maybe I'm not used to just a cell but this is inconvenient for me.  Also at times, I find the cell isn't as clear as the landline. I know a lot of people who have both.

18 minutes ago, WELDON said:

I have one. If I didn't have it, I would need to carry the cell phone from room to room so I wouldn't miss calls. Maybe I'm not used to just a cell but this is inconvenient for me.  Also at times, I find the cell isn't as clear as the landline. I know a lot of people who have both.

Thanks for the input...I am going to think about it overnight. For some reason I have been getting tons of spam calls.....they make me nuts!

We haven’t had a land line since 2006? Whenever we moved from DFW to Houston and yes, OMG, finally got rid of dial up🤪. Been mobile phone alone since. Started with one phone…DH had a work phone and my cell was the “home phone”.

I will say that I get a lot of junk calls…we have AT&T and they have an app that helps to block the junk and I have my phone set to silence unknown calls. It’s been a blessing to have these tools…

EXCEPT…Florida has some rules regarding the public nature of your number and I do get junk Political TEXTS. Not too many and you can reply STOP and that has ended some of them.

• Like 1

Hi Anita...wow, you got rid of your land line 18 years ago? No way I could have done that....partially because my Dad was still alive and he wanted to be able to call on that land line.

And they didn't have many spam calls on land lines back then. 

Actually, I don't get many junk calls on my cell.......maybe I have just gotten lucky? 

If you don’t give out your cell much…then you wouldn’t get many calls there. My cell is the family “home” number…sooo all those calls your land line has been getting…

It was calmer during COVID…there was some sort of legislation that had passed that expired and the calls became crazy. I also made the mistake of getting in a mood and deciding to actually answer a call and talk with the callers. Then the calls exponentially increased.

Yes. It wasn’t usual to not have a land line then…but all our family was a long distance call and it ended up that we were getting a better deal for that with the cell phone…we opted for a cell phone and cable internet. As I recall…our cordless landline style phone was on the fritz and replacing that was also somewhat $$ and so we just opted for the path of least expense.

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thanks for the input...I am going to think about it overnight. For some reason I have been getting tons of spam calls.....they make me nuts!

I am going to the Xfinity store and will see what they tell me about how much I will save by getting rid of my land line. I have a package with them....my tv, internet and land line are together.

• Like 1

Hi all....well the storm blew by. No damage for me personally but we did have power and internet outages Thursday night and Friday. When I did manage to get back online, everything was so slow as to make it impossible to use....

The area where I lived about 20 years ago in Buckhead got massively flooded; it always does during these storms. The house we had was up on a hill but I remember back in the 1990s there was another tropical storm/flood event and the houses across the street (on the down slope to the creek) were all flooded then.

A major intersection very close to my condo was also flooded for a while, but receded pretty quickly once the rain stopped. Needless to say I didn't go anywhere yesterday.

The worst impacts were in Florida where it came ashore and in south Georgia. There's going to be a lot of clean-up needed from this massive storm. There have been reports of 2 people killed from a tornado spawned by the winds from the storm in south GA....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I am going to the Xfinity store and will see what they tell me about how much I will save by getting rid of my land line. I have a package with them....my tv, internet and land line are together.

We dropped our landline in 2016, haven’t missed it once. 

we have Xfinity. Cable, internet & phone. Cable will be gone when we figure out streaming. Our phone is Sooo much cheaper with Xfinity than AT&T & our service is better