for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

I’m back!😂. CC has been in and out, mostly out, for me but it finally seems to be working consistently for me now.  We were in VA with the grandkids for the past two weeks so, to be fair, I did not try to log in often but it never seemed to work for more than a few minutes.  Now I have to get caught up with everyone. 

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

Hi all -- feels like I'm juggling 18 things every day!  😵

I was at the condo yesterday getting estimates on refinishing floors and having closets done. (I'm going to need all the space I can scratch out....)

I have to go into the office on Thursday so I'm also trying to coordinate two other activities in that area to avoid doing an hour commute more than once. One "must" is getting my car serviced (dealership is near work, which made sense once upon a time....)  The other is dealing with my mattress.

Welcome back Sherri,  bet VA was gorgeous this time of year...  & it seems that finally CC is back on track & working 😉

@cruisemom42 good to hear that everything is going forward with your big move...  but it's so much work, right?  Especially going from house to condo... good luck with your car servicing & home projects...  as for the going into office thing...  I'm still trying to come up with a good, efficient balance.  

As much as I like the flexibility of doing some work at home, I miss the 'before' times, when there was more of a distinction between my work life, & outside work life, it feels like they are one & the same now.

• Like 2

Melody - you were looking for those Chaco booties last year, right?   You had the wrong size then they were out?  Well, they are back on their website.  I'm looking for this year's work boots and came across them.   If nothing else, I'll get those again in the tan instead of gray.   They are the Borealis Ledge, if you forgot. 

Overcast, rainy, miserable day.  That kind of overcast that is dark enough that you want to just stay cured up on the sofa all day.  Makes the OOTD easy: sweats and a long sleeve T.

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Melody - you were looking for those Chaco booties last year, right?   You had the wrong size then they were out?  Well, they are back on their website.  I'm looking for this year's work boots and came across them.   If nothing else, I'll get those again in the tan instead of gray.   They are the Borealis Ledge, if you forgot. 

Overcast, rainy, miserable day.  That kind of overcast that is dark enough that you want to just stay cured up on the sofa all day.  Makes the OOTD easy: sweats and a long sleeve T.

Thanks Kat!  I’m on the hunt!

• Like 2

Melody - so far, those booties are still the best I can find for my workday wear.  Well, I would love to get a pair of Duckfeet Århus Boots, but not at $295!!!  Those boots tease me every year.  There is a pair of  Sorel Women's Out 'N About™ III Conquest Boot that have some potential but I have a good/bad thing with how Sorels fit me.  I have to think about it.  

The weather is soooo weird right now. Yesterday was gloomy and rainy.  Today it's partly sunny and in the upper 30s.   Come the weekend it'll be back in the mid 50s.  

I do have to go to the pharmacy for a refil and the grocery for some coffee filters, so I guess I I'll be putting on some leggings and a sweatshirt.  Not worth getting all dressed up for that.  

• Like 1

Kat, sounds like you have Jeckyl & Hyde weather there lol.... 😉

Today is a photo shoot for our team Christmas cards...  can I tell you how much I despise posed photos?  & dressing up like we live where it's winter.... it's 75F & I'm going to be wearing a black turtle neck sweater dress with stockings, booties....  yuck....  

leggings & a tee are more my style lol...  except today it would be short 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gloomy day.  Very low cloud cover - can't see the hills 1.5 miles away.  blah.

I got up this morning to make my coffee - I FORGOT TO GET THE FILTERS YESTERDAY!  Had to use the alternative method with the old reusable filter.  It just doesn't make the coffee as tasty to me.  At least I had cream for my coffee.

I got my work contract yesterday afternoon.  My boss came through and got me the high-end hourly rate!  Every little bit helps.  And, she put an estimated end date of 4/22, which is a week longer.  I think she did that because she asked me if I could work an extra week last April, but I already had plans.   I start on 11/22, so a little over a week left to be a Lady of Leisure.  

OOTD:  a pair of joggers and a long sleeve T shirt.  

• Like 3

I forgot to wish all those who served or are serving, a HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY...........thank you for your service. Melody, hubby was in the military, correct? Give him my thanks.

Kat, good luck on going back to work.🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I forgot to wish all those who served or are serving, a HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY...........thank you for your service. Melody, hubby was in the military, correct? Give him my thanks.

Kat, good luck on going back to work.🙂

Thanks Lois. Whole family is or was military except middle daughter, she became a teacher & just started her 24th year.   Hubs is lower right, 22 years AF & a couple of other pictures. Grandson upper left & right. Son is a disabled Marine. Oldest daughter is a medically retired AF, her hubs is AF vet. Melody

4F135306-EB31-4358-A964-8D16B4A4973C.jpeg

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 6

Interesting fact:  It takes more time to fly from Marseilles to Milan or Bologna than DRIVING.  There are a handful of flight times that are under 8 hours, but have a "run through the airport" connection times or that  have really late departures.  Taking the train is around 11-12 hours.  Driving is about 9 hours.  Too funny to me.  Instead of renting a car multiple times, I could rent once and turn it in when I get on the plane in Florence for Paris.  Need a car for a lot of what I think I could possibly do.  Yes I know about ZTLs and such.  It was just mind blowing when I was looking at all of this.  I love driving, too.  But, the train looks interesting, too, up through Switzerland.   More fodder for my hamster wheel!!

