P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

It has been a loooong day.  I was out at 8 am to walk to the local vaccination hub because it is only just over a mile and half from home and being a nice day I thought it was a good idea to walk.  I didn't take into consideration that I would be tired after 8.5 hours in there and it is all uphill coming home.  One day I will learn to look at the bigger picture.

Tomorrow I will definitely drive down even though it is only until 1 o'clock  😁😁

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Tea anyone? 

IMG_20210612_131330.jpg

You've outdone Fortnum and Mason with this Andy. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Hope you and Beth all have a great birthday celebration. Very best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

In his early days he was a good singer, sang with the likes of Gerry Rafferty.

I like a good laugh and some comedians are really entertaining, I like Kevin Bridges and Michael McIntyre for example but they don’t make me laugh out loud like Billy.

We supplied some materials to his house in Windsor. I can't say the name of the house, but it was very rude. It made the drivers laugh and the Ladies in the office blush.🤣

58 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It has been a loooong day.  I was out at 8 am to walk to the local vaccination hub because it is only just over a mile and half from home and being a nice day I thought it was a good idea to walk.  I didn't take into consideration that I would be tired after 8.5 hours in there and it is all uphill coming home.  One day I will learn to look at the bigger picture.

Tomorrow I will definitely drive down even though it is only until 1 o'clock  😁😁

I imagine lots of very happy customers.

Horrific incident at the Denmark v Finland match. Player collapsed and had to have CPR on the pitch. Just heard he's been stabilised and is now awake. The medics quite probably saved his life with their immediate response and treatment of him. This is a 29 year old fit young man. Life is so precious. Tell your loved ones how much you love them every day ( and your pets! ). Take care everyone. Jane.xxxx

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Horrific incident at the Denmark v Finland match. Player collapsed and had to have CPR on the pitch. Just heard he's been stabilised and is now awake. The medics quite probably saved his life with their immediate response and treatment of him. This is a 29 year old fit young man. Life is so precious. Tell your loved ones how much you love them every day ( and your pets! ). Take care everyone. Jane.xxxx

Looks like he is going to be Ok, they have actually restarted the game which bodes well.

• Like 3

Back to comedy. I've been lucky enough to see Billy Connolly live at the Albert Hall when he was in his prime. Outstandingly good shows - both - we laughed till we could hardly stand. Absolute genius without anyone to equal him at the time. Love Peter Kay too. Jane.x

5 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Looks like he is going to be Ok, they have actually restarted the game which bodes well.

Just watching now Phil. I was surprised they re-started the game tonight given that the players are probably still in shock. Main thing is that Eriksen looks to pull through. Jane.x

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Just watching now Phil. I was surprised they re-started the game tonight given that the players are probably still in shock. Main thing is that Eriksen looks to pull through. Jane.x

I was surprised,  I would imagine the players were asked, and wanted to play for their team mate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Back to comedy. I've been lucky enough to see Billy Connolly live at the Albert Hall when he was in his prime. Outstandingly good shows - both - we laughed till we could hardly stand. Absolute genius without anyone to equal him at the time. Love Peter Kay too. Jane.x

The Billy and Albert was IMO his best work and my fave DVD.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Got to be Tommy Cooper. The audience were laughing when he walked on !

A long time ago we were in a pub in Chiswick. TC and his wife were in, she was about 5' tall. We tried to not look at him. When he left he came over and said good evening lads and left. My friend was rolling around on the floor and the girls were most embarrassed. For the next few years Dave would say " guess what Tommy Cooper said " and went into hysterics again. A very funny man.🤣

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

You must be exhausted Josy. That's a long old day - and you're going back for more tomorrow. Grateful and sincere thanks to all volunteers everywhere. Jane.x

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Got to be Tommy Cooper. The audience were laughing when he walked on !

Also laughing when he collapsed on stage and died, we all thought it was part of his act. He was such an amazing magician, a member of the magic circle. We also liked the Irish comedian Dave Allan.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It's been a nice lazy day.

We had a walk along the beach promenade and have been sitting for hours looking out to sea.

We can see the daily DFDS ferry to Amsterdam on the horizon.

Graham.

IMG_20210612_150557.jpg

1623515201887449295122863913420.jpg

Did you see Violet the one eyed seal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

The Billy and Albert was IMO his best work and my fave DVD.

Saw BC in Corby ( basically Glasgow in Northants in those days) in 1975 or so. The audience was obviously 99% Scottish, and Billy went the full Glaswegian with his accent. I understood about one word in three, so decided the best bet was to laugh when everyone else did.

A few years later,  I was working in Glasgow  - fortunately with a Glaswegian. When we went into a pub, I made sure that he was the one ordering the drinks,  given my English accent. Although not as frightening as going into a pub in Belfast in the midst of the troubles!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Also laughing when he collapsed on stage and died, we all thought it was part of his act. He was such an amazing magician, a member of the magic circle. We also liked the Irish comedian Dave Allan.

Avril

Sid James died of a heart attack on stage at the Sunderland Empire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Sid James died of a heart attack on stage at the Sunderland Empire.

Sorry, I know it's flippant,  but I suspect many comedians  died onstage at the Sunderland Empire!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No but I believe the emergency services were called because a seal got stuck on the beach today.

Someone has a video of her with that name, on a local photography page on the unmentionable site.

• Like 1