P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

34 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Oooh no sorry. Are myself and brother the other half? I accept the joke but blimey we came from a very poor background. Our family lived on a council estate, it was our parents who saw education as the way forward , a way they didn't have access to as one was too ill (I taught my Mum to read and write when she was 30) and my father came from a family too poor for him to do secondary education. They were both determined that their kids would have every chance and they gave it to us at a high cost to them. Brother and I may be I suppose considered as well off now but we value every penny of it and our parents hardship in giving it to us and ensured our Dad wanted for nothing. Sadly Mum died young. We take every opportunity to give back and ensure in Brother's case his kids got no easy ride taking family money for granted. Sorry if this sounds waspish but not everyone with money was born into the silver spoon and it cuts deep with me.

Lost interest in the Chateaubriand now we have booked an indian takeaway.

No worries,just my cockney sense of humour.The way we wound each other up in the pub would cause punch ups anywhere else in the country.I bet our council estate was worse than yours.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, brian1 said:

No worries,just my cockney sense of humour.The way we wound each other up in the pub would cause punch ups anywhere else in the country.I bet our council estate was worse than yours.

Funny old world. When you were a scruffy snotty nosed kid in your council house I can imagine the discussion between your folks...............When our kid retires, I wonder if he will winter in Essex, or his estate in Tuscany.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Another busy day helping at the vaccine hub, I am there again on Thursday and Friday so tomorrow is going to be busy getting all of my pre-Christmas chores done.  Thursday is open until 9pm  and Friday until 1pm.  I am surprised that people are willing to risk side effects over Christmas  but we have a lot of bookings for Friday.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Another busy day helping at the vaccine hub, I am there again on Thursday and Friday so tomorrow is going to be busy getting all of my pre-Christmas chores done.  Thursday is open until 9pm  and Friday until 1pm.  I am surprised that people are willing to risk side effects over Christmas  but we have a lot of bookings for Friday.

Total respect, to you all, well done and thank you.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

TBH if I hadnt already had my booster if they were open I would go on Christmas Day, think it is far more important having it than just one day of celebration. It is very good of you to give your time up in the run up to Christmas when everyone has so much to do and especially with the abuse you receive.

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am surprised that people are willing to risk side effects over Christmas  but we have a lot of bookings for Friday

No side effects at all for my wife and I, or indeed anyone else we know.

I am aware that some posters on here have had issues,  but they do seem very much to be in the small minority.  

Just catching up with all the chat’s, glad you’re all still ok and keeping safe and all of your family members that have caught Covid are on the road to recovery.

Graham best wishes for your op on 24th and it’s not too sore for you .

weather here was 25 today but cloudy and still 17 now at 00:37 (can’t sleep) , been taking it easy since last week when we came out and just starting to get over my chest infection which I’ve had for 3 weeks, not been to too many places so just a few pictures, next week hopefully when my chest is better we are climbing up a old volcano and having a picnic at the top on the rim , other half not looking forward to it 😅, any way I hope you all stay safe over the holidays and see your families and loved ones , I’m feeling a little home sick to see my kids and grandchildren but I’m stuck out here for another 18 days .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning hope everyone is ok this morning:classic_smile:

-1.c here this morning but then it is winter. Talking on the phone to some of 

our younger grandkids and they seemed worried about the parking situation

on their street and wondered about Santa and his sleigh and would he end up

with parking charges ? I told them not to worry as the parking for Santa is 

"On the house ":classic_wink:

Have a good day and stay safe :classic_love:

testdeer.jpg.b110118f3f2d71374a546285b6f8365e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

13C118BF-AF52-4C82-8EED-0099BA7907A8.jpeg

46E8CD71-87DC-497A-B887-4B2B721C60C5.jpeg

3604FEA9-111F-495D-A66B-038B0074C250.jpeg

8C99AFAB-C9F8-4CF4-BEC4-6677E1214990.jpeg

B7F7B820-229B-4F98-9D2F-787EF8BB9A47.jpeg

48DA29D8-28C3-4062-847A-F88D9F843951.jpeg

830FD245-DFE3-4BBC-8CA6-0C82D93AAD88.jpeg

F968958A-0488-4B6C-AC5B-4EB3C4B8697F.jpeg

8F0E4F06-C917-4424-B401-95EE7EA947DE.jpeg

CD38144E-30C3-4DE5-AEE7-A8972FA15CE3.jpeg

Somehow I don't think you are going to find it hard to maintain 2 metre social distancing over there !

