for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi girls, what a weekend.....started out ok but last night was horrific with that car crashing into that parade in Wisconsin😥....up to 5 deaths and over 40 injured.......wishing all of those folks the best and my good wishes.

Kat, hope your first day back on the job is a good one🙂

First day of work down and It didn't wear me out!  They still have a shipload of construction to finish before 12/1.  Should be real interesting to see if it happens.  I actually remembered 3 of my 4 passwords for the computers.  I dove in and got some files copied or started for our use this year.  I put in all of our arrivals between today and 12/30 into our Outlook calendar.  Yikes!!   We are soooo full this year all the way through March.  Going to be a busy winter.  And, I met my new friend - Ollie.  He's a very nice brown lab.  He'll be here a lot.  I'll have to buy some treats and keep at the desk.

OOTD:  black leggings, blue & white tie dye tank top, and an oatmeal sweater/jacket from Athleta.  Not warm enough for my winter booties, so I put on my high top sneakers.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, slidergirl said:

First day of work down and It didn't wear me out!  They still have a shipload of construction to finish before 12/1.  Should be real interesting to see if it happens.  I actually remembered 3 of my 4 passwords for the computers.  I dove in and got some files copied or started for our use this year.  I put in all of our arrivals between today and 12/30 into our Outlook calendar.  Yikes!!   We are soooo full this year all the way through March.  Going to be a busy winter.  And, I met my new friend - Ollie.  He's a very nice brown lab.  He'll be here a lot.  I'll have to buy some treats and keep at the desk.

OOTD:  black leggings, blue & white tie dye tank top, and an oatmeal sweater/jacket from Athleta.  Not warm enough for my winter booties, so I put on my high top sneakers.  

Our silver lab (Winter) grand dog loves to come over, she especially likes baby carrots & Les’s peanut butter filled pretzels. Glad the first day back went well

Hi girls, good morning.......🙂 so what is everyone doing tomorrow? Melody, you are probably having the biggest group with the most pies!

Debbie is on her cruise.........

I decided to buy a little cornish hen and will bake it and have some sweet potatoes and bought what looks like a baby size acorn squash.....it is really cute.  And have some creamed spinach. And since it is Thanksgiving, I bought a miniature Mrs Callender's apple pie.  

We got a cold snap here last night........it was in the 40s......yes, I had to put on the heat. 

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, good morning.......🙂 so what is everyone doing tomorrow? Melody, you are probably having the biggest group with the most pies!

Debbie is on her cruise.........

I decided to buy a little cornish hen and will bake it and have some sweet potatoes and bought what looks like a baby size acorn squash.....it is really cute.  And have some creamed spinach. And since it is Thanksgiving, I bought a miniature Mrs Callender's apple pie.  

We got a cold snap here last night........it was in the 40s......yes, I had to put on the heat. 

I'm going to do the Aldi turkey & stuffing idea:  roll up some stuffing in turkey deli slices 😀  Put in a tupperware to bring to work and just nuke it.  I've got some cranberry sauce so I'll put some in a little container.  I'm going to be the only one here - I'd LOVE to sneak in a flask of some Reisling, but I like my job (we have security camera at the desk).  I have a baby Panettone that I can bring for dessert - it's the size of a muffin.

All my dogs loved carrots.  My one Goldie ate up the dish of my neighbor's carrot puree at dinner one time - he just walked up to it and gobbled!!

Yes, I'm at work, but being a total slacker... OOTD: black leggings, black & white stripe tank, one of my Athleta cardi sweaters and my high tops.  I feel soooooo dressed up!!  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We (DS and I) are going out to eat also. One of our favorite local restaurants does a Thanksgiving meal. Last year I picked up two meals to go (COVID, yeah....) and they are great. So this year we are going in person. They have live music as well.

The house is a mess anyway and I need the long weekend to keep cleaning and tossing!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I'm going to be the only one here - I'd LOVE to sneak in a flask of some Reisling, but I like my job (we have security camera at the desk). 

You could always get a can of wine. Stick it in a koozie and no one will know. Or a colored water bottle. (can you tell I sat through a few boring school video conferences??)

My favorite aunt is driving over from Knoxville tomorrow with her husband (my obnoxious uncle--and I tell him that). We'll have steak, baked potatoes, wine, and whatever veggie we get at the grocery store tomorrow.  After my younger daughter and granddaughter get back from CA, we'll fry a turkey Saturday with all the extras. I'm baking a Mexican chocolate cake from scratch Friday. It's sooo rich.

I'm simply looking forward to four days of no alarm.

• Like 1

Lois - the cornish hen does sound good.  Every once in awhile, I'll pick one up at Whole Foods - they do stuffed ones.  And, always sweet potato in some form!

Purple - unfortunately I have too much work ethic to sneak in some hooch.   I do have a coffee machine all to myself tomorrow - espresso, cappuccino, lattes, mochas...  it's a really cool machine.  I'll probably just take a can or two of my Spindrift waters.  I just put together my turkey/stuffing rolls and some sweet potato casserole for tomorrow.  I had stuffing & SPC as my dinner tonight.  Good thing the holidays are just once a year - the ones I get from TJ's are just too good and I'd gorge myself year'round!!!

Deep fried turkey - yum!!!  Enjoy it!  Just remember - most calls to the Fire Dept. on Thanksgiving are due to deep frying turkeys!

• Like 1

Good morning girls😃..........I hope all of you have a good day, whatever you are doing.........and I am very thankful we are all still on here chatting together. 

Happy Thanksgiving! - Boutique Boston Hotel | Hotel In Boston | EnVision  Hotel Boston

• Like 1

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

image.jpeg.db5a1dde0df1ec852fb52ac95a226084.jpeg

Yesterday I had to arrange a wire transfer for my closing, which made me realize I had not been inside a bank since pre-Covid days...   