Nothing today but I think I'll do a run down to the Valley.  Hit up REI and Nordstrom on my hunt for my Winter work booties.   

A late "thank you" to all who served or supported those who served!!  Military families have a hard job and rarely get any thanks. 

• Like 1

Think I’ve finally gotten through everyone’s posts, lots going on! 

Melody, love all your pictures!  You all look very happy on your cruise.

Christy, nice picture of you with your husband! Hope your skin treatments continue to go well.

Debbie, I really like what you did with your flip house, I can see why it sold quickly!

Cynthia, welcome to condo life!  We are so far enjoying our condo but sometimes I miss having a house, like when we are bringing in suitcases from the car!

Lois, you really are quite the traveler, I am glad you are getting out there!

Kat, I am enjoying reading about your trip planning.  Nice picture at the concert! 

We are leaving this morning for our short, free cruise on Serenade, it seemed strange packing for only a 5 day cruise, I feel like I am forgetting stuff!  Anyway, I will think of all of you when I am sitting on the beach eating guacamole and drinking margaritas😂

Have a great weekend!

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

Good morning girls from cloudy North Florida.........

Sherri, have a fun FREE cruise🙂

I live in a condo too and no stairs for me. I even have my own attached garage😃.  You must live in a condo that is a high rise?......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Anyway, I will think of all of you when I am sitting on the beach eating guacamole and drinking margaritas😂

That sounds so much more fun than schlepping items from my garage storage to the curb this weekend!!!  Enjoy your cruise! 🏝️🦜

• Like 1

Good Morning, & Bon Voyage, Sherri!   We leave in 5 more days for our next cruise...First time ever that I've been this close without packing a thing...  it's a few days pre cruise in San Diego followed up by a HAL Mexican Riviera 😉   I bought the unlimited laundry package, so it's going to be a pretty easy packing method:  shorts, tees, sundresses, & some fun jewelry.    Haven't done a cruise where it hasn't snowed in years, so this is an easy packing job 🙂

Edited by cruise kitty
  • Like 2

Hi girls, Happy Sunday.  Didn't realize Sherri and Debbie are cruising.  Hope you both have a great time🙂 Debbie, I LOVE San Diego!.......where are you staying? 

My cruise is coming up too........I fly to Fort Lauderdale on Dec 1st and the flight is only 1 hour from where I live. BIG change from my past 3 cruises. Europe twice and Alaska.   I will be taking a 15 night Caribbean cruise this time😀

I think I will be in bathing suits with a cover up most of the time (during the day)....I had to get 2 new bottoms (I gained weight👎)........the tops still fit but the bottoms to the suits were too tight. At least nowadays there are plenty of "mix and matches". 

• Like 2

Today it's more garage cleaning prior to the Monday trash pickup in my neighborhood, but tonight I'm going to clean myself up and go have dinner with friends that I haven't seen "in person" for a year. It's chilly here today so I'll probably wear jeans and one of my newly liberated (from cedar closet) fall/winter weight sweaters. Plus my silver/black "camo" sneakers. 

• Like 3

Hi Ladies! 

Lois, we are stying at the Carte Curio in San Diego,  it's an easy walk to Little Italy, Gas Lamp, & most important, the ship!   Very excited...  my packing will be easy peasy for once... 

Cynthia, enjoy your visit with friends 🙂  it's so great to be able to actually see people in person again...  we have our grandson's birthday party today...  last year we just delivered gifts to him on their front yard with masks & all stayed far away from one another...we are all boosted, & grandson received his first shot 2 weeks ago 🙂.      

-Debbie

• Like 2

I had that weird login issue again...

So many taking cruises!! I hope that everyone has great times.  And, stays safe!

I ended up just sitting outside in the sun the other day.  Put on the headphones and listened to 3 hours of Andrea Bocelli.  A very nice day.  It reminded me of taking the train around Italy and putting on the headphones and listen as the beautiful scenery passed by.  

A busy week before I go back to work next Monday.  I've got my dentist on Wednesday to finish up the inlay and Thursday is for visiting my hair stylist.  Then it's time for diving into work!!

I've been binging the series "Dopesick" on Hulu.  Wow.  A powerful series.  It's about Oxycontin and Purdue Pharma and how the opiod addiction exploded down in Appalachia.  It's a drama based on reality and real people.  I'd recommend it to anyone. 

• Like 3

OOTD for rain-soaked Western Washington -- we're in the middle of a Pineapple Express storm ---  black Athleta joggers, Volcanoes National Park top, little girl style rainboots & a 3/4 length puffer coat to take my dog for his walk....& yes, he has a raincoat, too.  It's really WET out!

• Like 3

Our daughter (the one who cruised with us) was named head girls swim coach yesterday. Every single girl on the team emailed or texted her telling her how happy they were that she was going to be their new coach. What a great way to make a coach feel welcome!  Nice to see. Melody

• Like 5