for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

On 6/25/2021 at 12:18 PM, cruise kitty said:

@PurpleHaysBleh, I'm sorry about your cruise!  I hope you can find a good replacement...  I'm sure you're very disappointed.   We just had our October Europe cruise cancelled, but I'm used to it lol,  just wish they had told us sooner.  

I sent three suggestions to our TA. Hopefully she can get us on the TA that is a month earlier. It goes to NYC rather than FLL, but we can deal with it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I sent three suggestions to our TA. Hopefully she can get us on the TA that is a month earlier. It goes to NYC rather than FLL, but we can deal with it.

ahh, I'm glad there are some good options for you, sounds like you will at least salvage some sort of trip, & a TA is always so wonderful 🙂

I think we're going to book Alaska on Celebrity for late September... it's a super easy quick & cheap  flight to Seattle for us, & with all the FCC we'll have now we won't have to pay much more.. have to wait till tomorrow when Captain's Club is available as final payment is due, but I don't have the new FCC number yet...

• Like 2

On 6/24/2021 at 8:15 PM, PurpleHays said:

Our Oct 2022 TA was just moved back a month. I can't take two+ weeks off in November--it's too busy at work. Now I have to find another cruise. 🙄 🤬 This is only cancellation #2 for us--I can't imagine how frustrating it is with multiple cancellations.

Be careful in your search. Hasn't CDC said no cruises longer than 7 days prior to expiration of their CSO?  I think that's why a lot of TA's were rescheduled -- so as not to arrive back to US until Nov 1 or later.

I realize some challenges to the CSO are ongoing, but at this point who knows what the final determination will be...

13 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Be careful in your search. Hasn't CDC said no cruises longer than 7 days prior to expiration of their CSO?  I think that's why a lot of TA's were rescheduled -- so as not to arrive back to US until Nov 1 or later.

I realize some challenges to the CSO are ongoing, but at this point who knows what the final determination will be...

The one I was scheduled on was pushed back for a dry dock.

Well, we talked it over, & I'm going to book the September 24th Celebrity cruise to Alaska, we were supposed to go in May 2020, but we know how that went lol,  I have all the clothes & travel guides from then, so it will be easy planning.  I'd much prefer May for the long days, but this is just to get out of the zone we've been stuck in for so long 🙂  Something else to look forward to 🙂

Wonder what Celebrity will make of Steve's CDC card with records of three covid vaccines, lol 😉

• Like 1

Hi girls, got home from Chicago this afternoon and had a really great time.😃 It rained on Friday and Saturday but yesterday was sunny and beautiful.   The city is quite amazing. I didn't know alot about the history of Chicago but we had a wonderful tour guide for the first 2 days and then yesterday we took that Chicago River Cruise and learned alot on that too.

My gf found the tour guide through multiple sites and we really got a winner😃,,,,He is a native of the city and he is an artist too. We went to the Art Museum and to "Chicago Cultural Center" which is beautiful.  We also went to Millennuim Park where there is really funky structure called "THE BEAN" LOL

When you get close up it sort of looks like a mirror and you look like you are falling..........really neat.

We went to the University of Chicago campus.......BEAUTIFUL.......and had a tour of "The Robie House" which is a Frank Lloyd Wright structure.......it was definitely him LOL......

I really like the city too....quite clean and the buildings? So much architecture to them......really cool.

We had good food too and it was fun being "out and about" again😃

• Like 5

Hi Debbie, no flight issues at all (thankfully)🙂....I think the city is very happy....they just got opened fully back up on June 15th!

And one week from tomorrow I fly to Athens😃

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Debbie, no flight issues at all (thankfully)🙂....I think the city is very happy....they just got opened fully back up on June 15th!

And one week from tomorrow I fly to Athens😃

oh my gosh, in just a week, that is SO exciting!! & glad to hear no flight issues too 🙂

You're going to have to keep that suitcase out lol 😉

I just booked Alaska in late September to replace my last cancelled cruise, I have two FCC, so not much out of pocket... & was able to cover most of the airfare with points 🙂

• Like 1

Welcome back, Lois!  It sounds like you were able to do and see a lot in one weekend!  Chicago is one of my favorite cities to visit!