I would echo @PurpleHaysabout the alarm except that I have to work tomorrow..... real work, not clean house work.  😒

Oh well, at least I get today and then the actual weekend off.

• Like 2

Well, I don't usually do it this way but.......will let you all know how it turns out. I have the cornish hen on the top rack and on the bottom rack is a tray with the sweet potatoes and squash.  Everything is baking at the same time.  

I found a recipe for the hen on line (where else LOL)......it was easy peasy and sounds really good.😃.....just rub melted butter all over the bird and then put a spice mix all over that melted butter. 

It was a mixture of spices and I had most of them in the house already. It calls for the bird to be cooked at 400 degrees for 1 hour.......and the potatoes and squash are baking at that same temp.  I will check everything in an hour. 

Oh, yes the bird is in a roasting pan.....but have it on a rack to give the heat a better chance of circulation 360 degrees around🙂

• Like 1

Lois that sounds just like how I fix my game hens. I do put some Bells Seasoning inside the bird too

We’re off to daughter’s for feast. Les said, we have a Turkey breast for this weekend don’t we? (he’s afraid he’s not going to get enough Turkey at our daughter’s!). I made 2 extra pies to have here at home to go with my good wines 😉. Happy Thanksgiving to all. I’m thankful that we’re all still chatting too Melody

3DD80C40-62AB-4B97-9BF7-5B509D83E470.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving to all!   I am forever thankful for this thread and that we all stuck together on it.  It kept me sane during lockout and now it's just a good place for us to discuss things, travel plans, cruises, you name it.

Bored out of my skull already here at work, and I've only been here 3 hours - 5 more to go!!!  It is nice and sunny but cold outside (28 degrees).  I may go sit outside for a little bit.   Strangeness thing today - driving into work I saw a guy running SHIRTLESS and it was 22 degrees!!!!!!  

OOTD:  black yoga pants (not leggings today), gray Athleta Tshirt, and my fuzzy Natural Life kimono.   I look like freakin' Joseph and his amazing dream coat!!  But, I love it!

• Like 1

Well, the bird and other items came out really good👍...I know they say poultry needs to be 165 to be fully cooked......when I put the thermometer in? It was actually closer to 175! I pulled it right out. of the oven.

The potatoes  and squash cooked perfectly too.  And I had some creamed spinach. I am waiting a bit before I heat up that mini sized apple pie. 

Melody, enjoy your family dinner and Kat, I have seen folks who do that kind of thing.......its below freezing and they must think it is really macho to run without a shirt😲

• Like 1

Kat. I wonder if the guy was training for a polar bear plunge. We have a group here that runs shirtless to prep their bodies for the icy water (some should never be seen without clothes!!)

we had a great Turkey day, great food & many laughs (first time together since 2019)

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat. I wonder if the guy was training for a polar bear plunge. We have a group here that runs shirtless to prep their bodies for the icy water (some should never be seen without clothes!!)

we had a great Turkey day, great food & many laughs (first time together since 2019)

I think he was just a showoff.  Good upper body, lots of tats on his arms and chest.  Hey, when you're driving 25mph you can see a lot...

I was in bed by 9pm last night.  The only reason I was up that long was because CNN was rerunning Stanley Tucci and some Anthony Bourdain.  I think I hit my wall for work.  It's interesting trying to get back in the swing of things after being a lazy old lady for 6 months!  My 2 guest-occupied units leave in about 15 minutes, so it'll be me and the nice owners with the lab.  If I could drink lots of coffee, I'd be doing that all day (double latte).  If I could handle all the sugar, I'd be alternating with hot chocolate or double vanilla latte.   At least I can sleep in all morning tomorrow if I want - this 7am wakeup is NOT for me!

OOTD:  Vuori black yoga pants, charcoal pinstripe WoolX hoodie, my OluKai Puffy Blanket Slippers.  More of a slip-on shoe, but that's what they call it.  I hurt a toe yesterday, so my other shoes are a no-go.    Gee, do I sound like an influencer for those brands???  😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slidergirl said:

The only reason I was up that long was because CNN was rerunning Stanley Tucci and some Anthony Bourdain.

I watched some of those older episodes of Bourdain in Lyon (a favorite of mine) and Marseilles and was thinking of your upcoming trip.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I watched some of those older episodes of Bourdain in Lyon (a favorite of mine) and Marseilles and was thinking of your upcoming trip.

The only Bourdain I was awake for was the one down in Texas (Marfa, the border).  I'll have to go back and look for others.  

Well, I finished my first week.  $50 in gratuities and one very nice note from a guest.  The money goes into the Vacation Fund.  I did end up making myself a specialty drink at 4pm to get through the last hour: double vanilla latte with a shot of chocolate and extra shot of milk.  It's going to be like this next week, too, as the only arrival is another owner.  The week after, though, picks up and it gets very busy from then until the end of March.  The construction of the pool table room and the game room are still to be finished, so it  should be interesting this coming week.  

I ended up going to bed at 9pm.  I didn't wake up until 9am.  I guess I was tired...

Now, yet another new COVID variant.  Just saw that a confirmed case in Italy reported - a person who came from Mozambique.  Sigh.   I'll just keep crossing my fingers and wearing my mask.  At least my workplace has decided to make masks mandatory for the forseeable future.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Can't believe I am closing TOMORROW!  I still have to wait another three days for possession and I am still trying to schedule the guy to do the floor refinishing. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but here there are too many jobs and too few workers, seems like. People come and quote you on a job, then disappear even when you keep contacting them and telling them you're interested!

I took a pile of coats yesterday (mine and DS's) to a clothing drive, as well as more consignment items. Today we are tackling the attic/closet extension -- I know there's not much in there but there is one big trunk that needs to be disposed of...

• Like 2