P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

51 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Hello fellow cruisers, finally joined the club after lurking for a while. We went shopping in Norwich yesterday, nice easy centre to get around, park and ride from Thickthorn ( £5.50 for the 2 of us) only a 5min journey.  Not been to the castle yet but hear it is well worth a visit. 

Welcome Chippy. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

1 hour ago, Chippyminton said:

Hello fellow cruisers, finally joined the club after lurking for a while. We went shopping in Norwich yesterday, nice easy centre to get around, park and ride from Thickthorn ( £5.50 for the 2 of us) only a 5min journey.  Not been to the castle yet but hear it is well worth a visit. 

Welcome @Chippyminton.

Looking forward to your posts.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Well we are in shock - our solar lights on the shrubs in the back garden have all decided to make an appearance tonight for the first time in months. This must mean that the sun has been out more today to charge them up ! Shock !

Just to share something nice below. We closed our caravan down last week and the weather was beautiful. We took this photo as we were about to leave. Nothing like a blue sky and a beautiful rainbow to bring a sense of hope moving forward.

20220103_143816.jpg

Weirdly, there was a rainbow over the sea when we closed down before Christmas, even though it was freezing.

Just now, pete14 said:

Weirdly, there was a rainbow over the sea when we closed down before Christmas, even though it was freezing.

We call that area a Land of Rainbows --- never seen so many ! Must be something to do with the close proximity to the sea or something. Beautiful

Not sure if this was Wordsworth or Tennyson😁

THE COLONOSCOPY PREP TWO-STEP
There are unpleasant things about growing older
That we should be more than willing to shoulder
Colonoscopies are near the top of the list
“They save lives!” said my gastroenterologist
That is a word I thought I’d never rhyme
I guess for everything there is a first time
An important procedure, you should not put off
It’s just like, “Please, Sir, turn your head and now cough.”
Butt (intentional spelling!) let’s get to the fun
BOTTOMS UP! is the phrase that comes to my mind
First, however, you must prepare your behind
It takes drastic measures to clear the old deck
So the doctor will be able to inspect and to check
You drink down the “GO” juice, to make everything loose
The effect was quite shocking to my poor caboose
The biggest surprise was the immediate reaction
No standing around. You are a man of action!
That race for the bathroom is an Olympic event
My dignity and pride just got up and went
Sprinting and hurdling over the cat
Racing the clock – once in there - I sat
And sat! And sat!! And sat!!!
The worst gastric dilemma that has ever occurred
There’s been nothing like it that I have endured
Think of a firehose with you as the nozzle!
The only real rhyme is “post-menopausal” (I don’t get it either!)
The squeaks, and the squeals, and the giggling sound
The noises I heard are the worst ever found
It did not seem human, and that says a lot
Frozen in horror, thought I’d die on the pot
It sounded like thunder! Lightning flashed in my eyes
I wondered if I’d live to see another sunrise
The explosive nature of this medication
Made me consider either burial or cremation
It seemed like a misery that just had no end! (HA HA)
Don’t want to be graphic, don’t want to offend
But Lord have mercy, this was gruesome indeed
For some kind of relief, I started to plead
Just when things were looking most bleak
The faucet shut off – at least so to speak
Thank goodness! Salvation had arrived at last!
But a cheese sandwich from grade school I’m sure I had passed
Too much information!
Early next morning, the procedure was done
It wasn’t too bad, but I have had more fun
Certainly, it’s worth it for the sake of your health
Because, after all, that is your greatest wealth
So do not put it off. No, do not delay
Put on your running shoes, join the bathroom relay
You’ll squirm, and you’ll wiggle until the pains pass
It’s amazing what that drink can do to your – DON’T SAY IT!!
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Absolutely, Annie. A beautiful city. And I say that as a Tractor Boy!

And that really good outdoor market still, I hope?  With a stall selling proper chips?

I read the post from Annie and i have set it in motion. Taxi booked for Wednesday.

3 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Hello and welcome chippyminton glad your no longer a lurker and now a poster , enjoy all our weird and wonderful discussions 🥴

4 minutes ago, ccpm said:

I read the post from Annie and i have set it in motion. Taxi booked for Wednesday.

Plus yes there are things that are unpleasant about growing older but there is nothing worst than telling whoever a child is dying. I will say now all lives matter and I do not have a child. In the course of my hospital jobs I have seen many die it is always hard whatever their age. Covid has just been another layer

3 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

I see Eddie has already christened you, so welcome to the forum Chippy. I was going to say that it's not really a 'mad house', but as you've been lurking for a while then you'll have realised that actually it is😁

Avril

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Another Suffolk bor always welcome, Chippy!

Harry

Hello Chippy, and welcome !

Even though I am an Essex lad,  I have to say that for a Tractor Boy,  Harry quite occasionally speaks sense, and, more importantly,  keeps me under control !  

Morning all. Hope everyone is well.

A dry day down here so far, but still no sun. Dry is a bonus though after all the rain we have had and very little wind and temps back up to double figures😀

Need to start sorting everything out as our cruise is on Saturday. Tried my dresses on yesterday and pleasantly surprised that they all still fit!!😁 

Have a good day and stay safe.

Pam

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning all. Hope everyone is well.

A dry day down here so far, but still no sun. Dry is a bonus though after all the rain we have had and very little wind and temps back up to double figures😀

Need to start sorting everything out as our cruise is on Saturday. Tried my dresses on yesterday and pleasantly surprised that they all still fit!!😁 

Have a good day and stay safe.

Pam

Well done with all your cruise dresses still fitting.
With no cruises currently booked I do not have to distress myself by confirming that I’ve gone up at least one size in last 2 years! 

Have a lovely cruise Pam - it will be wonderful to get away.

Gill x

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2022 at 10:34 AM, Britboys said:

Commiserations to your son Brian. Not for being 43 but for being in Newhaven...😂. I used to live just along the road from there. It always made me laugh driving past Newhaven and seeing the signs for "Centre Ville". I could imagine French people just off the ferry following these to its one, somewhat shabby street and saying "Où est le centre ville?"...😂.

I'm sure they will enjoy Eastbourne and Brighton though and wish him a Happy Birthday.

Cheers Andrew,seems you were right,but it was OK as a base for Eastbourne and Brighton.PI's are never in the most glamarous part of towns,ours was at the back of Sainsbury car park.Anyway Newhaven has pride of place on my bucket list tick offs just in front of New York,lol.

• Haha 2

On 1/8/2022 at 10:26 AM, indiana123 said:

, I couldn't believe what I was reading here.. I thought my idea was a one off...what a coincidence!🙃😂  It was only yesterday this all came up!

I decided I would like a weekend away with my daughter and her Husband.  Then I realised that the grandchildren and their partners would invite themselves.. oops I mean they would like to come.  As it would be a treat on me I had a brainwave that Worthing PI is on the seafront and with the meal deal would be great.

I suggested it to my daughter... she is up for a good laugh which we always have when together.

Hope everyone has a great time Brian.

Thanks Indi,one word of advice,Beefeater menu is a lot better than Brewers Fayre.As with most of UK saturday was a washout but sunday in Brighton was a lovely sunny but cold day.We had table booked for 7pm but luckily arrived an hour early cos they shut the bloody pub at 8pm with the only prior warning being a note on the pub door as we walked in.Staff shortages being the reason.PI breakfast is great though,you wont need to have a lunch that day,cheers,Brian