P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Sitting in the garden enjoying the sun now after another session checking people in at the vaccination hub.  I don't usually do 2 days together but yesterday they asked me to go in again today because so many people are back at work that they are now struggling to get enough volunteers.  I will go in tomorrow for 4 hours but have said that will be the last until next weekend. 

If anyone has some time to spare would you please consider volunteering in your area because apparently most areas are struggling to get volunteers.  It is in the interest of all of us that as many people are vaccinated as soon as possible so that we can start getting back to as near normal as we can.

Sorry for getting on my soap box.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Sitting in the garden enjoying the sun now after another session checking people in at the vaccination hub.  I don't usually do 2 days together but yesterday they asked me to go in again today because so many people are back at work that they are now struggling to get enough volunteers.  I will go in tomorrow for 4 hours but have said that will be the last until next weekend. 

If anyone has some time to spare would you please consider volunteering in your area because apparently most areas are struggling to get volunteers.  It is in the interest of all of us that as many people are vaccinated as soon as possible so that we can start getting back to as near normal as we can.

Sorry for getting on my soap box.

My hubby has been volunteering as a steward for a few weeks at our local vaccination hub and said they are struggling to get enough volunteers as well.He is happier when he is busy, whereas I like to pace myself so has signed up for a few extra shifts.

• Like 7

It actually got up to 30°C in the car this afternoon.

We went to church this morning then we went to Wynyard gardens for lunch.

Afterwards we went to the garden centre and got some more summer bedding plants.

We went home and Pauline put the plant's in the garden and then we watered the gardens.

We went in the house later for dinner and when I looked out of the porch window this baby rabbit popped out of the conifers.

Graham.

IMG_20210613_115823.jpg

IMG_20210613_115846.jpg

IMG_20210613_190901.jpg

• Like 12

Good morning. 

I love this weather, but it's not exactly conducive to a good nights rest. Tossing and turning because of the heat, eyes and nose streaming because of hayfever. Up at 4.30am and in the garden with a coffee by 5.15am.

We're still in the throes of the bathroom renewal. There have been a few issues sourcing the fitments we wanted, but hopefully everything will/should be completed this week.🤞 We have been able to use the shower though thank goodness, but the mess and dust is never-ending and spreads everywhere no matter how hard I try to contain it.

Repeat after me.

It will be worth it when it's done.

It will be worth it when it's done.😁

It looks to be another beautiful day, so enjoy it whatever you're up to.

Stay safe and take care.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
oops
  • Like 10

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning. 

I love this weather, but it's not exactly conducive to a good nights rest. Tossing and turning because of the heat, eyes and nose streaming because of hayfever. Up at 4.30am and in the garden with a coffee by 5.15am.

We're still in the throes of the bathroom renewal. There have been a few issues sourcing the fitments we wanted, but hopefully everything will/should be completed this week.🤞 We have been able to use the shower though thank goodness, but the mess and dust is never-ending and spreads everywhere no matter how hard I try to contain it.

Repeat after me.

Stay safe and take care.

Avril

It was a very warm one wasn’t it Avril. 
Some idiot nearby had a bonfire (or possibly an over enthusiastic BBQ) around 11pm. The smoke was billowing and flooding thru everyone’s open windows. They’ll not be popular this morning!

I remember when we had our bathroom done - we went on a cruise for the duration as we were warned the dust was horrendous. I’m sure it’ll all be worth it when it is finished.

Gill x

• Like 5

You’ll be fine Avril

Dust will be a distant memory in a little while and you’ll have years of enjoying your lovely new bathroom

We bit the bullet & bought a Dyson fan last summer.  They really are good.  No hum, which would drive me crazy.  A timer, so I just put it on for 2 hours when we go to bed and 💤.  Got 7 hours sleep last night, so that’ll do

Sorry about the hay fever.  Do the simple antihistamines not help (and help you sleep?). I’m fortunate in never having suffered.  A former work colleague was a sufferer.  She swore by a clean pillowcase every night- taken from the cupboard/drawer immediately before retiring, and a smear of Vaseline round the nostrils.

Graham - nearly forgot to ask if the baby bunny was coming out to see if Pauline’s new bedding plants would be a tasty supper?

So.  Not Freedom Day (🙄) today.  What a bloody shambles, leaving us vulnerable to the Delta/Indian strain whilst all the time watching the horrors in India 🤬

Ho hum.  Enjoy what you can everyone.  There’s plenty to 🙂 about - even football apparently!  The cricket was a pile of poo though

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It actually got up to 30°C in the car this afternoon.

We went to church this morning then we went to Wynyard gardens for lunch.

Afterwards we went to the garden centre and got some more summer bedding plants.

We went home and Pauline put the plant's in the garden and then we watered the gardens.

We went in the house later for dinner and when I looked out of the porch window this baby rabbit popped out of the conifers.

Graham.

IMG_20210613_115823.jpg

IMG_20210613_115846.jpg

IMG_20210613_190901.jpg

Lovely pictures Graham. Our son got married at Wynyard Hall back in 2013, it was lovely 

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning. 

Repeat after me.

Stay safe and take care.

Avril

It will be worth it when it’s done Avril.

Joiner comes later this week to put a new wood floor in the bedroom so I will be in the same position as you with dust everywhere. 
It has been a bit warm for me too the last few nights

Michelle

• Like 3

Good morning :classic_smile: I hope everyone had a nice weekend .Lots seemed to be enjoying 

themselves after the football as they sang their inaudible words of their football songs,

Singing and loads of beer don't work for some reason .:classic_unsure: Next door's was in full swing

until their ten year old who was playing football with his Granddad fell to the floor ,he

was crying, thrashing about in pain .His Gran ,his mother  , no one could console him 

or had a clue what was up with him ?:classic_wacko: Order was soon restored though when I said 

"Free Kick "  :classic_smile: That lad one day will be a professional player, such a talent:classic_rolleyes: 

To be honest they could have done with my Granddad as he was a great football player

in his day but had to give up the game due to going blind :classic_sad: but went on to be a football

referee instead :classic_biggrin: Funny old game football ,I once saw two footballers in our local pub

stood at the bar one asked the other "want a shot " to which he replied  " I'll pass" :classic_unsure:

Have a good day and stay safe everyone :classic_love:

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

56 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning. 