Lol

Great photos - looks like you've got your own private island!

Are you the only ones there? 

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is extra quiet here than normal, well certainly from last December anyway, even the small children wear their mask , but case’s are on the up here with 400 people infected but staying at home and 7 in hospital, 4 serious, the airport was strict on checking documents and scanning everyone. Not a lot of tourist and plenty of spaces in restaurants and loads on the beach , flight out was under half full and hopefully the same when we come home .

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

You are amazing Josy.

Everyone at the vaccine hubs and the covid testing sites deserve massive thanks from us all.

It is -1°C here this morning.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

I am aware that some posters on here have had issues,  but they do seem very much to be in the small minority.  

Same here...I had Moderna booster and husband had Pfizer. No side effects. 

Other friends and family reporting the same. 

That’s a lovely dose of sunshine Purdey.  Thanks for sharing.

It was a lovely sunrise here too.  Pic below.

My last Tesco delivery and my Christmas beef joint arriving around midday.  We’ll walk before that and maybe walk to the sorting office to pay £3.50 to retrieve a mystery package.  Bet it’s something rubbish - why don’t they tell you who it’s from

Avril - what a nice day you had.  I’m so pleased for you

D7442614-7279-4A81-B336-1F30751EB7CD.thumb.jpeg.c6f2cf2398a4dfa6daa2c3b1de641ded.jpeg

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

It is extra quiet here than normal, well certainly from last December anyway, even the small children wear their mask , but case’s are on the up here with 400 people infected but staying at home and 7 in hospital, 4 serious, the airport was strict on checking documents and scanning everyone. Not a lot of tourist and plenty of spaces in restaurants and loads on the beach , flight out was under half full and hopefully the same when we come home .

I’m not really sure if those numbers I quoted were here in the town or the whole island but it was on the local radio station , but it has always been low here .

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You are amazing Josy.

Everyone at the vaccine hubs and the covid testing sites deserve massive thanks from us all.

It is -1°C here this morning.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham.

Yes I've got huge respect for all the volunteers

Special people all of them 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I’m feeling a little home sick to see my kids and grandchildren but I’m stuck out here for another 18 days.

I'm so sorry to hear this Sandra. If you can make arrangements, I'll willing take your place. Anything I can do to help😁

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Our arms were a little bit more hurty than last time but no worries. We will have our next booster Easter Sunday, as long as some kind Angel is prepared to do the jabbing.🤔

• Like 4

Good Morning Dear Friends

I am just checking in to say hello and to report on our vaccine progress this week. The good news is that every single appointment has been booked and no-one has dna'd (did not arrive). All the patients have been lovely and so many have brought in sweets, biscuits and chocs that we've assembled quite a pile. We have one receptionist who is tall, thin as a rake, and can eat a whole layer of Guylian chocs in one go. She's a self-confessed chocolate addict who never puts on an ounce. Obviously everyone hates her!

The bad news is that 4 of us have come down with a horrible flu-like virus with cough, sore throats, aches, loss of voice and chest problems. We all thought it was Covid but our LFTs are negative. We're double-masked and on a diet of wide open windows, an abundance of fluids, paracetamol and ibuprofen. 

Fotunately we've recruited 3 volunteers who are spending the week phoning patients to book the clinics. Without these wonderful people we would be up the creek without a paddle. So I'd like to add my voice (if I had one) of thanks to all our volunteer helpers over the country who are giving up their time so willingly, and selflessly,  to assist with this gargantuan task. Thank you so very much.

Take good care and stay as safe as you can. Very best wishes. Jane.xxxx

• Like 22

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well Jane. Hope you manage to get better before Christmas.

Also sorry to hear that you haven't been well either Sandra and wish you a speedy recovery.

Good luck for tomorrow Graham.

It's a grey and dismal day down here with light drizzly rain but not too cold as it's 9oC.

My daughter went out shopping with her sister this morning leaving at 5.30 am to be at Morrisons for when they opened at 6 am.

Meeting a friend for coffee later and a catch up, but other than that and some sweet making for Christmas nothing else planned for today.

Take care everyone and stay safe and wishing all poorly folk a speedy recovery.

Pam

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2