P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Happy New Year everyone

Welcome new posters

Happy Birthday, birthday people

I’m stiff and sore today after my encounter with black ice yesterday.  It didn’t hurt at all at the time.  I think a hot bath this afternoon should help.  It’s still very cold and frosty here, with a little easing forecast for the afternoon.  

We should have been boarding Iona tomorrow for back-to-backs to Iberian peninsula and Canaries.  😢

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, nicki-k said:

Happy New Year everyone, I've been following posts on here for a while now and thought it's about time I stopped lurking and joined in. Strangely enough I did post on the Royal Caribbean forum a few years ago but my profile shows zero posts so they must be in cyberspace somewhere 😂

Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year Nicki..

Graham.

36 minutes ago, nicki-k said:

Let's hope so John, I'm booked to go to the Fjords on Aurora in August. Under normal circumstances I would be planning like crazy but I sadly think this holiday is very unlikely to happen. Ever the optimist I will wait to the balance due date in May to make the decision.

We are also booked on that cruise. Obviously it must be in doubt but I am ever hopeful.

22 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

It's very cold here today -1C but bright.

Similar here but the ice and snow has cleared up.

I hope Rolo is better this morning.

Lot's of fireworks here around midnight.

It has rained heavily since midnight and only stopped now.

Hope you have a healthy and better New Year this year 

Graham.

Happy New Year all, let’s hope 2021 will be better for all of us in the long term.

Had a quiet New Year, heard some fireworks around 7pm whilst eating our evening meal, had a video call with grandchildren, got some advice from our 11 Year old grandson on films we should watch, he is such a film buff. Watched Queen live from Wembley on Sky One, heard a few fireworks again after midnight. 

This morning it’s cold around -2C according to outdoor thermometer we have a number of sleet showers, this year no visit to the Ironbridge see the Morris Dancers at midday drinking hot chocolate as has been cancelled due to Covid, first time since 2013 we have not been there on New Years Day, 2013 we were on our rapid trip back from New Years Eve in Funchal aboard the Aurora. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

A bit of good news to start the year my daughter has just rung to say that her brother, sister and herself have had their Covid test results back and are all negative. 

Wonderful news, the perfect beginning to a more hopeful new year 👍

Avril

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nicki-k said:

Happy New Year everyone, I've been following posts on here for a while now and thought it's about time I stopped lurking and joined in. Strangely enough I did post on the Royal Caribbean forum a few years ago but my profile shows zero posts so they must be in cyberspace somewhere 😂

A very Happy New Year and welcome to the forum. We're a friendly bunch on here, so I can promise you won't end up in cyberspace😉

Avril

• Like 1

Last night at Zoom Bingo with my daughter's family and the inlaws  I apparently won a big Winnebego, two premium Barry Manilow tickets (Oooh yes please)  and then a round the world luxury cruise.   🤣  Apparently here in Kent the shout is "Ere you are" not "House" so spent a bit of a time eyeoring like a silly donkey  It was great fun and it's nice to dream.

Glad you are posting Nicki-k.   pleased that just having a read/lurk was good.  It has been an absolutely great thing to be on here, especially when feeling a bit iffy over it all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Happy New Year everyone, although Rolo would not agree.  Bloody fireworks at 9pm (no idea why), then again at 11 when we left the EU and finally loads of fireworks at midnight. It's only a very small town/village.  Couldn't find him anywhere, then finally found him squashed between the wardrobe and chest of drawers, totally terrified and trembling.  Took an hour to stop it.  Sigh.

rolo1.jpg

Poor thing, I hope he's ok this morning as I know it can sometimes take a while for them to settle again. Our Border Collie would force herself so hard between me and the sofa, she would push me on the floor.

Avril

8 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Last night at Zoom Bingo with my daughter's family and the inlaws  I apparently won a big Winnebego, two premium Barry Manilow tickets (Oooh yes please)  and then a round the world luxury cruise.   🤣  Apparently here in Kent the shout is "Ere you are" not "House" so spent a bit of a time eyeoring like a silly donkey  It was great fun and it's nice to dream.

Glad you are posting Nicki-k.   pleased that just having a read/lurk was good.  It has been an absolutely great thing to be on here, especially when feeling a bit iffy over it all.

Ooh err I’ve lived in Kent all my life and always said ‘House’ 😊

Hi everyone and looking at the amount of posts , not too many hangovers:classic_smile:

Nice to see new posters to this board so welcome Nicki, hope your cruise goes ahead .

Today I've only got one new year resolution for 2021.
That's to try and get out of the house a bit more, but not today it looks cold out there .

My fruit juices went down a treat last night, on the wagon for me .
A few years ago I decided  I would give up drinking whilst I'm at work.
I haven't touched a job since.

A little reminder for anyone who has to fill any forms in you now have to put 21 and 

not 20 , who's going to be the first to do it there's always one :classic_unsure:

This is the year we get our vaccines and a bit of normality back in our lives.