Repeat after me.

Stay safe and take care.

Avril

No sleep for me either Avril - well very little anyway. 30 degrees here yesterday too and I'm going to be very controversial here and say I hate it, and I hate Summer. Love the other 3 seasons but north of 22 degrees and I'm grizzly. Have a good day, keep cool, and it'll be worth it when it's done. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Sorry about the hay fever.  Do the simple antihistamines not help (and help you sleep)?

I do take a prescribed antihistamine each morning, and also a nasal spray twice a day, which under normal conditions, work well. However when the pollen count is very high, which it has been for the last few days, they don't work for the full 24hrs as they should. I don't think all the plaster dust is helping either. 

Avril

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beckett said:

No sleep for me either Avril - well very little anyway. 30 degrees here yesterday too and I'm going to be very controversial here and say I hate it, and I hate Summer. Love the other 3 seasons but north of 22 degrees and I'm grizzly. Have a good day, keep cool, and it'll be worth it when it's done. Best wishes. Jane.x

Me too, up the Hempstead Valley this morning and an Iced Latte

Expecting a double glazing quote today, actually an estimate. It may be eye watering as I think they are going to specify a composite door and they don't come cheap. 😱

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I do take a prescribed antihistamine each morning, and also a nasal spray twice a day, which under normal conditions, work well. However when the pollen count is very high, which it has been for the last few days, they don't work for the full 24hrs as they should. I don't think all the plaster dust is helping either. 

Avril

I take a daily anti histamine and have been taking them in the evening (drowsy version) as it helps me sleep. Now I am taking them in the morning I seem to be snoozing a lot of the day. Must change to the non drowsy version.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Me too, up the Hempstead Valley this morning and an Iced Latte

Expecting a double glazing quote today, actually an estimate. It may be eye watering as I think they are going to specify a composite door and they don't come cheap. 😱

From previous history they often add 50% to the price expecting people to ask for a discount and try to close the deal by offering a big discount.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

We hate the summer too. Will bite the bullet today. Off to Portsmouth . I get to sit and have a coffee whilst DW cools off in the Michael Kors shop. Lunch looking at the comings and goings ( no pun ) in the harbour and then a wander along to Southsea to have a look at the folk going red, maybe tea in a little cafe on the way home,then watch some footy. We hate summer.🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

We bit the bullet & bought a Dyson fan last summer.  They really are good.  No hum, which would drive me crazy.  A timer, so I just put it on for 2 hours when we go to bed and 💤.  Got 7 hours sleep last night, so that’ll do

Interested to hear that. The price always put me off, and I’m not overkeen on Dyson, but you obviously rate the fans highly. The noise of a normal fan would keep me awake, but not this one?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We hate the summer too. Will bite the bullet today. Off to Portsmouth . I get to sit and have a coffee whilst DW cools off in the Michael Kors shop. Lunch looking at the comings and goings ( no pun ) in the harbour and then a wander along to Southsea to have a look at the folk going red, maybe tea in a little cafe on the way home,then watch some footy. We hate summer.🤣

I'm so glad I'm not the only one Zap. I just had my aircon re-gassed last week so my car is icy and wonderful - tempted to work from the car today! Have a grand day in Portsmouth and hope your DW finds lots to buy in the Kors shop. The football's great isn't it? Good luck to Scotland today. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Interested to hear that. The price always put me off, and I’m not overkeen on Dyson, but you obviously rate the fans highly. The noise of a normal fan would keep me awake, but not this one?

Worth every penny Harry. I too bought one last year and, as Eddie said, the silence is one of it's best features. Jane.x

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I was very, very reluctant to add to Dyson’s millions but it seems he’s got a unique design here.

I would hate a normal fan, and, to a certain extent, high force “blowiness”, but Sir James has it sorted

One model has Hepa (?) filters, I think, so might also help wrt dust & pollen particles 

It is a crazy price.  All his things are

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Worth every penny Harry. I too bought one last year and, as Eddie said, the silence is one of it's best features. Jane.x

8 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I was very, very reluctant to add to Dyson’s millions but it seems he’s got a unique design here.

I would hate a normal fan, and, to a certain extent, high force “blowiness”, but Sir James has it sorted

One model has Hepa (?) filters, I think, so might also help wrt dust & pollen particles 

It is a crazy price.  All his things are

Thanks!  I’ll have to take another look.  Any particular model recommendations please, if you wouldn’t mind?

16 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one Zap. I just had my aircon re-gassed last week so my car is icy and wonderful - tempted to work from the car today! Have a grand day in Portsmouth and hope your DW finds lots to buy in the Kors shop. The football's great isn't it? Good luck to Scotland today. Best wishes. Jane.x

That cheered me up. I had my Aircon pumped up last week and haven't really used it yet. Yippee really cool ,man.🤣

• Haha 1

Good morning.

So some on here  hate the summer, wow, I always hated winter, which is why I joined the RN aged 16. Still do, all those dark winter days, seem to go on forever. Good job we are all different ! A genuine question, do those not liking warm weather cruise north or only visit southern areas in the winter ?

Cooler day today, with changeable weather later in the week.

Seems certain a four week delay in full restrictions being lifted.

Stay safe.

• Like 3