P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Wouldn’t that be grand?  I have to say that science has been as wonderful as politics has been lamentable through this matter

Another lovely day, another day with a large black hole in the diary.  Ho hum.  Roll on the time I’m complaining about too much going on!

Ha ha, my diary has a similar black hole in it! 

Indiana - as one who has various bits of metal in a leg following two accidents,  I have a 'rollator', a three wheeled walker with a seat, which I don't like using but it makes all the difference when you are out and about and need a rest now and again, and can walk but need a bit of help and stability.   They also fold up well to go in the car boot.  The  four wheeled ones are apparently more stable, but don't fold as small.  Also a bag,  which is very useful for handbag and bits of shopping etc.  Don't need it at home, but it lives in the car boot, along with a stick for short distances. 

• Like 2

Well a nice start to the day. Had a quick chat with a neighbour who is on his way south today to see his family. He was so happy which I can empathise with as I felt the same way on the 16th when we could travel out of council to see family. So he is on his merry way to England and it was lovely to see him so excited.

Safe travels to anyway who is making a similar journey in any direction across U.K. borders today.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Indiana - as one who has various bits of metal in a leg following two accidents,  I have a 'rollator', a three wheeled walker with a seat, which I don't like using but it makes all the difference when you are out and about and need a rest now and again, and can walk but need a bit of help and stability.   They also fold up well to go in the car boot.  The  four wheeled ones are apparently more stable, but don't fold as small.  Also a bag,  which is very useful for handbag and bits of shopping etc.  Don't need it at home, but it lives in the car boot, along with a stick for short distances. 

Thanks for that - I'm very much after one of these myself, for similar reasons.  What I'm struggling to find though is something that looks good - something that looks as if it wasn't designed in the 1940s!

Found one or two that might fill the bill, but the search continues.......

Lets Go Out Lightweight Rollator

Rollz Motion Performance is the luxury version of the a Rollz rollator

image.thumb.jpeg.b799b6e0828a640e6970f967b70f80cc.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well a nice start to the day. Had a quick chat with a neighbour who is on his way south today to see his family. He was so happy which I can empathise with as I felt the same way on the 16th when we could travel out of council to see family. So he is on his merry way to England and it was lovely to see him so excited.

Safe travels to anyway who is making a similar journey in any direction across U.K. borders today.

Took The Ole Lady to the station today as she travels up to Greenock to see her sisters.  Pre-booked seats only out of Euston.  Everyone's bookings being checked before being allowed on the train.

Off to Waitrose now to buy some sirloin steaks and jumbo king prawns 🤣

• Like 3

Cross border travel is confusing me. I’m back in Scotland but want to visit friends in England. But I don’t think I can stay with them yet - nor go in their homes! Most hotels are still closed so am I right that I’d have to find self catering accommodation? Or have I missed something?

Lovely day here in Bolton but temperatures are due to be going down for the rest of the week. For the first time this year we are going to see some friends and have lunch in their garden. I feel giddy with excitement!  A bit of normality is a great tonic, fingers crossed it will continue.

• Like 1

Harry - sadly we were short of time when we needed one, as I had to be able to act as a carer asap.  Mine is pretty bog standard, its redeeming quality being that it is British Racing Green!

Yours look interesting, and if the convertible one really works certainly looks like a good idea.  I can remember thinking they were just shopping trolleys for old ladies years ago, but if they make the difference between going out and not they are well worth while.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Harry - sadly we were short of time when we needed one, as I had to be able to act as a carer asap.  Mine is pretty bog standard, its redeeming quality being that it is British Racing Green!

Yours look interesting, and if the convertible one really works certainly looks like a good idea.  I can remember thinking they were just shopping trolleys for old ladies years ago, but if they make the difference between going out and not they are well worth while.

Apologies to everyone for taking this a bit off-topic, but your earlier post made us both sit down and spend a bit of time getting this sorted out.  We've been mulling it over for weeks, but decision now made and order placed.  Might possibly be of interest to Indiana too.

We've gone for this - a Rollz Motion 2. Pricy, but well designed and doubles up as a rollator and wheelchair.  Easily foldable for the car too.

Time for me to bite the bullet and start using one!

617xYDS0ANL._AC_SL1406_.jpg

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Apologies to everyone for taking this a bit off-topic, but your earlier post made us both sit down and spend a bit of time getting this sorted out.  We've been mulling it over for weeks, but decision now made and order placed.  Might possibly be of interest to Indiana too.

We've gone for this - a Rollz Motion 2. Pricy, but well designed and doubles up as a rollator and wheelchair.  Easily foldable for the car too.

That’s great Harry and just shows how useful conversations on here can be.....

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Good afternoon.

After a period of reflection, I have decided to carry on posting.

I’d just like to thank those people who posted, kind, supportive posts, very much appreciated by me. 

Really good to hear that, Dermotsgirl!  Welcome back.  Everyone's appreciated your posts, and missed you.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Good afternoon.

I’d just like to thank those people who posted, kind, supportive posts, very much appreciated by me. 

Very pleased to hear that Dermotsgirl. If you had left it would have been a loss to the forum.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

14 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Good afternoon.

Delighted to hear from you.

Your posts are always true, factual and informative and I'm always happy to read them.

Graham.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Oops!

Harry just looking at this bit a kit, from a pilots point of view, seems very low maybe?

I see exactly what you mean, but it's adjustable and there's even a version for shorter people.  The videos are useful too, as a guide to what it's like.

Probably a bit of a risk without actually seeing one in the flesh, so to speak, but it exactly fits our needs and the research I've done this morning makes me confident that it will be suitable.

Famous last words.........

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’ll be sending links to these posts to my best friend whose mobility is not as she would wish following treatment for lymphoma, so thanks to Indiana for starting this discussion and to others who have joined in with their experiences.

I’m going to research your choice Harry, to see how heavy it is.

• Like 1

See?  SM posts can be helpful and informative 🙂

Beautiful sunny day but such a wicked cold wind.  We’ve done a good 2 hour, 10,000 step walk.  The Shire is looking lovely.  We only met one other person (and his cockapoo) on the walk.  Thankfully we’re getting enough human interaction to be happy about a solitary walk - a couple of months back we would have been devastated not to have even a tiny bit of human contact

8D12CBB0-A269-4A3D-9649-CC0FE54DBF71.jpeg

1844AE07-73CE-45C3-B14F-A0C85308CF90.jpeg

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Good afternoon.

Great news Dermotsgirl.  That's really good to hear and I for one am delighted.  Jane.x

• Like 4