Lets remember 2020 has gone but the virus has not 634406012_covidsafe.jpg.ee882e9c3dbce7512a6deb0539a11a2b.jpg

Lets stay happy this year,...

If you love life smile and never give up ,no matter how bad things seem, Stay safe :classic_smile:

:classic_biggrin:istockphoto-1197134860-612x612.jpg.e7e1fc75831d33d3b4896b95a42f4967.jpg:classic_biggrin:

• Like 12

52 minutes ago, pete14 said:

We are also booked on that cruise. Obviously it must be in doubt but I am ever hopeful.

Oh dear, if yours is in doubt then then our Arcadia Fjords for June 24th is a definite no-go. I was kind of half expecting it when Moley said he 'thought' that P&O would begin to test the waters again in April, with hopefully a gradual roll out at the end of that month.

Avril

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Hi everyone and looking at the amount of posts , not too many hangovers:classic_smile:

Nice to see new posters to this board so welcome Nicki, hope your cruise goes ahead .

Today I've only got one new year resolution for 2021.
That's to try and get out of the house a bit more, but not today it looks cold out there .

My fruit juices went down a treat last night, on the wagon for me .
A few years ago I decided  I would give up drinking whilst I'm at work.
I haven't touched a job since.

A little reminder for anyone who has to fill any forms in you now have to put 21 and 

not 20 , who's going to be the first to do it there's always one :classic_unsure:

This is the year we get our vaccines and a bit of normality back in our lives.

Lets remember 2020 has gone but the virus has not 634406012_covidsafe.jpg.ee882e9c3dbce7512a6deb0539a11a2b.jpg

Lets stay happy this year,...

If you love life smile and never give up ,no matter how bad things seem, Stay safe :classic_smile:

:classic_biggrin:istockphoto-1197134860-612x612.jpg.e7e1fc75831d33d3b4896b95a42f4967.jpg:classic_biggrin:

My children had a good laugh a few years ago when I told them that I used to write the new year on a few cheques in my cheque book at the beginning of the year in case I forgot to write the correct year. They’ve never had a cheque book or written a cheque! 

• Like 4

We watched the New Year in on German TV (very entertaining - the acts on their variety shows often make us feel young, eg ‘Little’ Peggy March of ‘I love him’ fame, now 72 etc ...) followed by a past year’s recording of fireworks over the Brandenburg Gates.  The fireworks were accompanied by rousing well known classical music pieces beginning with Ode to Joy. As this was the exact moment we were ‘free’ of the EU I felt like a dog with my nose pressed against the window and a bit sad.  Harry would appreciate that I’m sure, but he’s not been around this week!

Anyway, onwards and upwards in the hope that all you Brexiteers are proved right 😉.  Best wishes to all, whatever your views!  I’ve celebrated the New Year by booking a Baltic cruise on Arcadia for 2022 this morning 🎉🎉

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

We watched the New Year in on German TV (very entertaining - the acts on their variety shows often make us feel young, eg ‘Little’ Peggy March of ‘I love him’ fame, now 72 etc ...) followed by a past year’s recording of fireworks over the Brandenburg Gates.  The fireworks were accompanied by rousing well known classical music pieces beginning with Ode to Joy. As this was the exact moment we were ‘free’ of the EU I felt like a dog with my nose pressed against the window and a bit sad.  Harry would appreciate that I’m sure, but he’s not been around this week!

Anyway, onwards and upwards in the hope that all you Brexiteers are proved right 😉.  Best wishes to all, whatever your views!  I’ve celebrated the New Year by booking a Baltic cruise on Arcadia for 2022 this morning 🎉🎉

Yes Harry has been very quiet for a while. I hope he is well.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

After my post moanings a while back, an update. Tuesday 29th December 13 items of post including 6 Christmas cards!! The next day 1 item, the one I was waiting for, a card from my sister with a gift voucher each in it for John and I! Phew! I can stop peering at the door now 😆

We're still waiting for the PandO calendar..... grrrrrr!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We're still waiting for the PandO calendar..... grrrrrr!!!

Am I supposed to have one of those or is it just high tiers ------- sorry, used the T word ---- mean in the loyalty programme 😉

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

After my post moanings a while back, an update. Tuesday 29th December 13 items of post including 6 Christmas cards!! The next day 1 item, the one I was waiting for, a card from my sister with a gift voucher each in it for John and I! Phew! I can stop peering at the door now 😆

I have been waiting for the postman all month to bring me my car insurance renewal details.  Car insurance ran out at midnight yesterday so I rang the insurance company to be told that it had been posted on the 7th December!

A welcome to the forum from me to Nicki - I too was another lurker for quite a while before I started posting.

We had a few fireworks here early evening but hardly anything at midnight - a very quiet evening.

Hope all animals that didn't like the noise and bangs have recovered now.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Am I supposed to have one of those or is it just high tiers ------- sorry, used the T word ---- mean in the loyalty programme 😉

Tis a loyalty thing - Caribbean.  Just a nice thing to hang on the kitchen wall.  A shame we can't put our 2021 cruise on it - cancelled ☹️

• Thanks 1