Our oldest grandson, 15, just received his second vaccine so he wants to come visit in August from Minnesota.  Since the week that works for his family  covers part of our cruise from St. Marteen, we are going to cancel our cruise, first time ever WE’VE cancelled one!  It has been over 2 years since we have been able to spend anytime with him and that is more important than any cruise, so no cruise for us until September.  I am very excited to see him, our ex daughter in law says we should be prepared for someone who looks full grown, eats constantly, and sleeps until noon.😂

OOTD:  Swimsuit and coverup. Grandkids are still here!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Good morning girls, Sherri, yes, we really did see a lot of stuff........actually, the day we arrived (Friday) after checking in at the hotel.....that was the first tour for the afternoon and to be honest,  I was the weakest link.........I  had to sit down inside the art museum while they were looking at the paintings........

my feet/legs were really, really tired.👎..........by the time we got back to the hotel? Well, truth be told, they walked back to the hotel and I took an Uber.

And then I had to lay down for a while before we went out to dinner. 

I did much better Saturday.🙂...but we also were in an SUV for much of the time. So the walking was broken up into sections, which made things much easier.

Hope you have fun with your grandson!

• Like 1

Welcome back Lois!   Hey, don't worry about being the "weakest link" - it takes a little time to get back into the swing, plus you had enough challenges to earn the leisurely weekend.  

Sherri - you'll have a great time with the kiddos!  If I had a choice, I'd do just what you are doing.   Be sure to take them downtown Cocoa Beach to the Fat Donkey for some ice cream.  

Saturday was the neighborhood Dumpster Day.  I unloaded a boatload (yes, pun) of stuff.  Only problem is I had to heave the stuff over the 6 ft lip of the dumpster.  I tried to make each bag as light as I could, but at the end, and for the next day, my "blown" shoulder just hurt like mad.  800 mg of Advil before I went to bed each night helped out.  Still have some to dump, but I can add to my weekly trash pickup a little at a time.

OOTD:  old Athleta running shorts and my Sweaty Betty tank top.  It's just too darn hot for anything else and I'm not going anywhere.  80s and 90s the next 10 days, except for tomorrow - possible thunderstorms.  

• Like 1

We rebooked our October 2022 TA to a September 2022 TA. The October TA was moved back a month for a dry dock. Completely different itinerary. I had to check with my manager first because it embarks over Labor Day weekend. She told me we'd make it work. Now I just need to work on saving up PTO.

Hubby and I did some running around today, at least until he started throwing up. I dropped him at home and finished the running around. I may be a nurse, but that smell makes me wanna vomit too. He is feeling better after some chicken noodle soup and crackers. 

OOTD: Athleta Salutation shortie and "Making po🍷r decisions" tank. It was hot and humid and I wore as little as I could decently get away with. After that, I came home and crafted and started rewatching Bridgerton.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 8:29 PM, PurpleHays said:

We rebooked our October 2022 TA to a September 2022 TA. The October TA was moved back a month for a dry dock. Completely different itinerary. I had to check with my manager first because it embarks over Labor Day weekend. She told me we'd make it work. Now I just need to work on saving up PTO.

Hubby and I did some running around today, at least until he started throwing up. I dropped him at home and finished the running around. I may be a nurse, but that smell makes me wanna vomit too. He is feeling better after some chicken noodle soup and crackers. 

OOTD: Athleta Salutation shortie and "Making po🍷r decisions" tank. It was hot and humid and I wore as little as I could decently get away with. After that, I came home and crafted and started rewatching Bridgerton.

Funny, that is what always made me nauseous when I was working in nursing, too! 
My husband always took care of things  if we had a sick child😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Yesterday was a visit to Sea World with the grandkids, we had a great but long, day!  I am usually not a fan of amusement parks, especially Disney, but I really enjoyed this one.  Lots of cool exhibits and shows!

While we were having fun at Sea World, we sold our townhome!  It had been on the market since Friday and was only our second showing but very happy to sell it as quick as we did.  Very funny, though, to be signing e docs with sharks overhead!

Kat, we had our Fat Donkey ice cream on Monday, there is one in our area about 1/2 mile from our townhouse.  Very good ice cream!

OOTD: Swimsuit!We are keeping things low key today as I think everyone is a little tired from 11 hours at the park!

Sherti🙂

• Like 1

Hi girls, well, my cruise is coming up and I bought a bucket hat yesterday but one of my friend's who is in Greece now is saying it is REALLY HOT and so I probably should go get a brimmed hat instead. I am REALLY NOT a hat girl and have never been but I know for safety it is better to wear one in those hot temps. I am NOT spending the $$$ on the Tilley........sorry, but spending 90 bucks on a hat just does not make any sense to me.   I will go out later today and see what I can find at either Target or Walmart. I know Urban Outfitters has them too.  I was in REI yesterday but those are the Tilly.   

The bucket hat I found was about 7.00 at Ross...........I am guessing I can find something in the 20.00-30.00 range that would be better. 

• Like 1

Checkout Bealls, they had usually have some cheap hats.  Also, do you have any beach stores near you?  I have found them to be a cheap source of hats for summer.  I do not buy pricey hats as I have been known to lose them, especially on trips😂

Sherri🙂

6 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Checkout Bealls, they had usually have some cheap hats.  Also, do you have any beach stores near you?  I have found them to be a cheap source of hats for summer.  I do not buy pricey hats as I have been known to lose them, especially on trips😂

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, Bealls......I LOVE them! Thanks for that suggestion😃

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, Bealls......I LOVE them! Thanks for that suggestion😃

I like the beach shop idea, too.  They usually have a good range of hats to choose from.

Lois - I may not get back on in time, but:  HAVE A GREAT ADVENTURE!  You are our pioneer and will be living vicariously through your travels!  

Sherri - congrats on the sale.  I have heard that the market is smokin' hot right now.  Even here, I've had some people going door to door here asking if anyone wants to sell.  Wild.   I forgot that Fat Donkey opened up a shop down there.  I haven't found a place with good flavors like they have.  I didn't realize Sea World was also down in FL.  Sounds like you all are having a wonderful time!

Seeing my hair stylist in an hour to get rid of my skin stripe and gossip.  We're both campers, so we talk about our travels as well as local stuff.  Our progressive City Council decided to buck decades of having our 4th of July parade and celebration on the 4, regardless of the 4th falling on a Sunday.  We're having it tomorrow.  We are NOT happy.  It makes us like every other town that changes dates to not offend those of the predominant faith.   That's the big news in town.  Ah, life in a small town...

OOTD:  The SPF 50 shirt I picked up at Great Sands Dunes NP and my Athleta Farralon bermuda-length shorts. Comfortable and not too bad when it's hot outside.   

Hi girls, Well, I went to Beall's but nothing called my name.........except some other stuff LOL.......

I got a new pj outfit, a cute t shirt and some new undies.  No hat.

I ended up finding one at Urban Outfitters!  It is ME🙂 and should work fine.....it is a straw hat but not overly big...some of them are just too much for me....this does have a rim and it is lightweight and breathable. And its my color---I am a purple gal and this one is lavender!  Even the young gal who helped me gave me a 👍.  So I am happy!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, novice99 said:

Thank you! 

Hi.....I read the press release Trudeau put out today........it was quite moving and spot on....sending you all the best.

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Well, I went to Beall's but nothing called my name.........except some other stuff LOL.......

I got a new pj outfit, a cute t shirt and some new undies.  No hat.

I ended up finding one at Urban Outfitters!  It is ME🙂 and should work fine.....it is a straw hat but not overly big...some of them are just too much for me....this does have a rim and it is lightweight and breathable. And its my color---I am a purple gal and this one is lavender!  Even the young gal who helped me gave me a 👍.  So I am happy!

Lois, I wear hats due to numerous skin cancers. I’ve found a SPF50 Solar Escape hat works well for me, not too hot but tightly woven. Lots of the Aussie-made hats are SPF 50. Look for the SPF label, it’s normally quite prominent

Remember, the best hat is the one you will wear!

Have a great trip!!  Melody

Edited by awhfy